Transformers Masterpiece MP-12 Lambor, MP-13 Soundwave, and MP-14 Red Alert Showcased in Hobby Japan

Peter_Van

Personally, I think it's too soon for MP Devs. HasTak might really piss off fans by putting out a cheaper (and potentially better) version of Devastator right after so many folks shelled out $600+ for Hercules.

Bear in mind that this opinion is also heavily influenced by my desire to see MP Stunticons, but I really do feel it's a bit early for MP Devs.

Seeing as Hercules is an unofficial product, why should Hasbro take that and the fans who bought it into consideration when thinking of MP combiners. As far as Hasbro is concerned, Hercules doesn't exist.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, I think it's too soon for MP Devs. HasTak might really piss off fans by putting out a cheaper (and potentially better) version of Devastator right after so many folks shelled out $600+ for Hercules.

Bear in mind that this opinion is also heavily influenced by my desire to see MP Stunticons, but I really do feel it's a bit early for MP Devs.

Seeing as Hercules is an unofficial product, why should Hasbro take that and the fans who bought it into consideration when thinking of MP combiners. As far as Hasbro is concerned, Hercules doesn't exist.

I wouldn't buy an MP Devastator, not because I will already have Hercules, but because I am all Devastatored out, like how I am all Bumblebee'd out

I'd welcome it because $600 is outrageous for a toy

Well if all the MP Constructicons are the same size as MP Sideswipe, which is pre-ordering for around $90, it's pretty safe to assume that each figure would be about the same price so 90x6=540, yeah that won't be outrageous at all. :-P

Hasbro does not (and, I imagine, will not) have to officially ackowledge the existence of Hercules, but they are obviously aware of 3rd party projects. It would be foolish even by their standards not to take this into account on a development level.

As Onslaught has indicated, the market has too much Devastator already, regardless of who made them.

I'd welcome it because $600 is outrageous for a toy

Well if all the MP Constructicons are the same size as MP Sideswipe, which is pre-ordering for around $90, it's pretty safe to assume that each figure would be about the same price so 90x6=540, yeah that won't be outrageous at all. :-P

They'd be bigger than the Hercules components....

And when Hasbro imports them at tru, the price will drop. Maybe even to $50 if they're as small as Sideswipe here. Not to mention every single other MP TF cost over $100 to preorder and import. So sideswipe is gonna end up MUCH cheaper after Hasbro offers him.

Hasbro does not (and, I imagine, will not) have to officially ackowledge the existence of Hercules, but they are obviously aware of 3rd party projects. It would be foolish even by their standards not to take this into account on a development level.

As Onslaught has indicated, the market has too much Devastator already, regardless of who made them.

The market has an over abundance of Bumblebee's but that doesn't stop Hasbro from releasing more... They haven't released any sort of Devastator in over 2 years, so they could be due for one. They have a Kreo-O set coming but i'm sure most people would rather have an MP version than that. I got Hercules and i love him but i would easily and gladly get an official version.

Because your going to have Hasbro basing it all of of what the last combiner did, in the past. So Hasbro will not bring over Devastator, if Takara decided to create MP Devastator. That is one thing all of you honestly have forgotten. Hasbro's only decision in the process is whether or not to bring it over to the US. And I do not see Takara making any combiners

I believe the previous Devy, as horrible a toy as he is, actually sold somewhat well.

And I don't want to think MP Devy is a pipe dream at all if it's true that someone stated they want to make one someday

I believe the previous Devy, as horrible a toy as he is, actually sold somewhat well.

And I don't want to think MP Devy is a pipe dream at all if it's true that someone stated they want to make one someday

Honestly Atmo, I have never heard anything come out of Takara about wanting to make an MP Devastator or any MP Combiner. If they did decide to, then he at least 8 years away

Archived