More to the fan made MP vs official toys...

Backfire

http://forums.TFormers.com/talk/index.php?app=gallery&image=21186

Ok boys and girls, now we have a side by side with the newly released MP smaller prime, along with the Soundwave and Sideswipe prototypes.

In addition to that, someone just posted picts of the same smaller MP Prime and the new MP Ironhide fan product. Which I was not going toget at all since it did not fit in the classics toy line, but it's looking totally on par with the samesize as sideswipe here!

Buy the fan made products to keep SideSwipe companynow, or wait a couple years for Takara to release them???

Who is up for robbing a bank so we can buy all these freaking toys?

I tried to take things one step further. There is a side by side of the not Ironhide with the classics Ironhide. SO to get the scale of the cassettes that are made for MP Soundwave I attempted to take a classics hound, and match it up with the classics ironhide, standing next to the classics ravage, which is scale with the original cassettes...

breath.

It's very hard to tell, but they might be a tad bigger than the original tapes.

Unclearly, the ravage shown in the display may be a scale size bigger than the original.

My honest fan opinion below:

1- I'm in no rush to get the Takara versions. I prefer to get the Hasbro versions because their 75%+ less money than Takara's versions.

2- With 3rd party prices being so high. I can't afford them all. So I only get the ones I really want & have been desiring for ages.

3- Most the 3RD party TF toys I buy are the ones I know Hasbro/Takara will never create or take 5+years to create. I bought protector & city commander because these will never ever get made by Hasbro. I couldn't wait 5+years for takara to make the riffle guns extension kit for MP-05 Megatron,So I bought the 3rd party one. I really wanted G-1 styled energon combiner limbs for swindle & blastoff,hasbro had no desire to make them,so I bought the 3rd party ones.

The Ironhide and Ratchet look totally awesome, but it's the buttload of accessories that really makes me want them. However, the price is a bit out of the ballpark for me.

I also plan to wait for Hasbro on the new MP figures. Honestly, none of these MP transformers have really made me want to go out and overpay for the Takara versions. Even if it seems like it was something I'd like to do at the time, as soon as the Hasbro versions get announced at a much more reasonable price, all I'll think about is all the figures the difference would have bought me. And it will drive me CRAZY!

Archived