MP Soundwave's - Fan Product VS Takara...

Backfire

I only buy 3rd party when Hasbro and Takara ignore the fans, which is why I own Warbot Defender, Knight Morpher, and the Protector and City Commander upgrades. IGear has the MP Faith Leader, but with my MP's I see no point in buying anything from their PP series. which are just bootleg MP's . Now their minivehicles I might start buying because Hasbro and Takara are not bothering with them.

:agree. My reasons exactly!!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am borrowing this pict from http://www.collecticon.org/

Its of this third party soundwave and laserbeak side by side with takara's soundwave and laserbeak.

"acoustic wave"

There is also a blaster out there, on par with acoustic wave. So these could be available long before Takara's official MP.

I can't even decide which I like better, the fan made or the official laserbeak. Both look pretty good.

I think the fan made version is more geared to the original toys, while the Takara one hits the charcters from the show.

just go to google images search and type in masterpiece soundwave or blaster and there's tons of pictures.

I can't wait to see more picts of the other cassettes.

Really wish we knew the size of the takara tapes. BOTH the fan company and takara see to be coming out with versions of the original 3 molds Takara's pict shows a gray rumble with guns, while the fan product shows blacked out versions of the bot tapes with the pile drivers on.

Until I know more, my oversized KO G1 soundwave works for me.

MP Blaster looks good, Though that 3rd party Soundwave is starting to gorw on me, even though I know we will never see it now.

This picture is a mystery and a mennance!

New Starscream, I am NOT buying that. We JUST get TC coming out in the states and they make another SS?

So the fan Soundwave they show is on par with the older Starscream, so this new one is about the same as the new SS and Oppy.

And the cassettes are looking good, I'm still not sure on what scale they are, but they could be all new sized.

I wonder if the KO oversized tapes will match them in scale?

If the MP Soundwave does come out with all 3 or 4 tapes, pushing the $200 mark, right now I would get that.

There may still be hope to see the fan made product to be produced, or they could change gears and get blaster out, at least a year before Takara.

DID the fan products prompt Takara to step it up with the MP line for us???

Right now, I think having Sideswipe, and Mimi MP Prime would be the start of the ultimate collectors grade collection.

Archived