Why would anyone hide a Grand Max

Cybcouncil

Wonder if there's a dead cat under piles of dirty OP's in that house. Reminds me of that filthy Jetfire I saw in a dump bin at BotCon once. Thing was so brown it could have been a Chewbacca.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder if there's a dead cat under piles of dirty OP's in that house. Reminds me of that filthy Jetfire I saw in a dump bin at BotCon once. Thing was so brown it could have been a Chewbacca.

:tflaugh :tflaugh

I think the dust bunnies have taken Grand Max, and made it their home under the bed.

I remember it wasn't that long ago, when someone here (BaCon) thought I was full of it when I said I had a GRB, which just so happened I had it out of storage in my old room and took picts of it promptly.

I find it unlikely that someone bought a Grandmax in a garage sale, more like it was a Brave Max and he got the names mixed up. It's not impossibe.

Some people just like to make stuff up, I remember a chat I had back when the internet was young, some dope tried to tell me his Dad worked for Takara and he had a Unicron...

And who cares. The old saying goes, He who dies with the most toys, still dies - no fear.

This guy is on his way for some serious respiratory issues with all that dust.

I'm really close to getting my dream house with my Wife, and in it will be the collection display I have always wanted... air cleaner built into the plan to cut down the dust.

Glass doors on the display cases to seal it off, air cleaner on the bottom shelf, and turn it on from time to time, letting it run.

I do not, nore have I ever claimed to have a Grand Max. I've had 4 FT Maxes, have 1 now (missing a dang leg cannon and some other bits I don't care about) and a Brave Max. Plus a bunch of KO bits, like Cerebrose and Cog (chromed with red and blue bits that goes with Brave Max rather nicely).

Ok, skimmed through the video. No Grand Max here. If a home makeover show would come to this guy's house, they'd have to rent a truck to come take each toy out, wash it and store it until proper display cases could be made. Old Grocery Store displays are a good idea for boxes, but not for displaying collectables. Too much clutter and too much dust-cleaning. I know I had some shelves like that and tossed them.

Please remember, plastic is very flamable. Walls covered in plastic treasures could be someone's doom.

And pet snakes, need water and make waste, that gets into the air, on your bots and starts eating away at the stickers and paint. Have a snake room, and leave the bots to their own.

update #3. Just look at that second picture, 3 or 4 different types of shelving. It just looks like CRAP! If you are that nuts about TF's, get some IKEA shelving units or something, those closet organizers, and do up the whole room with them, properly. It just looks aweful, and i know, I have a storage locker full of bots my self. My wife would shoot me.

Look at the wasted space in that second picture, there is about 4 feet from the one side to the ceiling. DO narrower shelves and taller. MAXIMIZE your space man! And the ceiling, hang some posters on the ceiling! Why not? Or have a big Bot or Con symbol painted on it.

Everything looks cooler, properly displayed, not cluttered, and behind glass. Go to the dollar store and get some of those cloest lights that stick on to anything. Open the glass door and they come on automatically, or go to Ikea and spend $50 on that wireless light kit idea... $5 for 5 lights or $50 for 4?

Shadow boxes for smaller collections, like the minibots in one nice frame, hanging on the wall would ROCK! not just a pile of plastic that fight to be seen?

ug.

I think the dust bunnies have taken Grand Max, and made it their home under the bed.

I remember it wasn't that long ago, when someone here (BaCon) thought I was full of it when I said I had a GRB, which just so happened I had it out of storage in my old room and took picts of it promptly.

I find it unlikely that someone bought a Grandmax in a garage sale, more like it was a Brave Max and he got the names mixed up. It's not impossibe.

Some people just like to make stuff up, I remember a chat I had back when the internet was young, some dope tried to tell me his Dad worked for Takara and he had a Unicron...

And who cares. The old saying goes, He who dies with the most toys, still dies - no fear.

This guy is on his way for some serious respiratory issues with all that dust.

I'm really close to getting my dream house with my Wife, and in it will be the collection display I have always wanted... air cleaner built into the plan to cut down the dust.

Glass doors on the display cases to seal it off, air cleaner on the bottom shelf, and turn it on from time to time, letting it run.

I do not, nore have I ever claimed to have a Grand Max. I've had 4 FT Maxes, have 1 now (missing a dang leg cannon and some other bits I don't care about) and a Brave Max. Plus a bunch of KO bits, like Cerebrose and Cog (chromed with red and blue bits that goes with Brave Max rather nicely).

Ok, skimmed through the video. No Grand Max here. If a home makeover show would come to this guy's house, they'd have to rent a truck to come take each toy out, wash it and store it until proper display cases could be made. Old Grocery Store displays are a good idea for boxes, but not for displaying collectables. Too much clutter and too much dust-cleaning. I know I had some shelves like that and tossed them.

Please remember, plastic is very flamable. Walls covered in plastic treasures could be someone's doom.

And pet snakes, need water and make waste, that gets into the air, on your bots and starts eating away at the stickers and paint. Have a snake room, and leave the bots to their own.

update #3. Just look at that second picture, 3 or 4 different types of shelving. It just looks like CRAP! If you are that nuts about TF's, get some IKEA shelving units or something, those closet organizers, and do up the whole room with them, properly. It just looks aweful, and i know, I have a storage locker full of bots my self. My wife would shoot me.

Look at the wasted space in that second picture, there is about 4 feet from the one side to the ceiling. DO narrower shelves and taller. MAXIMIZE your space man! And the ceiling, hang some posters on the ceiling! Why not? Or have a big Bot or Con symbol painted on it.

Everything looks cooler, properly displayed, not cluttered, and behind glass. Go to the dollar store and get some of those cloest lights that stick on to anything. Open the glass door and they come on automatically, or go to Ikea and spend $50 on that wireless light kit idea... $5 for 5 lights or $50 for 4?

Shadow boxes for smaller collections, like the minibots in one nice frame, hanging on the wall would ROCK! not just a pile of plastic that fight to be seen?

ug.

haha. i think this guy has a bigger life problem than how he displays his collection... I agree about having a uniform look though. I have 6 Detolfs all of my vintage/import items go in. Then i recently took out half of my old book case style shelves, and replaced them with newer Ikea glass shelves. can;t remember the name of them now. I have 1 wall with the old bookcases that will eventually be converted to the glass shelves. soon than later actually seeing how many toys i'll be buying between now and Botcon next year.

I would just throw a thin Transformers sheet or other light cover over the stuff to keep the dust off. Nice collection, but the guy seems like a slob.

I would just throw a thin Transformers sheet or other light cover over the stuff to keep the dust off. Nice collection, but the guy seems like a slob.

Archived