similarities between G-1 & RAH/Joe cartooons,I noticed

Shadowpanther

my fan opinion below,I state nothing as fact.

similarities between G-1 & RAH/Joe cartooons,I noticed,After I watched them on the HUB.

anyone think their accidental or incidental

I noticed that RAH & G.I have a whole bunch of similarities going on in their cartoon formula's like as follows below:

1- G-1 & RAH both had booring/dull good guy leaders in the first & second seasons.

2- RAH apparently had the scramble city that G-1 was suspose to have. with serpentor getting a full season before the joe movie happened.

3- Galvatron & Serpentar,while being extremly powerful. they both clearly have anger management issues & are equally insane/crazy.

4- Cyclonus & DR Mind bendor perform the same exact functions. their both self appointed second in commands that often take on the leadership roles. due to their leader galvatron/serpentar being mentally incompetent & insane. their leaders are only good when they fight on the battle fronts.

5- the after movie season for rah & G-1. Saw a much tighter/less members cast on both sides. mainly focusing on 5 or 6 core characters. while others members took on side show character roles or cameos.

5a- the after movie season. the formula for the tighter/less characters cast for RAH & G-1 were similar. with their being a brainy mechanic. second in command who was a mentor to the leader. attractive newer female. newer leader learning the ropes. hot shot big shot. funny guy.

6- Starscream & cobra commander eventually play similar roles in G-1 & RAH. Starscream near the middle of season 2 becomes a loner rogue soldier constantly making plots against their leader. cobra commander after serpentar too his place as leader before the RAH movie started,took the role of starscream where he plots to over-take serpentar's leader spot.

6a- after the RAH & G-1 movies in the following season both starscream & Cobra commander. are not themselves,one is a ghost,the other is a snake. both make deals with the good guys to hurt the bad guys & their former leader. both spend the entire season making plans to the extreme.

7- both optimus & duke get hurt in their animated movies. they both return to the cartoon series after a season has run it's course.

8- Both G-1 & RAH,have a third faction pulling the strings & reveal they've always been in charge of things. RAH had the bad guys faction the movie. G-1 Had the quintessons in the movie/season 3.

9- I suspose the G-1 movie/season 3 Junkions can be seen as copying the dreadnocks biker gang formula from RAH.

10- After movie season Grimlock & Shipwreck perform the same exact comedy/incompetent function. seasons before the movie,both shipwreck & grimlock played more serious roles & weren't as incompetent.

11- Flint & Hotrod basically played the same role/function in their animated movies. both were extremly experienced competent men. both were wild cards & rogue men that needed to learn a growing lesson in their movies in order to save the day in their movies. both men rose to the occassion & had the power/experience/smarts to beat the ultimate bad villian/villians in their movie.

12- 12- The cobra B.A.T.S could be seen as slightly similar to the insecticons drone armies & the G-1 1986 Movie/season 3 Cyclonus & scourge clones/whatever. the TF G-1 season one & two clone body six seeker jets. all of these are sligtly similiar because they provide Army builders for both cartoons/toy lines,as they add numbers to their armies.

13- Both Galvatron & Serpentar,sometimes speak in the Third Person,due to them being insane/crazy.

14- I can keep listing more. but i'll leave the adding for others to make this a more fun thread.

Actually every single one you mentioned are too general to be of any way be a similarity between the two.

Your better off with pointing out how Flint and Cobra Commander have both guest starred in G-1, thus proving that GI Joe and Transformers existed in the same universe

I have three questions.

1. Who the hell are Serpentar and Dr Mind bendor??????? :fail

2. Why do you post in double space? (it makes it harder to read)

3. Are you aware that Transformers and G.I. Joe ARAH were both made by Sunbow. Flint Dille was a writer on both G.I. Joe and Transformers.

...if you want more substantial stories, go read the Marvel Comics. Larry Hama and Simon Furman's writings were far superior to anything Sunbow spat out.

2- RAH apparently had the scramble city that G-1 was suspose to have. with serpentor getting a full season before the joe movie happened.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Do you mean Battleforce 2000?

3- Galvatron & Serpentar,while being extremly powerful. they both clearly have anger management issues & are equally insane/crazy.

So was Skeletor and every other 80s cartoon villian.

4- Cyclonus & DR Mind bendor perform the same exact functions. their both self appointed second in commands that often take on the leadership roles. due to their leader galvatron/serpentar being mentally incompetent & insane. their leaders are only good when they fight on the battle fronts.

Nooooo. Cyclonus was a loyal soldier and Dr Mindbender was a backstabbing scientist.

6- Starscream & cobra commander eventually play similar roles in G-1 & RAH. Starscream near the middle of season 2 becomes a loner rogue soldier constantly making plots against their leader. cobra commander after serpentar too his place as leader before the RAH movie started,took the role of starscream where he plots to over-take serpentar's leader spot.

There is a huge difference here. Starscream was never leader. Cobra Commander was the leader of Cobra before Serpentor took command. Getting your command back and trying to lead is two totally different things.

14- I can keep listing more. but i'll leave the adding for others to make this a more fun thread.

I can't. I give up.

Archived