Bay Says Transformers 4 'Absolutely' His Last, May Go Into Space with Smaller Budget

Shadowpanther

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll let the $2.8 Billion speak for itself,

Then you should weep for the entire human race.

I'll weep for the fans who like to say that Bay raped their childhood, or laugh at them, because the movies were amazing, the best thing to do is stop comparing them to G1 or thinking they are G1.

Now that I think about it I will laugh

I'll weep for the fans who like to say that Bay raped their childhood, or laugh at them, because the movies were amazing, the best thing to do is stop comparing them to G1 or thinking they are G1.

They don't have to be G1, but they don't have to suck either, and they do suck. After the first movie proved to be a success, which means that they can afford to spend more money on the sequel, they should have put more focus on the Transformers. The reason the cheap old cartoon is so memorable is because it was about Transformers, not humans. Transformers aren't dinosaurs in Jurassic Park, or some kind of generic visual effects creatures that have no personality. They're living robots that talk. Let them talk. Let them be the movie, not just visual effects.

They don't have to be G1, but they don't have to suck either, and they do suck. After the first movie proved to be a success, which means that they can afford to spend more money on the sequel, they should have put more focus on the Transformers. The reason the cheap old cartoon is so memorable is because it was about Transformers, not humans. Transformers aren't dinosaurs in Jurassic Park, or some kind of generic visual effects creatures that have no personality. They're living robots that talk. Let them talk. Let them be the movie, not just visual effects.

Seriously how did they suck? There was a lot more focus on the Transformers in both ROTF and DOTM then there was in the first one. The only thing that sucked out of all of them, was the story of the Fallen, it could have been good if done right, and many of the figures are considered the best figures from Transformers. It is really hard to Top ROTF Leader Prime. You can't build them, the only way is CGI, and the CGI was amazing in all of the movies, it definitely felt like they were real

Seriously how did they suck? There was a lot more focus on the Transformers in both ROTF and DOTM then there was in the first one. The only thing that sucked out of all of them, was the story of the Fallen, it could have been good if done right, and many of the figures are considered the best figures from Transformers. It is really hard to Top ROTF Leader Prime. You can't build them, the only way is CGI, and the CGI was amazing in all of the movies, it definitely felt like they were real

It didn't seem that Transformer centric to me. They were a real waste of time. Just like with the G1 cartoon, there are so many things that could have been done better in the movies. The first movie was okay, but it should have been Megatron leading the Decepticons in search of the Allspark. The second one should have been about the Constructicons only, and basically made into a giant-monster movie, like Godzilla. The third could have been another Megatron led adventure, perhaps this time about the search for energy or something. Ironically, I think they took these movies far too seriously in trying to create an overall story arc, which was made up as they went along anyway. It wasn't necessary.

yet, the g1 cartoon had plenty of humans all over the place. Spike was every where screaming and whining just as much as Shia did. Even in the G1 comics, there were humans. Humans have been apart of every Transformers cartoon since the beginning with the exception of Beast Machines.

So guess what, there will be humans in TF4. Transformers are the main draw but their relationship to humans and trying to live among them is also an integral part of their story.

yet, the g1 cartoon had plenty of humans all over the place. Spike was every where screaming and whining just as much as Shia did. Even in the G1 comics, there were humans. Humans have been apart of every Transformers cartoon since the beginning with the exception of Beast Machines.

So guess what, there will be humans in TF4. Transformers are the main draw but their relationship to humans and trying to live among them is also an integral part of their story.

They can be there, they just don't have to be the focus of the movie. I'll even take more interaction between Transformer characters and humans, even if the Transformers are in vehicle mode, sort of like Knight Rider. The humans shouldn't have a direct connection to Transformers though, like Sam and his great, great grandfather's glasses. I prefer a chance meeting.

Flame baiting much? Its my BDay and I don't wanna be mean to anyone today. You have been spared a warn.

That said, there better not be a next time. :mwahaha

Flame baiting much? Its my BDay and I don't wanna be mean to anyone today. You have been spared a warn.

That said, there better not be a next time. :mwahaha

Did you see any flaming? All I did was have a discussion after that, nothing more. You don't give this forum's members, not counting myself, a lot credit do you? Did you see Lord Onslaught get upset? No.

And Puma just hit it the nail right there. humans have been a part of every show except for Beast Machines. And there has always been a main human except for Beast Wars where they were protohumans but what can you do about it?

How they were able to make all 3 movies fit seamlessly with each other was also amazing, one right after the other and From what I can recall, none of the movies contradicted the other which is rare and was last pulled off by Star Wars.

The Live Action Transformers movies are considered a pinnacle of CGI in movies. and even proved the uselessness of film critics as they all said they were bad, and the movies gave the critics the middle finger as they road together to $2.8 Billion.

Archived