Beat to the punch,so close,yet so far.............

Shadowpanther

I'm just playin. I get angry txts from my friend Tom with spell check banter all the time. It's a good subject and I'd rather chat about that, than who shot who in the what now. (bonus points if you know where that came from.)

I have a reverse far yet close story. Botcon 95. On the second day, Sunday, after spending time behind the scenes in the art room with the legendary Unicron Prototype... FLAT BROKE, due to a banking error that caused my MAC (or ATM)card NOT to allow me to get any more money from a "Cash Station", I went back in the dealers room with my video camera to take shots of all the remaining things I could not buy.

WELL, the Japanese dealers finally showed up, just as I turned the cormer. Something happened with them at the air port and they were a day late, and I was several hundred dollars short. They brought out things, NOBODY in the west had ever seen before! It was A FREAKING MAZING... And somewhere in my archives I still have the footage. They had piles and piles of Diaclone and Microchange toys, Powered convoy, Megatron, Black Megatron, Gray Megatron, Diaclone boxed cars like Wheeljack, Jazz, Blue Bluestreak, Prowl... My jaw was on the floor, the camera zoomed in on every nook and cranny (I REALLY gota find that footage), and then I saw it. Just past the Black Megatron, there it was, the mint in box Microchange 44 Magnum. WOW! Who knew Megatron had a big brother? If Dirty Harry and Megatron had a son, it'd be this bot. I picked it up and would not put it down. I stood there with the video camera in one hand, and Magnum in the other, transfan after transfan came up and asked "Hey Man what's THAT? you going to buy that?" I had to wait, but I knew eventually my (now X) GF had to come find me, because I had the car keys and we were a long way home.

I flanagled the extra $100, yep that's all, $100, for it and beat out all those other fan's.

I paid the girl back, she in turn stole all my money I made from selling my extra stuff at a couple bot con's down the road, don't have her any more (TG) but I sure do have that boxed 44 Magnum!

Nah I always beat the scalpers, just because i know what time they show up at the Walmarts, Target is easy I just show up when they open. and usually 10minutes after they open that is when they bring out the new toys to be stocked, with their truck arriving on Wednesday Afternoons best time to hit them up is 9 am on Thursday. While Toys R Us is 11 am on Thursdays

With gasoline prices being tripple what they were in 2007. I simply can't afford to do toy hunts every day nor a few times a week. I can only afford to do toy hunts once every three weeks.

for the past few years,TF toy distribution has been awful. with stuff barely arriving in stores. I can't afford to use all that gasoline doing toy hunts,only to come home empty handed.

I live on the far east coast of america,Theirs fewer scalpers in my area. because my area stores get stuff dead last.

my local stores are not that local. each of my stores are 14 to 27 miles away from my house. their are no local stores like walmart,tarket,kmart,tru within walking distance

I just stick around town for the most part, occasionally I will go out to Temple which is 18 miles, But here in Killeen I can hit up

1 Target

1 Toys R Us

3 Walmarts

3 H-E-B's

2 Walgreens

Kohls

ROSS

Aafes

all are in a 15 mile radius

Does getting sniped on Ebay count?

Sorry if I sniped you

Does getting sniped on Ebay count?

I think it does as many of us on here have been sniped on there.

I always wait until the last 8 seconds to put in my max for a figure and 9 times out of 10 I am successful in getting the figure that I am after.

It is the idiots who place bids days before the end of the auction that irritate me, as they needlessly drive up the price

Various on-line fans reported that Walmart stores in America "might" have skipped the TFP Deluxe wave 3 case.

Not in my area. Walmarts around here have plenty of Hot Shots and a few Knock Outs each. None of them had Vehicons though, as I had to find mine at TRU

Archived