Tokyo Toy Show 2012 Recap - Masterpiece Dominates with MP-13 Soundwave, Prime On the Fringe w/ Darkness Megatron, Jet Vehicon

Peter_Van

transformers-masterpiece-mp-13-soundwave%20(2)__scaled_100.jpg
It was Takara Tomy's turn to shine at this weekend's Tokyo Toy Show, and they did not disappoint. While Transformers Masterpiece MP-12 Lambor (Sideswipe), MP-13 Soundwave, and MP-14 Red Alert showed up on retailer websites prior to Takara's announcements on stage, the designers still offered enough information to keep it fresh. Of course, the Masterpiece stuff dominated, with previews up Soundwave's upcoming cassettes Ravage, Rumble, and Frenzy, and additional views of Lambor. We get additional information from Transformers Prime figures, including looks at AM-15 Darkness Megatron and AM-16 Jet Vehicon. Jump into the full article for a recap and gallery. Read the Full News Story Here

Definitely getting Soundwave, I like how Dark Megatron looks so I will have to get him with the 3 Jet Vehicons I was already going to buy. Though I could do without the purple wings

I'll get sounders. I guess Starscream will have to lead my MP Decepticons though

Got a translation from an excellent source for that 'Jet Vehicon':

Transformers Prime

Arms “Micron Series” AM-16

Jet Beacon

I'm sure Hasbro will just keep the generic 'Vehicon' name (that is, if they even release him).

P.S. I'm jonesin' for MP Soundwave!!

I love the TFP Wave 3 Rid deluxe Vechicon. I don't like the TFP Deluxe Jet Vehicon.

I love those new mold TFP Takara Microns. wish I could buy them all at Hasbro cheap usa retail store prices.

I'll be buying the Hasbro version on the takara mp-12,mp-13 & mp-14 in 2013. because hasbro will charge 75% than takara.

I love the Takara TFP Darkness rising voyager megatron color scheme. but not enough to pay 75% more than hasbro's usa retail price.

I hope someone at Hasbro is noticing the similarities between the Vehicon's (land and jet) and two rather obscure autobots so that they could at the very least be repainted, given new heads, and sold either in stores or as convention exclusives as the Autobot Clones!

I hope someone at Hasbro is noticing the similarities between the Vehicon's (land and jet) and two rather obscure autobots so that they could at the very least be repainted, given new heads, and sold either in stores or as convention exclusives as the Autobot Clones!

OMG,This is just a brillant idea.

Got a translation from an excellent source for that 'Jet Vehicon':

Transformers Prime

Arms “Micron Series” AM-16

Jet Beacon

I'm sure Hasbro will just keep the generic 'Vehicon' name (that is, if they even release him).

P.S. I'm jonesin' for MP Soundwave!!

The Takara FE Vehicon was called Beacon already....

HLJ canceled my preorder for him...

I wonder what this MP Sideswipe looks like next to MP01 and some of the Alternator figures. I am going to get Soundwave for sure as well as SS and RA. Glad I got rid of my Hasbro MP SS, going to get the new one now.....wonder what other MP figures are on the drawing board after these guys...oh and by the way...anyone know if they will have real rubber tires?

Archived