Transformers Masterpiece MP-12 Lambor, MP-13 Soundwave, and MP-14 Red Alert Showcased in Hobby Japan

Peter_Van

I believe that it is only a matter of time before a MP Devastator is produced.

IMHO Below:

Honestly I can see Hasbro/Takara release a whole bunch of G-1 styled combiners for the Generations toy line or movie-verse. because Any MP Combiner will cost too much & be out of reach for a big chunk of TF Fans/kids/parents.

Hasbro has a hard time trying to sell huge & exspensive MP TF toys. due to USA based retail stores not wanting them due to the huge shelf space needed. the high price tag that means it won't sell as fast as the cheaper priced regular TF toys.

Takara isn't going to pay the 100% bill on creating these MP TF Combiners. Takara needs hasbro on board to split the cost & get the most out of the molds. as hasbro distributes TF toys to more countries/stores than takara could ever dream of doing.

The reason why were getting MP-12 lambor & smaller scale MP TF toys. is because hasbro had a hard time trying to convince their distributers to stock the bigger more exspensive MP TF toys in stores.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MP combiners? Hell, they can't even make decent G1 homages for the Generations/United toy lines. Hell, WFC Bruticus only exists because it's tied to a new video game.

MP is the way to go for good combiners, MP Sideswipe may not make it to the US, Hasbro really had nothing to do with it's creation. If you want combiners in Generations, then get used to the Bruticus look, Hasbro had a chance to do it right and seriously screwed the pooch on it. If Takara wants to make MP combiners without Hasbro's backing they will, why? Because as witnessed by previous MP's they don't need Hasbro's support because the simple fact is if TF fans want it bad enough, they'll import them, MP-10 was an extremely successful example, it still has rather successful sales stat's even despite it's high price, and the news of a less expensive U.S. release. Hasbro simply licenses MP molds that Takara produces, the only input Hasbro ever has into them occurs after that licensing has been purchased and typically only involves what features are to be stripped away, and what needs to be modified to conform to US safety regulations. If Takara is producing MP combiners they won't need to license the molds to Hasbro to make a profit on them, that's what the fanbase is for, and third parties are merely providing more and more examples with each release that it's not just possible to produce combiners, it's financially viable as well. Seriously not one, but two extremely successful Devastators, plus three companies that are getting by off of G1 Devastator upgrade kits, no one can possibly convince me that Takara couldn't turn a profit on MP combiners teams sold individually that are similarly sized to MP Sideswipe, with one at a similar size to Soundwave, offering pricing comparable with these other MP's. DON'T rely on Hasbro, all they seem to be able to do is put out stuff like FOC Bruticus, that figure should be looked on as a joke, what I really don't understand about it, is why put any Voyagers in the FOC line if the one figure that desperately needed that size boost straight off before the design phase even began was going to be crapped on?

MP is the way to go for good combiners, MP Sideswipe may not make it to the US, Hasbro really had nothing to do with it's creation. If you want combiners in Generations, then get used to the Bruticus look, Hasbro had a chance to do it right and seriously screwed the pooch on it. If Takara wants to make MP combiners without Hasbro's backing they will, why? Because as witnessed by previous MP's they don't need Hasbro's support because the simple fact is if TF fans want it bad enough, they'll import them, MP-10 was an extremely successful example, it still has rather successful sales stat's even despite it's high price, and the news of a less expensive U.S. release. Hasbro simply licenses MP molds that Takara produces, the only input Hasbro ever has into them occurs after that licensing has been purchased and typically only involves what features are to be stripped away, and what needs to be modified to conform to US safety regulations. If Takara is producing MP combiners they won't need to license the molds to Hasbro to make a profit on them, that's what the fanbase is for, and third parties are merely providing more and more examples with each release that it's not just possible to produce combiners, it's financially viable as well. Seriously not one, but two extremely successful Devastators, plus three companies that are getting by off of G1 Devastator upgrade kits, no one can possibly convince me that Takara couldn't turn a profit on MP combiners teams sold individually that are similarly sized to MP Sideswipe, with one at a similar size to Soundwave, offering pricing comparable with these other MP's. DON'T rely on Hasbro, all they seem to be able to do is put out stuff like FOC Bruticus, that figure should be looked on as a joke, what I really don't understand about it, is why put any Voyagers in the FOC line if the one figure that desperately needed that size boost straight off before the design phase even began was going to be crapped on?

IMHO below:

1- Ofcause MP-12 will get released by Hasbro. MP-12 Sideswipe was tailored by takara for Hasbro's needs.

2- The only new mold MP TF toy hasbro didn't sell to it's distributors was megatron.

3- Hasbro gets more profits/volume units out of the TF molds. because hasbro sells to more countries/distributors than takara.

4- Takara clearly isn't willing to pay 100% the cost of the MP TF toys. Takara needs hasbro to help pay for the creation of newer MP TF toys. Takara needs hasbro milking the master molds for all their worth to make the creation cost of these MP TF toys profitable.

5- MP TF combiners sold seperately would take too long to create & still be very espensive for buyers world wide. I doubt buyers are willing to wait 3+ months for each new mold MP combiner team member. kids aren't going to hold on to their toys & wait almost 2+ years to complete their MP TF combiner gestalt.

6- creating TF combiners for generations/movie verse seems like hasbro's/takara's best bet. as they'll be easier to create & cheaply priced so all can afford them. hasbro/takara make the bulk share 95% of it's profits off of kids/parents.

7- Fans only make up 5% sales of the TF brand world wide. Takara nor Hasbro is not going to create super exspensive/huge MP TF combiners. that barely 1% out of the 5% of fans world wide can afford to buy.

8- While I support 3rd party companies & buy some of their products. If hasbro is willing to create stuff fans want like FOC Bruticus,then i'm going to buy it.

In my response below.

1) Sideswipe was tailored for Takara's needs as he is getting released in Japan first. In his delay to be released in the US, Takara will tailor it for Hasbro.

2) because it looks very much like a real gun! You want to buy an Orange or Green MP Megatron?!

3, 4, 5, 7) I'm sure Takara would develope all 6 of these figures at the same time to keep development costs down. With the reduction in MP size and the quantity that would be produced, I really don't think this would be priced as high as you're making it out to be. I don't see why this can't be priced between Sideswipe and Soundwave. Also, these are geared for adult collectors more so than kids. That's why MP's are being released through TRU than at Walmart anymore. A few kids might get them but at the higher price tag than most Prime figures, I doubt a lot of 8 year olds will own this. If Takara develops them all together, they should be able to release them in a quicker window than "2+" years. 3 months x 6 figures = 1 year and a half. Not 2+ years...

6, 8) these lines are geared for kids so parents buy them for kids. There is a lot of fan service in the Generations line but ultimately, it's produced for kids. I plan on buy FOC Bruticus and I hope more Generations based combiners are released. But bottom line is, if there's an MP Combiner, I'll never stop to own him no matter the cost.

In my response below.

1) Sideswipe was tailored for Takara's needs as he is getting released in Japan first. In his delay to be released in the US, Takara will tailor it for Hasbro.

2) because it looks very much like a real gun! You want to buy an Orange or Green MP Megatron?!

3, 4, 5, 7) I'm sure Takara would develope all 6 of these figures at the same time to keep development costs down. With the reduction in MP size and the quantity that would be produced, I really don't think this would be priced as high as you're making it out to be. I don't see why this can't be priced between Sideswipe and Soundwave. Also, these are geared for adult collectors more so than kids. That's why MP's are being released through TRU than at Walmart anymore. A few kids might get them but at the higher price tag than most Prime figures, I doubt a lot of 8 year olds will own this. If Takara develops them all together, they should be able to release them in a quicker window than "2+" years. 3 months x 6 figures = 1 year and a half. Not 2+ years...

6, 8) these lines are geared for kids so parents buy them for kids. There is a lot of fan service in the Generations line but ultimately, it's produced for kids. I plan on buy FOC Bruticus and I hope more Generations based combiners are released. But bottom line is, if there's an MP Combiner, I'll never stop to own him no matter the cost.

This!

In my response below.

IMHO Below:

1- no,the whole point behind takara reducing their MP TF toys. was to please hasbro & it's distributors. it goes without saying takara will sell MP TF's first as they always do. other than a cheaper paint job,takara won't tailor anything else on the hasbro version.

2- Takara had reduced their MP TF size. to around 9 inches for robot modes. Takara isnt going to go back upwards & create supreme sized MP TF combiners that 99% of buyers can't/refuse to buy. hasbro won't be able to sell these in america due to the high price tag & huge shelf space a supreme sized combiner requires.

3- without Hasbro,takara's TF toy lines fail in sales. recent example alternity. takara can't afford to lose money. takara needs hasbro to milk the molds for as much profits as possible. to justify the creation cost.

4- Obviously this was the reason. due to realistic gun laws. point is hasbro sold all the MP TF new molds toys to it's distributors minus megatron.

5- Facts are the facts,according to hasbro/takara,the fan base barely makes up 5% of sales on TF toys worldwide. if these MP TF combiners are around $300 to $500 to buy all of them. then only 1% out of the 5% will be able to afford them. this isn't worth takara nor hasbro's time as their isn't much profit to make off the creating process,materials & talent.

6- It takes Takara at least 7 months to release a new mold MP TF toy. I highly doubt takara is going to create all 6 MP TF combiners team members super quick & all at the same time. lets not forget these will be tripple changers & require a gestalt mode to get created. if takara releases these all at once,it'll take 2+years to release them after MP Soundwave. any MP TF Combiner gift set that is supreme sized will easily cost up to $400 to $500+. selling these individually depending on the size. if each combiner member is deluxe then takara will charge $70 like MP lambor. if their each voyager,then the price will be around $150 for each figure.

7- Kids/parents buy these MP TF toys. so hasbro needs to consider them first when making everything TF. As kids/parents 95% of their sales.

8- barely the 1% out of 5% of the fans will be willing to do what it takes to spend $400 to $500+ on a MP TF combiner.

the rest of the 99% won't buy these MP TF combiners. to go thru all this trouble creating stuff for the 1% isn't profitable. takara/hasbro would lose money in developement/toy creating. due to not that many volume units being created to justify development cost.

In my response below.

IMHO Below:

1- no,the whole point behind takara reducing their MP TF toys. was to please hasbro & it's distributors. it goes without saying takara will sell MP TF's first as they always do. other than a cheaper paint job,takara won't tailor anything else on the hasbro version.

2- Takara had reduced their MP TF size. to around 9 inches for robot modes. Takara isnt going to go back upwards & create supreme sized MP TF combiners that 99% of buyers can't/refuse to buy. hasbro won't be able to sell these in america due to the high price tag & huge shelf space a supreme sized combiner requires.

3- without Hasbro,takara's TF toy lines fail in sales. recent example alternity. takara can't afford to lose money. takara needs hasbro to milk the molds for as much profits as possible. to justify the creation cost.

4- Obviously this was the reason. due to realistic gun laws. point is hasbro sold all the MP TF new molds toys to it's distributors minus megatron.

5- Facts are the facts,according to hasbro/takara,the fan base barely makes up 5% of sales on TF toys worldwide. if these MP TF combiners are around $300 to $500 to buy all of them. then only 1% out of the 5% will be able to afford them. this isn't worth takara nor hasbro's time as their isn't much profit to make off the creating process,materials & talent.

6- It takes Takara at least 7 months to release a new mold MP TF toy. I highly doubt takara is going to create all 6 MP TF combiners team members super quick & all at the same time. lets not forget these will be tripple changers & require a gestalt mode to get created. if takara releases these all at once,it'll take 2+years to release them after MP Soundwave. any MP TF Combiner gift set that is supreme sized will easily cost up to $400 to $500+. selling these individually depending on the size. if each combiner member is deluxe then takara will charge $70 like MP lambor. if their each voyager,then the price will be around $150 for each figure.

7- Kids/parents buy these MP TF toys. so hasbro needs to consider them first when making everything TF. As kids/parents 95% of their sales.

8- barely the 1% out of 5% of the fans will be willing to do what it takes to spend $400 to $500+ on a MP TF combiner.

the rest of the 99% won't buy these MP TF combiners. to go thru all this trouble creating stuff for the 1% isn't profitable. takara/hasbro would lose money in developement/toy creating. due to not that many volume units being created to justify development cost.

Much to the contrary, if Hasbro had anything to do with producing MP's you can be sure we would've seen MP-10 and MP-11 stateside already. Fact is MP's are Takara's baby, they foot the bill for production EVERY time, so can I expect Takara to pay for the production costs 100%? Yes, because they ALREADY do. Also the percentages used for the collecting community have already been proven wrong, so no point even acknowledging that. Also contrary to you're statement a hell of a lot more than 1% would go for MP combiners. Do you honestly believe 3rd parties could come close to covering their production costs with their limited runs and higher overhead if only 1% of the community were buying their product? Nope not buying that excuse, not when a surprisingly large portion of us footed $600 for Hercules, and more of us are still gonna get the Green Giant set for $360. You're grossly under-estimating the collector community, and giving Hasbro credit where none is due. If you want combiner's in the Generations line fine, but I'll be sitting pretty with my G1 accurate MP combiners while still waiting on Hasbro to release a follow-up to FOC Bruticus.

In my response below.

IMHO Below:

Much to the contrary, if Hasbro had anything to do with producing MP's you can be sure we would've seen MP-10 and MP-11 stateside already. Fact is MP's are Takara's baby, they foot the bill for production EVERY time, so can I expect Takara to pay for the production costs 100%? Yes, because they ALREADY do. Also the percentages used for the collecting community have already been proven wrong, so no point even acknowledging that. Also contrary to you're statement a hell of a lot more than 1% would go for MP combiners. Do you honestly believe 3rd parties could come close to covering their production costs with their limited runs and higher overhead if only 1% of the community were buying their product? Nope not buying that excuse, not when a surprisingly large portion of us footed $600 for Hercules, and more of us are still gonna get the Green Giant set for $360. You're grossly under-estimating the collector community, and giving Hasbro credit where none is due. If you want combiner's in the Generations line fine, but I'll be sitting pretty with my G1 accurate MP combiners while still waiting on Hasbro to release a follow-up to FOC Bruticus.

IMHO Below:

3rd party TF Toys barely have volume units runs of under 2,500 to 5,000. now compare this to takara's & Hasbro's TF toy runs combined world wide to all it distributors per figure which is well above 100,000. the fans percentage that buy 3rd party TF toys is not even 5% of hasbro 95%.

Archived