TF Cyberverse Mirage

cakedup

This is just a quick look at this poor fellow. As a whole there is nothing specifically wrong with him, I just wish Dino would have at least received his own deluxe or Human Alliance toy and not just a retool of an old toy. It's a good thing he is only 5 bucks.

Also, check out my the rest of my channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/cakedup83?feature=mhee. As always, please rate, comment, and subscribe!

Mirage deserved better than this. :( ROTF Sideways had his own original Deluxe and Legends figure, and he was just a "hi then die" one-scene wonder. Mirage appears in several scenes in DOTM (although he kinda vanishes toward the end for no apparent reason :roll) and he had spoken dialogue!

P.S.: Mirage is also a more popular character with kids (who are the primary market demographic for Transformers). You ask most kids about the Audi R8 Transformer in ROTF and they're like, "Who??", but if you ask them about the Ferrari in DOTM, they're like, "Oh yeeeaaah! That Ferrari was awesome!" Does Hasbro even talk to kids about this stuff???

I can sort of understand why they did this though, given that Ferrarri has an exclusive deal with Mattel's HotWheels brand to produce any toy likenesses of their vehicles. Thus Hasbro can't use the Ferrarri design. It's also why Mirage was called "Dino" in the film.

I can sort of understand why they did this though, given that Ferrarri has an exclusive deal with Mattel's HotWheels brand to produce any toy likenesses of their vehicles. Thus Hasbro can't use the Ferrarri design. It's also why Mirage was called "Dino" in the film.

That's a rubbish excuse. Previously when Hasbro haven't had the rights to a vehicle, they design an approximation of that vehicle. Case in point - this very TF Cyberverse Mirage toy! It transforms into an _approximation_ of an Audio R8, and not an Audi R8 itself. That's because Hasbro couldn't secure the rights to the vehicle for ROTF Sideways.

Also, the existing Speed Star DOTM Mirage is already an approximation of a Ferrari 458 Italia. This proves that Hasbro CAN use an approximated Ferrari 458 Italia form for DOTM Mirage... they've just chosen not to! :( It's a conscious and deliberate choice from Hasbro, and _not_ something that was completely out of their hands. They could've given us a Deluxe Mirage... they just didn't want to.

<insert.swear.words>

A deluxe would have been cool! I would have preferred a Human Alliance toy though. Sadly this guy is going to end up in the footnotes of Transformers history as yet another disappointment.

That's a rubbish excuse. Previously when Hasbro haven't had the rights to a vehicle, they design an approximation of that vehicle. Case in point - this very TF Cyberverse Mirage toy! It transforms into an _approximation_ of an Audio R8, and not an Audi R8 itself. That's because Hasbro couldn't secure the rights to the vehicle for ROTF Sideways.

Also, the existing Speed Star DOTM Mirage is already an approximation of a Ferrari 458 Italia. This proves that Hasbro CAN use an approximated Ferrari 458 Italia form for DOTM Mirage... they've just chosen not to! :( It's a conscious and deliberate choice from Hasbro, and _not_ something that was completely out of their hands. They could've given us a Deluxe Mirage... they just didn't want to.

<insert.swear.words>

I never said that they didn't have other options, just that I understand the base reasons why they went in the direction they did.

Archived