Bay Says Transformers 4 'Absolutely' His Last, May Go Into Space with Smaller Budget

Shadowpanther

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

L_O and I have a slight history in that he says stuff that moreso is meant to claw into me rather than actually maging legit argument points. He hates me for whatever reason and I'm more than sick of it

Onslaught, I've had a problem with people bashing Bay just to bash Bay. I've now had to go to great lengths to keep repeating myself: I praised DOTM and Michael Bays' direction of said film. I put it in the same category as great action/sci-fi films like Aliens. He did a great job, and I've never not said that about that movie.

Wherein have I proved you right and put forth anything that would state that I have some kind of personal issue with Michael Bay? Dude, I don't know him. All I know about him is his movies, and up until DOTM, IMHO, they have all been varying degrees of terrible.

The thing that has always bugged me about the pro-Bayverse camp is this--and this camp is so quick to claim the reverse: no one can have an opinion about the Bayverse that isn't positive. With that being the case, how in the world is anyone supposed to have a discussion about it?

People bash bay, to bash him especially about the Transformers movies, because it has been the popular thing to do for years ever since the first movie, and from what I have been able to see since the first film is most of the ones who claim they are terrible and raped their childhood. Are the ones who either never gave the films a chance, or Could not see beyond their memories of watching G1 on television back in the 80's. That is why it is their own fault, not Bay's and they fail to see what the live actions did for Transformers as a whole. I have plenty of positives about the MovieVerse. calling it the Bayverse is bashing Bay just to bash him IMO. They fail to see that it was not just Bay who came up with the Transformers designs. He also is not the one who wrote the stories either, he was the director. His job was to bring it all to life, which he did in amazing ways.

I never said I was right and that you had a personal vendetta against Bay. You proved me right about how back in 2009 and 2010. People were basically just jumping on the bandwagon of hate, and bashing just to bash because it was the popular thing to do. What I saw was when I named the blockbusters, and you said you hated all of them and Bay for them. I saw that, as no matter what Bay makes you will hate it. If I misunderstood you have my apologies for it.

I do have plenty of positives about the MovieVerse, as a matter of fact it was the Movies that brought me back to Transformers, after BM and Armada I stopped those one drove me away, because it was like Hasbro was trying to kill the Transformers franchise just so they could being something else to the shelves that were once occupied by Transformers. From the end of BM to the first movie in 2007 I had a total of 10 Transformers. before BM, I had every single Hasbro G1 figure and BW figure. I sold them all at the end of BM and picked and chose certain figures. the Movies caused me to go back and buy. I now have about 1,000 Transformers. And it is all because of the movies.

The way they did the interaction between the Transformers and humans is how it would be done in the real world, Plus they were a lot closer to each other in the movies. How Megatron was portrayed made sense. basing the vast majority of technology off of Megatron has a basis in reality with reverse engineering. The fight scenes were not over the top and can happen in the real world. the Transformations by realigning their bodies is also possible in the real world. All of it is possible in the real world, and that is what Bay strove for with his directing. Keep the Transformers grounded in the real world.

Maybe so, but dropping offensive language is likely to get you a warning or something. There are certain members on here, who in my fan opinion drive me crazy. There's an ignore button for people like that

Just some advice, not trying to hound on you or anything

L_O and I have a slight history in that he says stuff that moreso is meant to claw into me rather than actually maging legit argument points. He hates me for whatever reason and I'm more than sick of it

Actually I do not hate you Atmo I actually like you, its your obsession with Starscream's smirk that annoys me to no end. Cause you based your whole reasoning about your hatred of Movie Starscream because of a stupid smirk

And here show me how the two Optimus Prime's are the same

350px-Optimusg1.jpgoptimus-prime-movie-pictures-04.jpg

Cause they are completely different

Those heads are clearly meant to both be the same. Colors, windshield chests, everything. They took the G1 profile and movie-ized it

And the smirk is extremely iconic. I'm terribly sorry if I find it stupid seeing a character gloat and laugh with a pissed off facial expression. The way SS acts really does require a face that can make a broad range of emotions. And how absurdly misproportioned he is doesn't help either. You want a proper reimagination of Starscream? I refer you to Transformers: Prime. Even the pic of him smirking on TFwiki is captioned as "one look sells him as starscream". What???? But the smirk means nothing! You said it and since you seem to think you're God or something, that must mean everyone who disagrees is wrong!

But I'm sorry if I'm forbidden to hate a character for my own reasons as stated clearly by Onslaught law in Onslaught world.

sigh... there's just some topics where people can't play nice together. A few tips if you wish to have this thread keep operating:

1) Lose the language

2) Lose the baiting

3) Stay on topic

For a refresher, the topic is TF4 and the budget Bay has to work with. NOT Optimus Prime's design. Don't make me take the next step :lock

Those heads are clearly meant to both be the same. Colors, windshield chests, everything. They took the G1 profile and movie-ized it

And the smirk is extremely iconic. I'm terribly sorry if I find it stupid seeing a character laugh with a pissed off facial expression. The way SS acts really does require a face that can make a broad range of emotions.

But I'm sorry if I'm forbidden to hate a character in onslaught world. What's my punishment for breaking the law?

Your not forbidden your allowed to hate characters, but your reasoning for Movie Starscream is some thing I'm allowed to say something about. Now as for Optimus, how is it that Movie Prime is mostly blue, completely different chest or completel different body design transformers from a Kenworth 900 Semi truck while G1 Optimus Prime is mostly red transforms into a Freighliner from the 70's.

The only thing these two have in common is the name and Peter Cullen, other than that there is nothing else

The smirk for Starscream is only iconic to you Atmo. I could careless about it. Movie Starscream acts just like G1 Starscream. Strong when he thinks he can't be beat. cowardly when he knows he is going to lose, pretends to obey Megatron. But will always try to replace him.

sigh... there's just some topics where people can't play nice together. A few tips if you wish to have this thread keep operating:

1) Lose the language

2) Lose the baiting

3) Stay on topic

For a refresher, the topic is TF4 and the budget Bay has to work with. NOT Optimus Prime's design. Don't make me take the next step :lock

I will comply with #1 if LO agrees to comply with #2

I'll go with #3 because I haven't been doing #1 or #2,

Onslaught, I've had a problem with people bashing Bay just to bash Bay. I've now had to go to great lengths to keep repeating myself: I praised DOTM and Michael Bays' direction of said film. I put it in the same category as great action/sci-fi films like Aliens. He did a great job, and I've never not said that about that movie.

Wherein have I proved you right and put forth anything that would state that I have some kind of personal issue with Michael Bay? Dude, I don't know him. All I know about him is his movies, and up until DOTM, IMHO, they have all been varying degrees of terrible.

The thing that has always bugged me about the pro-Bayverse camp is this--and this camp is so quick to claim the reverse: no one can have an opinion about the Bayverse that isn't positive. With that being the case, how in the world is anyone supposed to have a discussion about it?

People bash bay, to bash him especially about the Transformers movies, because it has been the popular thing to do for years ever since the first movie, and from what I have been able to see since the first film is most of the ones who claim they are terrible and raped their childhood. Are the ones who either never gave the films a chance, or Could not see beyond their memories of watching G1 on television back in the 80's. That is why it is their own fault, not Bay's and they fail to see what the live actions did for Transformers as a whole. I have plenty of positives about the MovieVerse. calling it the Bayverse is bashing Bay just to bash him IMO. They fail to see that it was not just Bay who came up with the Transformers designs. He also is not the one who wrote the stories either, he was the director. His job was to bring it all to life, which he did in amazing ways.

I never said I was right and that you had a personal vendetta against Bay. You proved me right about how back in 2009 and 2010. People were basically just jumping on the bandwagon of hate, and bashing just to bash because it was the popular thing to do. What I saw was when I named the blockbusters, and you said you hated all of them and Bay for them. I saw that, as no matter what Bay makes you will hate it. If I misunderstood you have my apologies for it.

I do have plenty of positives about the MovieVerse, as a matter of fact it was the Movies that brought me back to Transformers, after BM and Armada I stopped those one drove me away, because it was like Hasbro was trying to kill the Transformers franchise just so they could being something else to the shelves that were once occupied by Transformers. From the end of BM to the first movie in 2007 I had a total of 10 Transformers. before BM, I had every single Hasbro G1 figure and BW figure. I sold them all at the end of BM and picked and chose certain figures. the Movies caused me to go back and buy. I now have about 1,000 Transformers. And it is all because of the movies.

The way they did the interaction between the Transformers and humans is how it would be done in the real world, Plus they were a lot closer to each other in the movies. How Megatron was portrayed made sense. basing the vast majority of technology off of Megatron has a basis in reality with reverse engineering. The fight scenes were not over the top and can happen in the real world. the Transformations by realigning their bodies is also possible in the real world. All of it is possible in the real world, and that is what Bay strove for with his directing. Keep the Transformers grounded in the real world.

:beer

I got you, Onslaught.

The whole "raped my childhood" thing: I used to think it was over the top and thoughtless until I re-watched all three of the Jurassic Park films. See, I love Love LOVE dinosaurs and everything about them, and the way they were portrayed in the Jurassic Park universe with so little actual science based in dinosaurology--when so many well-respected ones were on set--still upsets me to this day, and I think that is what Blitz was getting at earlier. People get passionate about this stuff because sometimes it is personal to them. You try to filter through it, but it still comes through. See, I still can't have a civil conversation with anyone about how the "raptors" were unfeathered even though there was evidence at the time supporting the fact that they should have had at least hairlike proto-feathers. Science has since shown that proto-feathers was an understatement: some of the members of this group bore fully avian feather arrays from their head to their tail.

Back on topic: the lower budget may force Bay & Co. to really focus even more on the meat and potatoes aspect of the screenplay and direction, which would really separate the chaff from the wheat. DOTM was surprisingly lean insofar as Bay is concerned, but there were still some elements that did not advance the plot or really make you care about the characters. What really has me actually a little excited about the next movie is the sheer brilliance of some of the inter-robot dialogue. Some of it was powerful--like most everything that came out of Sentinel's mouth ('We were GODS once! All of us!!!). I'm looking forward to more of that.

Archived