Another Third Party NOT Generation 1 Megatron Figure Coming Our Way from LianToys?

BaCon

I'm gonna wait and see more pics before I decide. I'm also kinda hoping we get a new MP Megatron I can just import

Though I read somewhere US gun laws prohibit importing any such toy. i dont want customs to swipe it and then be $150+ in the hole....

Customs wont swipe your Megatron, You are allowed import him, the only thing is he will more than likely have the orange cap on him. But from what I understand they are easy to take off.

I imported my MP Megatron from China, and no problems getting him into the country

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gonna wait and see more pics before I decide. I'm also kinda hoping we get a new MP Megatron I can just import

Though I read somewhere US gun laws prohibit importing any such toy. i dont want customs to swipe it and then be $150+ in the hole....

Customs wont swipe your Megatron, You are allowed import him, the only thing is he will more than likely have the orange cap on him. But from what I understand they are easy to take off.

I imported my MP Megatron from China, and no problems getting him into the country

I bought 2 MP Megatron's from Captured prey & they didn't open the boxes nor put any orange caps on it.

I just opened mine up to see and he doesn't have the orange cap. so maybe its a BBTS thing, but then Megatron is also in robotmode, so that is one way to get around the stupid orange cap when shipping him in a box that does not have a clear plastic window

Oh really? I guess the site I was on didn't know then. They just said it's illegal to import the toy, so that made me worried. Thanks for the info

Now to debate with myself on if I want to pay $200+ for one....

I just opened mine up to see and he doesn't have the orange cap. so maybe its a BBTS thing, but then Megatron is also in robotmode, so that is one way to get around the stupid orange cap when shipping him in a box that does not have a clear plastic window

BBTS got in a little trouble back in 2001 when they tried to resell the G1 Megatron reissues. It is likely due to that when they had to pull the pre-orders and send out the apology email. That's why I ended up getting mine from Canada and smuggling it over the border. :tfevil

BBTS got in a little trouble back in 2001 when they tried to resell the G1 Megatron reissues. It is likely due to that when they had to pull the pre-orders and send out the apology email. That's why I ended up getting mine from Canada and smuggling it over the border. :tfevil

Well the reissues had Megatron transformed into his alt mode so that is why, where with the Masterpiece he is shipped in Robot mode and does not have a translucent window

Well the reissues had Megatron transformed into his alt mode so that is why, where with the Masterpiece he is shipped in Robot mode and does not have a translucent window

Smuggling guns across borders is a felony :tflaugh

I got the 16 Special reissue Megs in 01 with no plug - in the US

I got MP5 straight from China (or wherever) when it first came out with no plug

I got the recent re-release MP5 and TFC reissue Megs from BBTS, both with plugs

I am not saying I did it, since its "illegal" but if I wanted to I am sure those orange plugs come right out and you will never know they were even there. Unless you are a MISB collector, then you will notice the opened box :tfsad

Smuggling guns across borders is a felony :tflaugh

I got the 16 Special reissue Megs in 01 with no plug - in the US

I got MP5 straight from China (or wherever) when it first came out with no plug

I got the recent re-release MP5 and TFC reissue Megs from BBTS, both with plugs

I am not saying I did it, since its "illegal" but if I wanted to I am sure those orange plugs come right out and you will never know they were even there. Unless you are a MISB collector, then you will notice the opened box :tfsad

I got my MP-05 from TFSource just last year MISB, no orange plug, so I guess it's just a BBTS thing

I got my MP-05 from TFSource just last year MISB, no orange plug, so I guess it's just a BBTS thing

It's got to be just BBTS, because i also just dug out my E-Hobby Reissue Megatron also, and he does not have the cap either. I think BBTS got scared because of something else, so now htey put the orange cap on. I'm just glad that when Hegemon shows up I can take the cap off of him

It's got to be just BBTS, because i also just dug out my E-Hobby Reissue Megatron also, and he does not have the cap either. I think BBTS got scared because of something else, so now htey put the orange cap on. I'm just glad that when Hegemon shows up I can take the cap off of him

It's also ebay. ebay's rules & regulations require sellers to put a orange cap on any megatron toy that has a realistic gun mode.

Archived