Transformers Masterpiece MP-12 Lambor, MP-13 Soundwave, and MP-14 Red Alert Showcased in Hobby Japan

Peter_Van

transformers-masterpiece-mp-12-lambor-sideswipe-amazon-japan-drillers__scaled_100.jpg
Following on the heels of Tokyo Toy Show 2012, the August issue of Hobby Japan is showing off Takara Tomy's upcoming Transformers Masterpiece MP-12 Lambor (Sideswipe), MP-13 Soundwave, and MP-14 Red Alert. The magazine also showcases the Amazon Japan exclusives of MP-12's pile drivers and MP-13's Energon Cubes. Lambor is due in October while Soundwave and Red Alert are set for a December release. Read the Full News Story Here

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sideswipe looks great! No word on a U.S. release date yet huh?

Sideswipe looks great! No word on a U.S. release date yet huh?

my guess is late july/early august 2013. based off hasbro releasing Previous MP TF TRU exclusive toys around this time.

Walmart released Hasbro MP Starscream & MP Skywarp in stores a few weeks before Black Friday.

I might just preorder Sounders and call it a day. I'm laying low and looking for a Megatron around $150ish too. but that's another day

Sideswipe I'm gonna hold out on and hope for a US release. Hasbro has no reason not to import a simple car transformer, especially a cool looking one like Sideswipe here

With Soundwave finally made, I wonder....Would a masterpiece Devastator be too much to hope for?

I might just preorder Sounders and call it a day. I'm laying low and looking for a Megatron around $150ish too. but that's another day

Sideswipe I'm gonna hold out on and hope for a US release. Hasbro has no reason not to import a simple car transformer, especially a cool looking one like Sideswipe here

With Soundwave finally made, I wonder....Would a masterpiece Devastator be too much to hope for?

Masterpiece Deastator may in fact not be a pipe dream. At this years Tokyo Toy Show a Takara rep stated that "They were looking in to adding combiners into the Masterpiece Line" stating the reason as "it would be a fun idea to see realized"

Take from that what you will, but no matter which combiner is picked first, you can bet that I won't be complaining, lol

Same here. I just want a combiner in general! Devy would be the best choice since he was the first and most popular

Same here. I just want a combiner in general! Devy would be the best choice since he was the first and most popular

I too feel Devy should be first, but it just depends on the logic Takara uses when deciding. Either they now consider 3rd parties serious competition and see the market as over-saturated with Devastator's (Hercules, Giant, and the various upgrade kits for G1 devy's various releases) and decide to let the market cool down a bit showing fans what the parent of the franchise can do with combiners using modern technology getting fans foaming at the mouth for a badass Masterpiece of the Construction vehicle combiner before finally releasing a truly titanic and glorious work of art, or they back Hasbro's position about 3rd parties and release Devy first without working fans into a craze, yet still a fantastic work of art.

Personally, I think it's too soon for MP Devs. HasTak might really piss off fans by putting out a cheaper (and potentially better) version of Devastator right after so many folks shelled out $600+ for Hercules.

Bear in mind that this opinion is also heavily influenced by my desire to see MP Stunticons, but I really do feel it's a bit early for MP Devs.

Archived