MP Soundwave's - Fan Product VS Takara...

Backfire

This MP Soundwave just wrecked me.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazon Japan has discounted the pre-order price for Soundwave down to the equivalent of $150 (much better than the $210 RRP). :) So I've already preordered mine. :D As for Starscream, yeah, I skipped that toy since I already have MP03 and Hasbro's TRU Starscream. Although I have pre-ordered Masterpiece Sunstorm, so I'll have a copy of this mould w/ coronation kit (albeit different colours), and it'll be a new character. :)

The new Starscream is just the old SS retooled a little and comes with the "coronation kit", so if you already have an older MP SS, you don't need this new MP SS.

you mean this isn't the droid I'm looking for???

I think the Headmasters and Targetmasters would generate a good buzz. Hasbro's Hot Rod is basically in Targetmaster form so it isn't a far-fetched idea. Not too sure about the Pretenders. The Triplechangers would be considered a feat of next gen engineering if they ever made an Astrotrain & Blitzwing.

The new Starscream is just the old SS retooled a little and comes with the "coronation kit", so if you already have an older MP SS, you don't need this new MP SS.

you mean this isn't the droid I'm looking for???

Oh my god, that's too funny. Seriously though, I read that somewhere that the newest SS will just be a slightly retooled older version with an included coronation kit. Even if it is a different SS, the older version is pretty close to scale with Grimlock and Rodimus and really you don't need a new one if you have the older one. You can save that money for a different MP. Just my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 100% certain that Acoustic wave was cancelled just prior to the MP Soundwave full reveal, it would not be very intelligent to release it now since the official version can do everything the fan made one can do better, like holding 3 cassettes at once. Top that off with probably a very slim difference in price, and I'll be happy with my Takara MP.

Blaster and the Autobot cassettes on the other hand?....yes please.

Archived