Why would anyone hide a Grand Max

Cybcouncil

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, that sure did happen.

Btw, that guys house is dirty.

Not saying it was healthy, just saying in a non-offensive way "don't be a wuss." Plenty things worse for you then everyday dust.

I'm no wuss,please try to debate in ways that don't insult others. I refuse to debate further as you've ruined the mood via a insult.

Dear god, I wasnt saying it to you directly. I wasn't trying to insult you. I was trying to say in a non-offensive way to people in general (without medical conditions) who complain about common dust to man up. But your last comment just shows me that you really are a wuss. So man up.

And your statement is ironic because you claim to not be a wuss, but you came off as a really defensive wuss.

Calling people insult names & flame baiting here is a direct violation of the rules here.

rather than reply to you. I reported this entire reply to the staff of moderators/admins.

But you DID just reply to me.

Ugh, I gots no choice but to hit the warn button on Shadowpanther and Breaker. You guys are both flame baiting and know better. :roll

I knew the consequences and went for it anyway. Sometimes you got to bite the bullet to ensure it shoots straight. But no hard feelings, eh?

Wow, like being in elementary school all over...

I was thinking Junior High LOL

Your showing your age when it's anything but a middle school. XD I still call it Junior High tho too.

On topic: Since dust is dust mite fecal matter, how then does one eliminate dust? For instance: my entertainment center is black glass so you can actually see the how much dust accrues in a day. I would love to have to clean that thing less. I mostly blame the dogs though, those hairy monsters.

Your showing your age when it's anything but a middle school. XD I still call it Junior High tho too.

On topic: Since dust is dust mite fecal matter, how then does one eliminate dust? For instance: my entertainment center is black glass so you can actually see the how much dust accrues in a day. I would love to have to clean that thing less. I mostly blame the dogs though, those hairy monsters.

Either get rid of your dogs or, put them outside, that will help with the hair and keeing the mite population down. However dust is not all fecal matter.

You can never completely eliminate dust -- where humans live, so will dust mites. But regular cleaning etc. reduces/minimises dust.

Things I do to help reduce/miminise dust:

+ Clean regularly. Floors are swept & mopped once a day or second day, carpets are vacuumed at least once a week.

+ If possible, get rid of carpet. We removed all the carpet downstairs and replaced it with wooden floorboards. Unfortunately for my Transformers they're located upstairs which is still carpeted - but that carpet gets vacuumed regularly.

+ Open windows to aerate home and reduce dust build up. It's harder to do so atm during winter... but during summer time I definitely leave more windows open when at home.

+ My Transformers collection is in a collection room which serves NO other purpose other than to house my TF collection. As a result, this minimises human traffic and the toys don't get as dusty compared to when I used to have them in a shared-purpose room like a study/computer room, living room or bedroom etc.

+ Playing with your toys regularly also helps to minimise dust build up. And it's fun too. :D

Some people also use electronic dust-zappers to help remove air-borne dust particles. I haven't done this yet... kinda thinking about it though. A friend of mine has one, and when I'm in his collection room I can hear it intermittently zapping softly as it removes dust (it's not a loud/sharp zap like a bug-zapper, more like a quiet crackle). But his toys are all still heaps dusty... but maybe because his toys were in his bedroom (he's since moved and now his toys are in his lounge room - and he has a pet). I have no pets (other than my daughter :P).

Either get rid of your dogs or, put them outside, that will help with the hair and keeing the mite population down. However dust is not all fecal matter.

You don't know my neighborhood man. I don't like people messing with my dogs, I really, really don't. Plus it's too hot in summer to keep them out all the time anyway. I'd rather burn all my TFs in a pit then get rid of my pups.

You can never completely eliminate dust -- where humans live, so will dust mites. But regular cleaning etc. reduces/minimises dust.

Things I do to help reduce/miminise dust:

+ Clean regularly. Floors are swept & mopped once a day or second day, carpets are vacuumed at least once a week.

+ If possible, get rid of carpet. We removed all the carpet downstairs and replaced it with wooden floorboards. Unfortunately for my Transformers they're located upstairs which is still carpeted - but that carpet gets vacuumed regularly.

+ Open windows to aerate home and reduce dust build up. It's harder to do so atm during winter... but during summer time I definitely leave more windows open when at home.

+ My Transformers collection is in a collection room which serves NO other purpose other than to house my TF collection. As a result, this minimises human traffic and the toys don't get as dusty compared to when I used to have them in a shared-purpose room like a study/computer room, living room or bedroom etc.

+ Playing with your toys regularly also helps to minimise dust build up. And it's fun too. :D

Some people also use electronic dust-zappers to help remove air-borne dust particles. I haven't done this yet... kinda thinking about it though. A friend of mine has one, and when I'm in his collection room I can hear it intermittently zapping softly as it removes dust (it's not a loud/sharp zap like a bug-zapper, more like a quiet crackle). But his toys are all still heaps dusty... but maybe because his toys were in his bedroom (he's since moved and now his toys are in his lounge room - and he has a pet). I have no pets (other than my daughter :P).

Regular cleanings do happen. Sweep the floor once ever other day. No carpet to vacuum or get rid of. Just a rug. Opening windows is a huge problem because it's sooo hot. All the time. The humidity never stops. It's 85 degrees right now but it feels like 97 because of it. You walk outside and choke. Also, I don't want to get robbed and my windows won't open. Last time I tried because of a gas leak it shattered instead. Awesome.

I don't have the benefit of having a room all for my TFs. I've always wanted one but they have to share space with my Wife's study. Or be forever entombed in cardboard prisons.

You don't know my neighborhood man. I don't like people messing with my dogs, I really, really don't. Plus it's too hot in summer to keep them out all the time anyway. I'd rather burn all my TFs in a pit then get rid of my pups.

I may not know your area but I do know New Orleans, and that place is not safe at all, but be glad you do not live in South Korea, otherwise your pups will end up being dinner.

Regular cleanings do happen. Sweep the floor once ever other day. No carpet to vacuum or get rid of. Just a rug. Opening windows is a huge problem because it's sooo hot. All the time. The humidity never stops. It's 85 degrees right now but it feels like 97 because of it. You walk outside and choke. Also, I don't want to get robbed and my windows won't open. Last time I tried because of a gas leak it shattered instead. Awesome.

I don't have the benefit of having a room all for my TFs. I've always wanted one but they have to share space with my Wife's study. Or be forever entombed in cardboard prisons.

That is one reason why I get places with an extra room. Though in the house I am planning on buying I do plan on pulling the carpet out and just having hardwood floor in my new office. Plus living in the desert will help keep dust out of the house. As weird as that is. humidity creates more dust, in the desert less dust. Now that is interesting

Archived