Masterpiece Slag

Wikkid

I've managed to keep a narrow profile in relation to his Whiskey barrel design by having the rear dino legs fold behind the robot leg. From the front he still retains a slim profile. His robot feet sit atop the Triceratops back but rotate and roll under the leg to form a fully articulated foot for robot mode. (Which also reveals more robot tech) The "wings" on his back fold within the body so they end up less obtrusive and also helps with keeping him compact rather than the kibblefest that the Dinobots actually are.

slagn.jpg

slag3.jpg

^^Using a "Fender" like design, I made his dino legs tuck into the body when in Triceratops mode to give it a heavy duty "tank" feel. When he transforms to robot mode, you can see more detailing underneath to give the impression he's more vulnerable in robot mode. (As the Dinobots are)

slag2.jpg

^^Here's a size comparison shot with Hot Rod to show scale. I don't have Grimlock anymore so a d00d can measure the screw holes for comparison.

swordt.jpg

^^Slags actual sword looks a lil goofy due to the hilt being all curly an shit so I redesigned it with the same shape in techno robo stuff.

slagmp1.jpg

^^Normally I don't do toy tributes but I added the shoulder rocket anyway. Gun is complete.

Also of note: This figure will be painted by Stormbringer85 who will cell shade it to look movie accurate, which means he gets dino eyeballs.

• 2 months later...

So is he in scale with MP Grimlock? Yeah I would sell my MP Grimlock for the prices he fetching on eBay now...:) What happened to Rodimus' arms.....did he get into a fight with a Decepticon....:tfevil Looks really nice....Slag was the only Dinobot I ever owned...this one looks awesome....I really wish Hasbro would make the rest of them in the MP Figure series.....looking forward to the painted version.....who is doing the paint apps for this guy out of curiousity....:sneak

Archived