TF Animated cartoon coming to hub in July

Shadowpanther

About 1/3 of Cybertron was straight repaints or else rehash from Energon/Armada

CGI was flawed

Cybertron also suffered from variable time slots

Imperfect translation that was altered by Hasbro due to 'needing to be more Western friendly'

Horrible Cyber Key placement resulting in subpar figures

Seems like Cybertron had it's own share of shelfwarmers. Figures like Backstop, Menasor and Override were part of that designation due to the fact they were HORRIBLE figures. You lose the Cyber Key and you're pretty much ass out on the toy's gimmick. The battle sequences on Cybertron were most times a joke. While Cybertron had it's good qualities, it also had some pretty bad ones.

I'm not saying Animated is perfect. Supreme OP was craptastic. Animated's one true flaw is that Hasbro botched it on multiple levels. The long delay between the show's debut and the toyline release was a major SNAFU. The CN/Hasrbo relationship didn't go well.

This could end up like the G1/BW arguements all over again. Waiting for your next line of defense, sir.

Yet Hasbro repeated the long delay with Prime also, So they didn't learn from it, or that is part of their marketing strategy now. I would say Strategy

Never saw Override or Menasor shelfwarm., but even if they did, Animated had way more figures that shelfwarmed

I disagree abut the loss of the cyber planet kep on most of the figures you can still use the gimmick without the key.

You had more realistic robot modes, and actual robots in Cybertron, while the animation was so convoluted in animated, that none of the robot modes or alt modes even made any sense. the robots were way too human in animated. and they took away the one thing that makes Optimus, Optimus, they replaced his faceplate and made him into a a teenager. I swore of the few I did see he and sentinel were going through puberty, neither one not even old enough to shave. Even Blackarachnia's story made no sense,even the whole thing about Sari was messed up and would force a really huge amount of disbelief.

Nah it wont end up in a G1/BW argument.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Many Soundwave figures in the initial Galaxy Force run had a serious misassembly issue preventing the toy from correctly transforming into fighter mode. The large hinge bar that connects the upper torso to the waist is bolted crookedly on one side, making it impossible for the legs and the canopy to properly form the front of the fighter.

From TFwiki

Many Soundwave figures in the initial Galaxy Force run had a serious misassembly issue preventing the toy from correctly transforming into fighter mode. The large hinge bar that connects the upper torso to the waist is bolted crookedly on one side, making it impossible for the legs and the canopy to properly form the front of the fighter.

From TFwiki

Again, what defect? come on Breaker mine has no defects, and TFWiki is notorious for having incorrect information.

So again Breaker what defect? so far what you have posted tells me it is different figure from what I have. because my Cybertron Soundwave has no issues, and my Galaxy Force Soundblaster has no issues their transformations

My question to all of you is, "who cares?"

You like your line, the other person likes the other line. It is true that Animated was very low on the totem pole of sales, which allowed the first movie's toys to hyperinflate Hasbro's earnings that year.

I actually couldn't deal with A/E/C as a cartoon, but some of the figures were quite nice. I particularly enjoyed the Cybertron Optimus Prime, but strongly disliked Crumplezone, which was just a hunk of cheap plastic to me.

At the end of the day, Animated has nice figures and as a show, it had its highlights; the same can be said for A/E/C. Can't we all just hug each other and sing kumbaya?

My question to all of you is, "who cares?"

You like your line, the other person likes the other line. It is true that Animated was very low on the totem pole of sales, which allowed the first movie's toys to hyperinflate Hasbro's earnings that year.

I actually couldn't deal with A/E/C as a cartoon, but some of the figures were quite nice. I particularly enjoyed the Cybertron Optimus Prime, but strongly disliked Crumplezone, which was just a hunk of cheap plastic to me.

At the end of the day, Animated has nice figures and as a show, it had its highlights; the same can be said for A/E/C. Can't we all just hug each other and sing kumbaya?

Eh Dark Crumplezone was worse than Crumplezone

But I will agree on all of this

At least it was a civil debate, which I can be thankful for

Told you it wasn't going to turn into a G1/BW argument or better known as Truk/not monkey debate. that one I could really careless about.

yeah i can't defend cybertron soundwave. his arm kibble was just awful and his poseability suffered from it

simply a 5 sequence transformation at most to transform the figure

More Cybertron toys fit that description than animated

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a Shockwave figure to play with and enjoy

yeah i can't defend cybertron soundwave. his arm kibble was just awful and his poseability suffered from it

simply a 5 sequence transformation at most to transform the figure

More Cybertron toys fit that description than animated

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a Shockwave figure to play with and enjoy

Your right animated better fits a 3 point transformation sequence, don't break your shockwave you know how that soft plastic breaks easily,

Ahhhhhhhh...Animated. How I miss you. Some things seem to just go on forever, while the very best are taken from us...

...while they are young.

Animated is the single best show I've seen outside of G1/S1. There have been other good/great shows (Beast Wars, TF: Prime), but only Animated was able to make the TF universe as fun now as it was back in '84 when this was all new. Only Animated could show me their wares ala Sofia Vergara, and make my jaw hit the floor. Only Animated could make me feel like a kid again and make me run to the T.V. set or to the store. This is a prescient proclamation right off the bat, because we are talking about a franchise that is supposed to be just that (FUN), before it is anything else.

Episode after episode after episode, Animated picked up the ball and did their best Barry Sanders impersonation, scoring touchdown after touchdown, and basically making the Bayverse look juvenile, sloppy and all-around inferior by comparison. Animated told a very complex story in spite of all the flak the show gets, and made certain characters relevant again. This show made me love both Optimus Prime and Ratchet--characters I previously hated. It somehow made me love Starscream, Shockwave and Megatron even more. It introduced elements into the TF universe that have been or will become canonical. I almost cannot imagine any other iteration of Shockwave, Ratchet or Blitzwing being as unique and awesome as they were in Animated. For all the flak the designs get, the Animated mechs looked more alien than any other iteration of the TFs by virtue of the fact that they were so organic in appearance, and yet were able to transform--TRANSFORM, not MORPH--into a standard, earth-borne vehicle. Animated also did something other incarnations of the TF Universe are unable or unwilling to do:

Be different. Be unique.

It had something for the fan who has been one since '84 or just became one in 2012, and I strongly suspect that this is because the show was written by people who LOVE THE TRANSFORMERS. And that is not a feeling that I immediately get from almost every other iteration of the TF universe. The people who put the Animated universe together obviously loved TFs and loved what they were doing, which makes Animated, IMHO, the TF equivalent of a Zepp or Tool or Alice in Chains jam session. We just got to sit back and eavesdrop on the whole thing, and we saw a fair amount of magic taking place while we did so. I mean, Animated tied in every major (and even the lesser) iterations of the TF mythos together in one package, and they did it CONVINCINGLY. Animated did it with flair. Animated busted out those Jagger-like moves and got wicked on the dance floor and dropped that ill technique that makes me come back for more and more and more. Animated can do no wrong.

Insofar as the toys are concerned, the fact that we have an existing toyline (TF: Prime) that is (rightfully so) copying the Animated style of simple yet decetively complex transformations (and admittedly taking it to another level) is proof positive of the sheer genius of the Animated toyline. You cannot deny it, you cannot explain it any other way than the way I just did. They are channelling Animated, not the Bayverse, and Prime fans can count themselves fortunate--not because the Bayverse toys suck. They don't. I just think that the Animated/Prime take on what you can squeeze into one and how you can get a robot to turn into fill-in-the-blank vehicle while also disguising the robot mode is the much better take on the idea.

With all due respect for all those who were unimpressed with Animated or just plain did not like it, Animated to me was what the TFs are all about as a franchise, a hobby and a kickass diversion: fun and a push for originality to further the franchise as a collective whole.

Archived