Bay Says Transformers 4 'Absolutely' His Last, May Go Into Space with Smaller Budget

Shadowpanther

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lot of people hate a lot of things. Some hate the Movieverse, some hate G1, some hate Animated, blah blah blah. The trick, as always, is the realize that not everyone will like all things and deal with it.

Just saying :shrug

That's pretty much exactly it too. Now watch, when the eventual reboot does happen everyone will do a 180. The folks that love the first movies will hate the reboot and vice versa, and it'll still make buckets of cash regardless.

Can't please everyone all the time....

There is no reboot, TF4 is a continuation, the first 3 movies are going to be the past for TF4

*sigh*

I never said TF4 is going to be a reboot, nor will TF5 and TF6 if I understand correctly. What I am saying is that TF movies aren't going to end with a second trilogy. The franchise will eventually be rebooted ala Spider-man, Batman, and such. When it is it'll receive the same mixed reactions we've seen so far and will still turn a tidy profit despite this.

There still will not be a reboot, once the final Transformers film flops, that will be it, they are not going to reboot it, they are going to give it time, because by then people will be sick and tired of the genre, and it will no longer be profitable in theaters.

Like how I believe the next Spider-man movie will flop, because people are tired of Spider-Man

I doubt that. This new Spider-Man looks incredibly awesome and i'm planning on seeing it asap. I love the director's previous film and have full faith that he can deliver on Amazing Spider-Man. Spider-Man 3 sucked because Raimi tried to cram so much into it knowing it was supposed to be the "last" one. Venom looked like shit. Topher Grace....really?!!? There were talks of 4 with Raimi/Toby that came up but that went away quickly. Thats why there's the Spider-Man reboot. There have been new Spider-Man cartoons every other year for the last 20 years/far as a i can remember. I'm sure we'll be seeing Spider-Man movies often in the years to come.

I think there'll be a Transformer movie reboot, and sooner rather than later at that.

I hope the new Spider-man movie does well. Spidey has been a big part of the Avengers comics the last couple years, and since the ending of the Avengers movie is clearly setting up for an Infinity Gauntlet story in the sequel, I think they'll have the new Spidey. After all, Spider-man was a major player in the original story back in the day.

Sorry if this is still too far off topic, but it's closer than anyone else is getting :P

Also, didn't JP3 portray raptors with feathers?

Don't mean to burst anyone's bubble, but since Sony owns the film rights to Spider-man, and Fox owns the film rights to X-Men and Fantastic Four, it is a 100% certainty that none of the characters associated with those franchises will ever appear in future Avengers movies. The only way it can happen is if Marvel Studios can completely buy back the film rights, but the success of the Avengers is working against that happening, Fox feels they can somehow churn out a similar box office mega moneymaker with X-Men, and Sony feels the same about Spider-man.

Don't mean to burst anyone's bubble, but since Sony owns the film rights to Spider-man, and Fox owns the film rights to X-Men and Fantastic Four, it is a 100% certainty that none of the characters associated with those franchises will ever appear in future Avengers movies. The only way it can happen is if Marvel Studios can completely buy back the film rights, but the success of the Avengers is working against that happening, Fox feels they can somehow churn out a similar box office mega moneymaker with X-Men, and Sony feels the same about Spider-man.

Marvel is going to wait until the film rights expire so they can do a mass Marvel Universe movie, if that is what they want to do. Until then there is still plenty they can do with the Avengers and plenty of bad guys to pick from. The only real question here is how will they be able to top the first one.

I already fucking told you Prime Starscream was a redesign...just one that was actually done correctly. You know, modelled after his personality! So yes, the appearance DOES fit! What he officially is means nothing to me. I will never ever EVER call him "Starscream"!

And OP's helmet is not "completely" different. If that were the case it would have zero homages. ZERO HOMAGES to any previous OP. Meaning it would not be blue, he would not have a face plate or even a silver face, he would not have fins on the sides, NOTHING!

Classics Bumblebee IS G1 Bumblebee! He's just a modernized version of that same design!

Marvel is going to wait until the film rights expire so they can do a mass Marvel Universe movie, if that is what they want to do. Until then there is still plenty they can do with the Avengers and plenty of bad guys to pick from. The only real question here is how will they be able to top the first one.

Pretty simple, follow the same formula that made the Avengers such a success, do all the set-ups in the solo films. Iron Man 3: it's been stated that the core Iron Man films will focus solely on tech-based villains, so new introductions for characters such as Hank Pym(the future Ant-Man/Giant-Man/Yellowjacket) Janet Van Dyne ( the future Wasp) Simon Williams (the future Wonder-Man), and later Ultron ( a rogue A.I. program developed by Hank Pym (and Simon Williams for the film continuity) which later takes control of, then uses Starktech to construct a near invincible body for itself), bonus scene at the end featuring the remains of Ultron being confiscated by a "secret government organization" with the letters A.I.M. painted on their trucks, with several agents also apprehending Simon Williams into custody. Captain America 2: The Hydra and A.I.M. civil war with new character introductions of Black Panther, Baron Zemo, M.O.D.O.K., and The Fixer, and more character development of Hawkeye and Black Widow, and Simon Williams (now Wonder-Man who also has the movies big showdown with Cap) plus a bonus scene at the end revealing the Red Skull, alive and well stealing Ultron's Damaged remains from the A.I.M. base. Thor 2: The Rise of the Fire demon Surturr, new characters Amora the Enchantress and the Executioner, Hela the Goddess of Death, bonus scene at the end with Amora stranded on earth with the Executioner, both then being approached by the Red Skull.

The Avengers 2: The Masters of Evil, in an effort to discover if Earth's destruction is worth the notice of his beloved death, Thanos the Mad Titan gathers together the most dangerous beings that world could produce, and wages all out war across the planet, if his Masters of Evil should fail it will allow him to see to the world's destruction personally.

I already fucking told you Prime Starscream was a redesign...just one that was actually done correctly. You know, modelled after his personality! So yes, the appearance DOES fit! What he officially is means nothing to me. I will never ever EVER call him "Starscream"!

And OP's helmet is not "completely" different. If that were the case it would have zero homages. ZERO HOMAGES to any previous OP. Meaning it would not be blue, he would not have a face plate or even a silver face, he would not have fins on the sides, NOTHING!

Classics Bumblebee IS G1 Bumblebee! He's just a modernized version of that same design!

The Primes are completely different Atmo, it is you who is saying that they are exactly alike and you just admitted in your own way they are different. However with your view of what a homage is, all that would be left is Optimsu to be green and a decepticon, your seeing homages that are not there. They are too generalized and meaningless.

i'm not saying he's EXACTLY alike, but to say he's 100% different is a lie as well. he's a radically different take on a familiar design. A complete difference can't have any homages at all...otherwise it would be only 95% different or so, depending on the number of homages

Archived