Bay Says Transformers 4 'Absolutely' His Last, May Go Into Space with Smaller Budget

Shadowpanther

So Michael Bay's primary motive for doing 4 is to save people's jobs... suuuure.

I'm confident the world will end before then.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Michael Bay's primary motive for doing 4 is to save people's jobs... suuuure.

I'm confident the world will end before then.

this whole conversation will have been a waste of time then huh? :tflaugh

...Optimus got an all-new look?

Yeah the red and blue truck that turns into a robot with a red upper torso, blue legs, blue head with side "fins" and a grey face with a mouthplate, windshields on his chest, and Peter Cullen's voice was DEFINITELY never ever done before.....

So you never saw the movies huh?

Cause you described G1 Prime, but not Movie Prime. :tflaugh

Evidently YOU havent...Since movie prime has all those features as well.... Don't make me make a whole pic about it. You know I will

Yeah the red and blue truck that turns into a robot with a red upper torso, blue legs, blue head with side "fins" and a grey face with a mouthplate, windshields on his chest, and Peter Cullen's voice was DEFINITELY never ever done before.....

Evidently YOU havent...Since movie prime has all those features as well.... Don't make me make a whole pic about it. You know I will

Optimus had a completely different look from G1 Prime... I don't remember any G1 Prime having that Truck design, flames painted on the truck, and a robot mode that looked like a skeleton with semi- parts pasted on it. If you want an Optimus with a completely different look start watching Beast Machines.

In all honesty, LO: No. Up until the first TF movie, there was not a single film made by Field Marshall Bay that I even remotely liked, and the first Bayverse film was just okay. DOTM is the only movie of his that I like, and feel that was competently done. I did not like Bad Boys 1 or II, with good reason. Bad Boys 1 & II were just two comedians making Bay look really good; The Rock was stupid and deriviative; Pearl Harbor hit with all the directorial panache of Waterworld or Battlefield Earth: A History of The Year 3000 and made it plain that even in a historical piece, Bay is not able to overcome his ego. The subject matter alone will not make me give him a break of any sort; The Island is a straight up rip-off of Parts: The Clonus Horror, which is itself a piece of s**t. Check it out. It's not hype, or mean-spiritedness on the part of critics. It's true. Armageddon is one of the worst films of the last 25 years IMHO, easily eclipsig everything else on this list, and is easily in the same category as Gigli, Deep Impact, Skyscraper, Weasels Rip My Flesh or some of the Batman films from the mid-90's. Bay doesn't even try to rign himself in on this one. It's all Bay, all the time, and not even Liv Tyler's sexual sexiness can bail him out of that one. Even the soundtrack was horrific, a laurentian abyss of colossal proportions that staggered my senses and compromised the structural integrity of my prostate. And as bad as that was, ROTF is ever worse, existing in its own stygian category as a special kind of sh***y, kind of like Howard The Duck.

Except at least Howard The Duck had a young Lea Thompson in it.

A good chunk of '09 and '010 on this site and many others is dedicated to lambasting this horrific film, so I won't go into that again here. Just know that, for me, irregardless of how much $$ ROTF or any other Mick Bay film makes, I will not care...because they are not good films, IMO. When he makes a good film, as happened with DOTM, I will be right there and give him credit. Short of that, well...you know what happens then. There is a substantial drop off in quality between a standard Bay film and almost anything else, certainly anything that is actually critically acclaimed.

So your problem is Bay himself, and you just just proved me right about another thing withte lambasting of the films and how people dedicated to it. Most were just jumping on the band wagon

Really Atmo? When did G1 Prime have flames, and hoe was mostly Blue with a little bit of red, an entirely new truck mode armor faceplate, Movie Prime's look was a complete redesign, just like Starscreams (smirk and all :tflaugh)

Lot of people hate a lot of things. Some hate the Movieverse, some hate G1, some hate Animated, blah blah blah. The trick, as always, is the realize that not everyone will like all things and deal with it.

Just saying :shrug

That's pretty much exactly it too. Now watch, when the eventual reboot does happen everyone will do a 180. The folks that love the first movies will hate the reboot and vice versa, and it'll still make buckets of cash regardless.

Can't please everyone all the time....

There is no reboot, TF4 is a continuation, the first 3 movies are going to be the past for TF4

*sigh*

I never said TF4 is going to be a reboot, nor will TF5 and TF6 if I understand correctly. What I am saying is that TF movies aren't going to end with a second trilogy. The franchise will eventually be rebooted ala Spider-man, Batman, and such. When it is it'll receive the same mixed reactions we've seen so far and will still turn a tidy profit despite this.

In all honesty, LO: No. Up until the first TF movie, there was not a single film made by Field Marshall Bay that I even remotely liked, and the first Bayverse film was just okay. DOTM is the only movie of his that I like, and feel that was competently done. I did not like Bad Boys 1 or II, with good reason. Bad Boys 1 & II were just two comedians making Bay look really good; The Rock was stupid and deriviative; Pearl Harbor hit with all the directorial panache of Waterworld or Battlefield Earth: A History of The Year 3000 and made it plain that even in a historical piece, Bay is not able to overcome his ego. The subject matter alone will not make me give him a break of any sort; The Island is a straight up rip-off of Parts: The Clonus Horror, which is itself a piece of s**t. Check it out. It's not hype, or mean-spiritedness on the part of critics. It's true. Armageddon is one of the worst films of the last 25 years IMHO, easily eclipsig everything else on this list, and is easily in the same category as Gigli, Deep Impact, Skyscraper, Weasels Rip My Flesh or some of the Batman films from the mid-90's. Bay doesn't even try to rign himself in on this one. It's all Bay, all the time, and not even Liv Tyler's sexual sexiness can bail him out of that one. Even the soundtrack was horrific, a laurentian abyss of colossal proportions that staggered my senses and compromised the structural integrity of my prostate. And as bad as that was, ROTF is ever worse, existing in its own stygian category as a special kind of sh***y, kind of like Howard The Duck.

A good chunk of '09 and '010 on this site and many others is dedicated to lambasting this horrific film, so I won't go into that again here. Just know that, for me, irregardless of how much $$ ROTF or any other Mick Bay film makes, I will not care...because they are not good films, IMO. When he makes a good film, as happened with DOTM, I will be right there and give him credit. Short of that, well...you know what happens then. There is a substantial drop off in quality between a standard Bay film and almost anything else, certainly anything that is actually critically acclaimed.

So your problem is Bay himself, and you just just proved me right about another thing withte lambasting of the films and how people dedicated to it. Most were just jumping on the band wagon

Really Atmo? When did G1 Prime have flames, and hoe was mostly Blue with a little bit of red, an entirely new truck mode armor faceplate, Movie Prime's look was a complete redesign, just like Starscreams (smirk and all :tflaugh)

Onslaught, I've had a problem with people bashing Bay just to bash Bay. I've now had to go to great lengths to keep repeating myself: I praised DOTM and Michael Bays' direction of said film. I put it in the same category as great action/sci-fi films like Aliens. He did a great job, and I've never not said that about that movie.

Wherein have I proved you right and put forth anything that would state that I have some kind of personal issue with Michael Bay? Dude, I don't know him. All I know about him is his movies, and up until DOTM, IMHO, they have all been varying degrees of terrible.

The thing that has always bugged me about the pro-Bayverse camp is this--and this camp is so quick to claim the reverse: no one can have an opinion about the Bayverse that isn't positive. With that being the case, how in the world is anyone supposed to have a discussion about it?

Lot of people hate a lot of things. Some hate the Movieverse, some hate G1, some hate Animated, blah blah blah. The trick, as always, is the realize that not everyone will like all things and deal with it.

That's pretty much exactly it too. Now watch, when the eventual reboot does happen everyone will do a 180. The folks that love the first movies will hate the reboot and vice versa, and it'll still make buckets of cash regardless.

There is no reboot, TF4 is a continuation, the first 3 movies are going to be the past for TF4

*sigh*

I never said TF4 is going to be a reboot, nor will TF5 and TF6 if I understand correctly. What I am saying is that TF movies aren't going to end with a second trilogy. The franchise will eventually be rebooted ala Spider-man, Batman, and such. When it is it'll receive the same mixed reactions we've seen so far and will still turn a tidy profit despite this.

There still will not be a reboot, once the final Transformers film flops, that will be it, they are not going to reboot it, they are going to give it time, because by then people will be sick and tired of the genre, and it will no longer be profitable in theaters.

Like how I believe the next Spider-man movie will flop, because people are tired of Spider-Man

*sigh*

There still will not be a reboot, once the final Transformers film flops, that will be it, they are not going to reboot it, they are going to give it time, because by then people will be sick and tired of the genre, and it will no longer be profitable in theaters.

Like how I believe the next Spider-man movie will flop, because people are tired of Spider-Man

I doubt that. This new Spider-Man looks incredibly awesome and i'm planning on seeing it asap. I love the director's previous film and have full faith that he can deliver on Amazing Spider-Man. Spider-Man 3 sucked because Raimi tried to cram so much into it knowing it was supposed to be the "last" one. Venom looked like shit. Topher Grace....really?!!? There were talks of 4 with Raimi/Toby that came up but that went away quickly. Thats why there's the Spider-Man reboot. There have been new Spider-Man cartoons every other year for the last 20 years/far as a i can remember. I'm sure we'll be seeing Spider-Man movies often in the years to come.

Wait, so the flames make him all new? Look at the model again. The head is totally tradition-inspired. Everything from the blue helmet to the silver face. The windows on his chest. All G1. The head was NOT new. They took the G1 model and movie-ized it. Watch the movies again. It's obvious!

And no...Not once in that movie did Hellscream ever smirk..Nor is he Starscream. I don't give a flying fuck as to what the official canon names him as, I will NEVER call him Starscream

You know...Even once I would just love to be able to make a valid point without you bullying me and deliberately talking shit just to make it more difficult for me to describe my opinion...Seriously dude...why do you feel the need to hate on me? I don't seem to recall ever doing anything to you

Archived