Stand In Figures for CHUG

Dark_Supreme_Jetfire

I know there is an old topic buried somewhere that deals with this. But I am wanting to expand on the CHUG lines and I know some figures from other lines fit in nicely. So far there is only 3 figures right now that I can think of at this moment that I can add to my CHUG figures:

1. Cybertron Metroplex

2. Cybertron Laserbeak

3. Rotf Breakdown

4. BW Razorclaw. Repainted can make an excellent Octopunch, forget that UGLY BotCon figure

So who else have you added to your CHUG figures to expand?

In my fan opinion below:

I have a few GI Update homage new mold stand in's. until hasbro/Takara creates more G-1 themed ones. I honestly don't consider them CHUG stand in's nor do I place them on CHUG display shelves.

Here's my G-1 Stand in's list:

1- 2005 Cybertron Metroplex.

2- Super link Voyager & Energon Leader sized Galvatron toys. 2.0 Deluxe Galvatron is such a awful toy.

3- 2005 Cybertron Ultra Sized Scourge makes a decent 1989 Deathsaurus Stand in. yes,i'm aware of Botcon Deathsauras.

4- classics 1.0 Voyager ultra Magnus with 3rd party city commander armor.

5- Botcon Alpha Trion.

6- Botcon Cyclonus,a great alternative for those dreaming of a huge sized toy instead of a super tiny clasics 2.0 deluxe cyclonus toy.

7- fan projects warbot defender. even though I don't own one yet.

8- 2008 Animated arcee.

9- CR/RID 2000/2001 Super sized Ultra/God Magnus.

10- Energon/Cybertron Scorponok/Black Zarak. hopefully a 3rd party company makes a zarak headmaster,shield,red staff & double barrel weapons.

I don't do stand ins on any of my shelves except for my Shattered Universe shelf which is mostly Marvel and Star Wars, I usually take away certain figures as they do not belong on my ClassicVerse shelf

Pepsi Prime is on his own shelf, Soundwave is with G1, all of my MPs are on their own shelf. minicons in the trashcan. Cheetor and Dinobot are on the BW shelf. Hard Head has been hanging out on the 3rd party shelf since his upgrade along with Protector and City Commander

Let's see . . .

Cybertron Red Alert is my G1 Ratchet, because I can't stand the Universe Ironhide/Ratchet mold.

Cybertron Smokescreen is G1 Smokey, because I felt he was good enough and I didn't like the Uni mold enough to buy it a 3rd time.

Warbot Defender is Springer. Although since that's actually the intent of that toy, I'm not sure it counts as a stand-in . . .

DOTM Powerglide is G1 PG, because I loathe the Universe toy (especially the shoulders.)

Energon Megatron is Galvatron - I prefer the original colors over the those of the Galvatron release.

Ruination occasionally stands in for Bruticus.

RTS Prime may eventually end up as Ginrai.

Personally, I hate mixing continuities if I can help it. Any Classics, Universe, Reveal the Shield go together for me. The only 6 figures outside these lines I have displayed are: BTS Spray for my Sea Spray, MW-Minions are my Rumble and Frenzy, I added the 2007 Fracture in because it uses the classics Mirage mold and since it's a Gobots homage and they were around the time of G1 Transformers, Banzaitron because he just looks bad ass, and I added Universe Blackarachnia because she is one of my favorites of all time, and although it's not the same "Universe" continuity, I just did it. Other than that, all other third parties are on their own shelf, MPs are on their own shelves, then my Prime RIDs share a shelf with misc. favorites Transformers. With my limited space; however, I concentrate on displaying my CHUGs. I do find it kind of weird, how Deep Dive is RTS, yet Sea Spray goes with the movie line. Same goes for Fallback and Brawn. I want to add my Voyager Sea Spray, but feel guilty with it being a movie line toy.....LOL. Just my 2 cents.

G1 Laserbeak makes a good Laserbeak. Its show accurate and has pretty decent articulation. :/

Personally, I hate mixing continuities if I can help it. Any Classics, Universe, Reveal the Shield go together for me. The only 6 figures outside these lines I have displayed are: BTS Spray for my Sea Spray, MW-Minions are my Rumble and Frenzy, I added the 2007 Fracture in because it uses the classics Mirage mold and since it's a Gobots homage and they were around the time of G1 Transformers, Banzaitron because he just looks bad ass, and I added Universe Blackarachnia because she is one of my favorites of all time, and although it's not the same "Universe" continuity, I just did it. Other than that, all other third parties are on their own shelf, MPs are on their own shelves, then my Prime RIDs share a shelf with misc. favorites Transformers. With my limited space; however, I concentrate on displaying my CHUGs. I do find it kind of weird, how Deep Dive is RTS, yet Sea Spray goes with the movie line. Same goes for Fallback and Brawn. I want to add my Voyager Sea Spray, but feel guilty with it being a movie line toy.....LOL. Just my 2 cents.

Don't feel bad about it, I did that with my Sea Spray. Then MakeToy's came out with the Powerglide/Sea Spray 2-pack which I got. I bought the Hot House Reprolabel's for Hasbro's 1st Powerglide release. I support 3rd Party figures and gladly mix them in with my CHUG figures as that is why they were made in the 1st place.

Let's see.

Energon Omega Supreme

Device label Ravage

Energon Megatron as Galvatron

FE two pack TFP Starscream as Slipstream

G1 Insecticons

G1 Soundwave and Lazerbeak

TFP NYCC Arcee

As soon as I can aquire one. I'll be using a TFP vehicon as a classics version of Armada Sideways

ROTF Lockdown

Can't remember anymore right now

Let's see.

Energon Omega Supreme

Device label Ravage

Energon Megatron as Galvatron

FE two pack TFP Starscream as Slipstream

G1 Insecticons

G1 Soundwave and Lazerbeak

TFP NYCC Arcee

As soon as I can aquire one. I'll be using a TFP vehicon as a classics version of Armada Sideways

ROTF Lockdown

Can't remember anymore right now

The Lockdown mold is so awesome. I have the Axor version too and have been debating on throwing him in the mix as well.

Archived