Why would anyone hide a Grand Max

Cybcouncil

Sorry, I don't care if I get a warning, but the guy who owns those figures is a slob. Seriously, I hope there's a reason why he can't keep those figures clean. I mean, who has a house that dusty? His home reminds me of one of those homes on that show Hoarders. Gross.

Sorry, I don't care if I get a warning, but the guy who owns those figures is a slob. Seriously, I hope there's a reason why he can't keep those figures clean. I mean, who has a house that dusty? His home reminds me of one of those homes on that show Hoarders. Gross.

That's a fact and you better not get a warning for that.

I don't clean my room as often as Lord Onslaught does but man, at least I vacuum it and use a Swiffer duster to keep the shelves clean. I'd be embarrassed to even show those pictures to people. He doesn't take much pride in that collection to let them get that disgusting.

But seriously. A vacuum must have died and exploded in that room.

why-so-serious.jpg

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything thats on display in my house (besides a few large stragglers) is in a curio so I don't clean at all. Most outside the curio is MISB stuff. But I would if my collection looked like that. No wonder he didn't want to take pictures, thats just terrible!

Also, I realize you must want a Grand Max pretty bad. I think you want one so much that you want to believe this guy has one legit. I think you want it so bad it's clouding your judgement. I wouldn't give this guy a dime unless I was IN PERSON dealing with him and the item in hand. Otherwise, if it's too good to be true, it's probably too dusty.

Given the ages-old layer of dust on all these figures, I could understand why this guy would hide Grand Max. :tflaugh

:) joke---> Maybe grand max is not hidden. maybe grand max is out in the open & in those pics but can't be seen because it's buried under all that dust & cob webs. :yay

maybe LOL

I think the dust IS Grand Max. Like he disintegrated or something.

:pics

Pics of his stuff? I guess here are a few:

11803_451820038178880_709759816_n.jpg

534214_451815111512706_318032624_n.jpg

150188_451819678178916_700221657_n1.jpg

578267_451818848178999_604121371_n.jpg

:wtf I've never seen such filthy Transformers.

And yet, BBTS would still buy them and then sell them with the description:

Dirty: This item will require additional cleaning due to either dirt or dust buildup. Please see the picture above for more details.

I'm pretty sure I've seen these pics before, but let's get down to the topic at hand.

I remember when I was a kid, other kids (and maybe even me, who knows) would swear they had something even if they didn't. If an adult is doing the same thing, then they are just acting like a child and isn't worth my attention.

So my answer to the question is:

Everything thats on display in my house (besides a few large stragglers) is in a curio so I don't clean at all. Most outside the curio is MISB stuff. But I would if my collection looked like that. No wonder he didn't want to take pictures, thats just terrible!

Also, I realize you must want a Grand Max pretty bad. I think you want one so much that you want to believe this guy has one legit. I think you want it so bad it's clouding your judgement. I wouldn't give this guy a dime unless I was IN PERSON dealing with him and the item in hand. Otherwise, if it's too good to be true, it's probably too dusty.

Given the ages-old layer of dust on all these figures, I could understand why this guy would hide Grand Max. :tflaugh

:) joke---> Maybe grand max is not hidden. maybe grand max is out in the open & in those pics but can't be seen because it's buried under all that dust & cob webs. :yay

maybe LOL

I think the dust IS Grand Max. Like he disintegrated or something.

Who said anyone was selling or buying one?

That's a fact and you better not get a warning for that.

I don't clean my room as often as Lord Onslaught does but man, at least I vacuum it and use a Swiffer duster to keep the shelves clean. I'd be embarrassed to even show those pictures to people. He doesn't take much pride in that collection to let them get that disgusting.

But seriously. A vacuum must have died and exploded in that room.

why-so-serious.jpg

That's a serious collection right there. Is not like a casual fan who has 50 figs. I mean, if he's happy the way it is, then who am I to judge. I'd never let my collection get to that point and I'm sure my current/future significant other would kill me if it did.

This guys TF collection with multiples of the same toys. remind me of that pawn stars episode. where the pawn stars guys went to this guys house. he had multiples of the same toy & he wanted $20,000 for his collection. I wonder if this is the same guy

This guys TF collection with multiples of the same toys. remind me of that pawn stars episode. where the pawn stars guys went to this guys house. he had multiples of the same toy & he wanted $20,000 for his collection. I wonder if this is the same guy

It's not. That guy had a clean house and his figures were clean as well. He was selling those figures for a baby that was on the way....

It's not. That guy had a clean house and his figures were clean as well. He was selling those figures for a baby that was on the way....

funny-gifs-nope.gif

Yeah and they were all in an upstairs room. It looked like he took special care to keep multiples together too. Plus the collection wasn't mostly Primes but just about multiples everything G1.

Yeah and they were all in an upstairs room. It looked like he took special care to keep multiples together too. Plus the collection wasn't mostly Primes but just about multiples everything G1.

All I know is my wife would kill me if my Transformers looked like that, and he definitely did not show much either, definitely not the 10,000 he supposedly had

Archived