TFC Toys Unveils 3rd Party Aerialbots Project Uranus Phantom and Eagle Robot Images

Peter_Van

Another note, at the Tokyo Toy Show this year a Takara rep did state that they "were looking into adding combiner's into the MP series" and that "it would be a fun thing to do" so don't completely rule Hasbro out just yet, if they do make it into the Masterpiece line, then it would not be prudent of Hasbro to dismiss a US release.

I'll wait to see what Takara comes up with first, then decide if I want the Takara version or chance wait for Hasbro version. Though I'm still waiting for COMPUTRON!!!

If I had the time resources I would create a 3rd party to make him.

Yeah, me too. I was too young to watch the G1 series when it aired on tv, but my dad did make a vhs tape for me and my sisters which had Transformers the movie, about half of season 1 and the two part Return of Optimus Prime, so Computron was actually the first Autobot combiner I was introduced to, so he holds a special place in my heart. I really wish TFC and Maketoys would stop faking us out with design sketches and blurry prototypes! Superion I am really fond of, but at the moment he's got an adequate space filler in the Energon Superion Maximus with upgrade kit, don't get me wrong, I love this, I am excited about it, and I did want a new Superion, it's just too soon for him IMO.

my dad did the same thing too. We were in the Philippines and he bought me bootleg copies of TF:TM, and both of the season 1 3-parters on their own tapes. I watched the shit out of them. I don't remember what episodes were on the tape he recorded for me but i remember watching Shirt Tales, Smurf's, Tranzor Z, and Superboy. Crazy stuff. I still have the 3 bootleg TF tapes.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another note, at the Tokyo Toy Show this year a Takara rep did state that they "were looking into adding combiner's into the MP series" and that "it would be a fun thing to do" so don't completely rule Hasbro out just yet, if they do make it into the Masterpiece line, then it would not be prudent of Hasbro to dismiss a US release.

I'll wait to see what Takara comes up with first, then decide if I want the Takara version or chance wait for Hasbro version. Though I'm still waiting for COMPUTRON!!!

If I had the time resources I would create a 3rd party to make him.

Yeah, me too. I was too young to watch the G1 series when it aired on tv, but my dad did make a vhs tape for me and my sisters which had Transformers the movie, about half of season 1 and the two part Return of Optimus Prime, so Computron was actually the first Autobot combiner I was introduced to, so he holds a special place in my heart. I really wish TFC and Maketoys would stop faking us out with design sketches and blurry prototypes! Superion I am really fond of, but at the moment he's got an adequate space filler in the Energon Superion Maximus with upgrade kit, don't get me wrong, I love this, I am excited about it, and I did want a new Superion, it's just too soon for him IMO.

my dad did the same thing too. We were in the Philippines and he bought me bootleg copies of TF:TM, and both of the season 1 3-parters on their own tapes. I watched the shit out of them. I don't remember what episodes were on the tape he recorded for me but i remember watching Shirt Tales, Smurf's, Tranzor Z, and Superboy. Crazy stuff. I still have the 3 bootleg TF tapes.

Haha I forgot about Tranzor Z, to this day I still want a full proper english sub or dub of Mazinger Z, Great Mazinger, and all the movies, lol

I want big combiners...

...At Hasbro prices

When you wake up from that dream, let me know.

That's exactly what's wrong with this hobby now. To want something legit is now unrealistic thinking and seen as a "dream" by the fandom. Don't you think that's a problem? I said HASBRO prices after all. Meaning Hasbro could charge what they thought was right, and would likely cost less than $200

That is the problem isn't it? Hasbro actually doing it, which they wont. Which is also sad

Agreed. Hasbro could be making some really cool toys, but they keep choosing not to. These 3rd party companies should be inspiring them

These 2 jets look like real works of art. Yet it seems Hasbro is too arrogant to bother looking them over and getting some inspiration from the designs

That is the problem isn't it? Hasbro actually doing it, which they wont. Which is also sad

Agreed. Hasbro could be making some really cool toys, but they keep choosing not to. These 3rd party companies should be inspiring them

These 2 jets look like real works of art. Yet it seems Hasbro is too arrogant to bother looking them over and getting some inspiration from the designs

Well the crew is almost the same as the ones who designed the Armada and Energon crap. Hasbro needs to fire Archer already, so we can finally get something good

Gonna scream like a fangirl at a Justin Bieber concert right now:

OMFG AERIALBOTS!!! Yes! YES!! YES!!!

This is what I'm talking about. The two bots shown thus far look great...the real litnus test will be Silverbolt. The OG Aerialbots looked awesome IMO if not undersized, but Silverbolt was the weak link in the Aerialbot toy puzzle. It'll be expensive (if the rest of the components stand up to the visual treat that is Air Raid and Fireflight), but outside of the MP figures, HasTak isn't compelling me to buy anything for the remainder of 2012, anyway.

These bots look fantastic in both modes. If I were a woman, I'd throw my panties up on the stage like I was at a Teddy Pendergrass concert. Good show all around, TFC Toys.

OMG

I honestly think that Takara would do a MP Triple changer before doing a combiner as that would technically require less development.....

Doing an MP combiner would be a bigger gamble, but the payoff would be greater too. I mean, a single MP is a one off, but who's only going to buy one of combiner set (I'm sure some hardcore fas of specific characters would just buy Dead End or Breakdown, but overall I think most folks would go for the whole team) so if you're in for one, you're in for five.

As for the anime sub-discussion, gun to my head I'd be hard pressed to say if I like Trigun or Gurren Lagann more, but I do know that's my top 2. That's why I usually just mention a top 5 or 10 with no actual ranks.

And props to Tranzor Z! It took me about 18 years and several anime discussions with a Korean gentleman who imports bamboo goods to my local mall to find out that Tranzor Z and Mazinger Z are the same thing. Now if only anybody remebered Spectre Man...

Well, they could make the limb bots the same size as Sideswipe and Red Alert. then the body bot the same size as Optimus, sell them as individuals over a year period. that way they can easily be affordable to everyone

I honestly think that Takara would do a MP Triple changer before doing a combiner as that would technically require less development.....

I'd rather Takara/Hasbro Made MP TF tripple changers like blitzwing,Astrotrain,maybe a megatron/galvatron three/four changer.

Doing an MP combiner would be a bigger gamble, but the payoff would be greater too. I mean, a single MP is a one off, but who's only going to buy one of combiner set (I'm sure some hardcore fas of specific characters would just buy Dead End or Breakdown, but overall I think most folks would go for the whole team) so if you're in for one, you're in for five.

As for the anime sub-discussion, gun to my head I'd be hard pressed to say if I like Trigun or Gurren Lagann more, but I do know that's my top 2. That's why I usually just mention a top 5 or 10 with no actual ranks.

And props to Tranzor Z! It took me about 18 years and several anime discussions with a Korean gentleman who imports bamboo goods to my local mall to find out that Tranzor Z and Mazinger Z are the same thing. Now if only anybody remebered Spectre Man...

I don't want to see any MP TF Combiners. no thanks,they'd be too exspensive. I'd rather buy some cheap priced TF combiners from FOC,Generations,Movie-Verse or TF Prime.

As far as MP city-formers goes. no thanks,It'll be too exspensive. i'd rather get these from TF Prime,generations or FOC. I even think the cyber verse toy lines can make a decent Trypticon.

Well, they could make the limb bots the same size as Sideswipe and Red Alert. then the body bot the same size as Optimus, sell them as individuals over a year period. that way they can easily be affordable to everyone

The only issue I can take with Menasor would be Motormaster. Optimus is just the Truck cab, but Motormaster is both cab and Trailer, given that recently in the MP line Takara has attempted to establish some sort of appropriate scaling, I don't see how Motormaster could be faithfully done, and keep with the scaling established by MP-10 and MP-12. He'd have to be grossly redesigned, which up to this point has not been what the Masterpiece line is about, it's about faithfully representing both character model and G1 toy utilizing modern technology and keeping some sort of scale with the actual vehicle modes. Doing combiners means Takara may throw appropriate scaling out the window. I'm not against this if it means doing all the combiners right.

Archived