MasterPiece BeastWars toys,anyone want them?

Shadowpanther

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you mean like having a cheetor toy with real fur?

Or Dinobot with rubbery skin?

Naw, the more detailed you get with a BW character, the less plausable the whole concept becomes.

I donno. I think there's something there with the fur on Maximals. Somehow becomes a tad bit cooler. Something like a velore overlay over the plastic parts and die casting for the metal parts in TM2 Masterpieces I can totally dig. The problem with fur I feel is that I'd that anything that was more fabric in nature in toys will probably fade away after time.

You would definitely have to use synthetic fur, another problem is dust, it is harder to get it out of the fur, unless you are going to give the figure a bath and I wouldn't do that

I wouldn't want hasbro/takara to use real fur because it's exspensive & cruel to animals. I originally wanted synthetic fur on MP BW TF toys.

Later on in this thread. I re-thought the idea & decided against synthetic fur for mammals & fake rubbery skin for reptiles. due to all the moving parts & transformation. I didn't think the synthetic fur/rubber skin could handle the stress of playing with MP BW toys.

My newer MP BW toy idea. was to just sculpt the plastic for the beast modes for mammals using thick layers & ridges to make the MP BW beast modes seem more realistic.

Do you mean like having a cheetor toy with real fur?

Or Dinobot with rubbery skin?

Naw, the more detailed you get with a BW character, the less plausable the whole concept becomes.

I donno. I think there's something there with the fur on Maximals. Somehow becomes a tad bit cooler. Something like a velore overlay over the plastic parts and die casting for the metal parts in TM2 Masterpieces I can totally dig. The problem with fur I feel is that I'd that anything that was more fabric in nature in toys will probably fade away after time.

You would definitely have to use synthetic fur, another problem is dust, it is harder to get it out of the fur, unless you are going to give the figure a bath and I wouldn't do that

I wouldn't want hasbro/takara to use real fur because it's exspensive & cruel to animals. I originally wanted synthetic fur on MP BW TF toys.

Later on in this thread. I re-thought the idea & decided against synthetic fur for mammals & fake rubbery skin for reptiles. due to all the moving parts & transformation. I didn't think the synthetic fur/rubber skin could handle the stress of playing with MP BW toys.

My newer MP BW toy idea. was to just sculpt the plastic for the beast modes for mammals using thick layers & ridges to make the MP BW beast modes seem more realistic.

I can see that, though you also just described Big Convoy molding wise minus the thick layers that would just get in the way. Honestly they just need to go with the Big Convoy way for BW Masterpiece

Well if you had to bathe them, then the Megatron should come with his rubber duck

No... The Rubber Duck deserves it's own Masterpiece figure!

Well if you had to bathe them, then the Megatron should come with his rubber duck

No... The Rubber Duck deserves it's own Masterpiece figure!

LMAO! BOUGHT ON SITE!!

Archived