Bay Says Transformers 4 'Absolutely' His Last, May Go Into Space with Smaller Budget

Shadowpanther

I'll let the $2.8 Billion speak for itself,

Then you should weep for the entire human race.

I'll weep for the fans who like to say that Bay raped their childhood, or laugh at them, because the movies were amazing, the best thing to do is stop comparing them to G1 or thinking they are G1.

Now that I think about it I will laugh

They don't have to be G1, but they don't have to suck either, and they do suck. After the first movie proved to be a success, which means that they can afford to spend more money on the sequel, they should have put more focus on the Transformers. The reason the cheap old cartoon is so memorable is because it was about Transformers, not humans. Transformers aren't dinosaurs in Jurassic Park, or some kind of generic visual effects creatures that have no personality. They're living robots that talk. Let them talk. Let them be the movie, not just visual effects.

yet, the g1 cartoon had plenty of humans all over the place. Spike was every where screaming and whining just as much as Shia did. Even in the G1 comics, there were humans. Humans have been apart of every Transformers cartoon since the beginning with the exception of Beast Machines.

So guess what, there will be humans in TF4. Transformers are the main draw but their relationship to humans and trying to live among them is also an integral part of their story.

And Puma just hit it the nail right there. humans have been a part of every show except for Beast Machines. And there has always been a main human except for Beast Wars where they were protohumans but what can you do about it?

How they were able to make all 3 movies fit seamlessly with each other was also amazing, one right after the other and From what I can recall, none of the movies contradicted the other which is rare and was last pulled off by Star Wars.

The Live Action Transformers movies are considered a pinnacle of CGI in movies. and even proved the uselessness of film critics as they all said they were bad, and the movies gave the critics the middle finger as they road together to $2.8 Billion.

I'm not talking about the CGI.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lot of people hate a lot of things. Some hate the Movieverse, some hate G1, some hate Animated, blah blah blah. The trick, as always, is the realize that not everyone will like all things and deal with it.

Just saying :shrug

Yes you are, you said special effects, well CGI is special effects, the explosions were special effects and they were great and kept somewhat realistic and still beliavable.

Lot of people hate a lot of things. Some hate the Movieverse, some hate G1, some hate Animated, blah blah blah. The trick, as always, is the realize that not everyone will like all things and deal with it.

Hating something is one thing. Overblowing it by saying it raped my childhood, or weep for the entire human race is Overblown.

GI Joe the movie was bad, did it rape a childhood? No

The new Star Trek is great and actually brought me back to the franchise did it rape a childhood? No

One thing people seem to like to ignore is what the Transformers Movies did for Transformers. The Live action movies did more for Transformers then all the Cartoons, Comics, toys, and video games combined.

And the constant not G1 crap, The Live action movies are not G1, that is why Bumblebee was not a volkswagon, Megatron was a juet and not a P Walther, Optimus had a completely new look. and it was refreshing a true brand new feel to Transformers. Bay did something magical with the live action movies. He made Transformers brand new again Something not even Simon Furman could do, or even any of the toylines.

It's all in the passion. Some people are obviously much more passionate about a franchise than others and they tend to take it seriously. Maybe it did rape their childhood. Sucks for them. However, are they wrong for saying it? Not really.

The Live Action Transformers movies are considered a pinnacle of CGI in movies. and even proved the uselessness of film critics as they all said they were bad, and the movies gave the critics the middle finger as they road together to $2.8 Billion.

I was talking with someone on Facebook not long ago who said the movies were bad and I said that was his opinion, but I thought they were awesome. He said that it wasn't just an opinion and there's a measure for them movies being good or bad. I replied that if that's true, all movie critics would agree on all movies.

There is no set standard, if there was it would be based off of box office receipts, case in point John Carter of Mars, film critics loved it and gave it high praise, well guess what? it flopped

Battleship flopped. So the real measure is the box office revenue. What do people like to see

Good point by the way John

It's all in the passion. Some people are obviously much more passionate about a franchise than others and they tend to take it seriously. Maybe it did rape their childhood. Sucks for them. However, are they wrong for saying it? Not really.

I never said they were wrong I said they were over blowing it, and I still think most people just jumped on the hate bandwagon of the movies because that was the popular thing to do. Or made up their mind before the movies were even released,

And for the ones who genuinely feel that Bay raped them, they can go hang out with Jar Jar :tflaugh

Yes you are, you said special effects, well CGI is special effects, the explosions were special effects and they were great and kept somewhat realistic and still beliavable.

I'm talking about how Transformers need to be more than just visual effects. They need to be treated more as characters, like in the best CGI animated movie. A waste of good CGI is worse than CGI that's just bad, and that's what the Transformers movies are, a waste of good CGI.

I hate to bring up the humans again, but I watching the movie Bad Boys. It's pretty good, but it's also a smaller movie than any of the Transformers films, but that's okay. Maybe smaller is better for Transformers. I want a movie to be able to focus on the Autobots and Decepticons in the same way Bad Boys is Will Smith and Martin Lawrence, and the police, versus the drug dealing villains, with innocent bystanders caught in between. In the case of Transformers, the innocent bystanders, would be our human characters.

Flame baiting much? Its my BDay and I don't wanna be mean to anyone today. You have been spared a warn.

That said, there better not be a next time. :mwahaha

Did you see any flaming? All I did was have a discussion after that, nothing more. You don't give this forum's members, not counting myself, a lot credit do you? Did you see Lord Onslaught get upset? No.

I'm enjoying this, cause there is no flaming going on. Mike and I are cool with each other. Oh and Happy BIRTHDAY!!!!!! BaCon

I'm talking about how Transformers need to be more than just visual effects. They need to be treated more as characters, like in the best CGI animated movie. A waste of good CGI is worse than CGI that's just bad, and that's what the Transformers movies are, a waste of good CGI.

I hate to bring up the humans again, but I watching the movie Bad Boys. It's pretty good, but it's also a smaller movie than any of the Transformers films, but that's okay. Maybe smaller is better for Transformers. I want a movie to be able to focus on the Autobots and Decepticons in the same way Bad Boys is Will Smith and Martin Lawrence, and the police, versus the drug dealing villains, with innocent bystanders caught in between. In the case of Transformers, the innocent bystanders, would be our human characters.

They were treated as Characters, they were the main not a side story to a boy trying to get laid. As soon as Optimus showed up the Transformers took over. They grew with the story, ROTF and DOTM both were Transformer stories. the main thing is this is happening on Earth. So you need the humans to have a bigger role because Earth is our planet. Chances are in TF4 the space scenes will have less humans. You just can not have a giant robot story happening on Earth without a bunch of humans. Bay and Spielberg kept the whole story believable by having humans do a lot more then they have done in the cartoons, and comics.

I'll let the $2.8 Billion speak for itself,

Then you should weep for the entire human race.

Flame baiting much? Its my BDay and I don't wanna be mean to anyone today. You have been spared a warn.

That said, there better not be a next time. :mwahaha

Did you see any flaming? All I did was have a discussion after that, nothing more. You don't give this forum's members, not counting myself, a lot credit do you? Did you see Lord Onslaught get upset? No.

He did not get upset, but we got a report on your comment. We are telling you to take it easy. Please do so, okay?

He did not get upset, but we got a report on your comment. We are telling you to take it easy. Please do so, okay?

I guess what Mike and I consider normal in our argument someone must not of liked. But I'm still trying to see what was written that was not liked and I can't find anything going all the way back to the first page

That's pretty much exactly it too. Now watch, when the eventual reboot does happen everyone will do a 180. The folks that love the first movies will hate the reboot and vice versa, and it'll still make buckets of cash regardless.

Can't please everyone all the time....

Archived