TFC Toys Unveils 3rd Party Aerialbots Project Uranus Phantom and Eagle Robot Images

Peter_Van

I think the scale/trailer issue was handled pretty well with DOTM Megatron. Maybe the could do something similiar with Motormaster. The look could remain basically faithful to G1. It's just the transformation that would change.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly think that Takara would do a MP Triple changer before doing a combiner as that would technically require less development.....

I'd rather Takara/Hasbro Made MP TF tripple changers like blitzwing,Astrotrain,maybe a megatron/galvatron three/four changer.

Doing an MP combiner would be a bigger gamble, but the payoff would be greater too. I mean, a single MP is a one off, but who's only going to buy one of combiner set (I'm sure some hardcore fas of specific characters would just buy Dead End or Breakdown, but overall I think most folks would go for the whole team) so if you're in for one, you're in for five.

As for the anime sub-discussion, gun to my head I'd be hard pressed to say if I like Trigun or Gurren Lagann more, but I do know that's my top 2. That's why I usually just mention a top 5 or 10 with no actual ranks.

And props to Tranzor Z! It took me about 18 years and several anime discussions with a Korean gentleman who imports bamboo goods to my local mall to find out that Tranzor Z and Mazinger Z are the same thing. Now if only anybody remebered Spectre Man...

I don't want to see any MP TF Combiners. no thanks,they'd be too exspensive. I'd rather buy some cheap priced TF combiners from FOC,Generations,Movie-Verse or TF Prime.

As far as MP city-formers goes. no thanks,It'll be too exspensive. i'd rather get these from TF Prime,generations or FOC. I even think the cyber verse toy lines can make a decent Trypticon.

Yeah, no thanks to any of that, Masterpiece combiner's and city-formers please. I'd rather get the G1 toys than see the City-formers put in the cyberverse line, it just would not do them justice... at all

I think the scale/trailer issue was handled pretty well with DOTM Megatron. Maybe the could do something similiar with Motormaster. The look could remain basically faithful to G1. It's just the transformation that would change.

I'm unfamiliar with DOTM Megatron's transformation, I had no interest in getting the vast majority of movie toys with a few exceptions from that line, I did pick up Guzzle, Powerglide, Blackout, and Skyhammer from the DOTM line, and I did want Hatchet, but I never saw him on the shelf when I had money, I was gonna put him in my classics Decepticons as like an evil version of Skylynx

I'm unfamiliar with DOTM Megatron's transformation, I had no interest in getting the vast majority of movie toys with a few exceptions from that line, I did pick up Guzzle, Powerglide, Blackout, and Skyhammer from the DOTM line, and I did want Hatchet, but I never saw him on the shelf when I had money, I was gonna put him in my classics Decepticons as like an evil version of Skylynx

Do yourself a favor and look DOTM Megatron up. I'm sure they've got good pics of him in the archives on Transformerland or TFUniverse. He was on of the best figures in the line, incorporating cab and trailer as one figure. He also scaled pretty well to Deluxe class cars. Something similar could potentially work for an MP combiner.

That could work, so he would be a little smaller then Optimus in Alt mode but most of us do display in robot mode, so I really do not see a problem with this at all

Hatchet is cool, but he is no Sky Lynx, I actually have 3 Skyhammers myself 2 Loose, with one of them getting the Headrobots upgrade into Highbrow when that is released and 1 MISB that is going to stay that way. He is easily the best figure out of the whole line

That could work, so he would be a little smaller then Optimus in Alt mode but most of us do display in robot mode, so I really do not see a problem with this at all

Hatchet is cool, but he is no Sky Lynx, I actually have 3 Skyhammers myself 2 Loose, with one of them getting the Headrobots upgrade into Highbrow when that is released and 1 MISB that is going to stay that way. He is easily the best figure out of the whole line

I would have bought Skyhammer anyway, but the Highbrow upgrade definitely made picking him up an easy win for me, once I get that upgrade he'll look fantastic next to Headrobots alternate Universe Hardhead, and my custom Chromedome made from the shapeways Chromehead kit, and red alert. Now what to do about Brainstorm....

I would have bought Skyhammer anyway, but the Highbrow upgrade definitely made picking him up an easy win for me, once I get that upgrade he'll look fantastic next to Headrobots alternate Universe Hardhead, and my custom Chromedome made from the shapeways Chromehead kit, and red alert. Now what to do about Brainstorm....

Honestly I would look at using the Cybertron Soundwave, as that is the closest to Brainstorm. So more than likely he would have to be a completely new 3rd Party mold

Well, they could make the limb bots the same size as Sideswipe and Red Alert. then the body bot the same size as Optimus, sell them as individuals over a year period. that way they can easily be affordable to everyone

Yes! This!

The fact that Motomaster would probably cost 300 if OP is any indication would really make it hard to feasibly think that combiners could make it into the line with success.....I think if they did they would have to make them to be able to stand alone with alt mode and bot mode with almost the expectation only a handful would buy all of them. That's why I see a triple changer as a better avenue since it would only be one figure.....I think that would be smarter than combiners....at least at this point.....

The fact that Motomaster would probably cost 300 if OP is any indication would really make it hard to feasibly think that combiners could make it into the line with success.....I think if they did they would have to make them to be able to stand alone with alt mode and bot mode with almost the expectation only a handful would buy all of them. That's why I see a triple changer as a better avenue since it would only be one figure.....I think that would be smarter than combiners....at least at this point.....

Here's the main difference there: Motormaster is cab and trailer in alt. Mode, yet still the same size as OP in bot mode, at the most he'd be $150

Archived