MP Soundwave's - Fan Product VS Takara...

Backfire

I pulled picts of both and did a side by side yesterday. I have to say it's a tough call which to buy over the other.

NEW pictures of the Takara official release show Rumble, Ravage and Laserbeak, so it has a HUGE edge over the 3rd Party...

HOWEVER, the 3rd party has shown the scale, and DOES work with the original cassettes, and we already haanve a new Ravage that works well with that, thank you hastak. So we don't know what size the new Takara version will be.

I'm also not sure about the price tags, pre-purchase for Takara's is upwards of $170!!! OUCH! If that comes with at least all 3 cassettes then OK, but sold seperately for say, $50 a piece I'll have to sell a kidney or get into a 5 year payment plan!

Fan Made toy also has a Blaster coming out, same scale. And its coming SOON, as opposed to at least a year from now for Takara, IF at all.

Comparrison wise, in the side by side, IF the scale of the Takara toy is on par with the MP seekers, as the 3rd party is, or bigger (could those cassettes be normal cassette sized???) I have to say the Takara toy is a better toy.

Why? Looking at the tape deck mode, the detail is better, the shoulders look better, the pin stripes coming off the tape door and flowing into the speakers look better. Hiding the leg kibble in robot mode looks better. It looks to be just as pose-able as the 3rd party toy. Now the joints for the legs might be more flimzy, but this is TAKARA dang it! The material HAS to be better than the fan made stuff! As long as he can pivot at the mid section and point with the finger, it should be better than the fan made toy.

Still really tough. Price tag might be 1/2 what the official toy is running for (through import stores with another mark up).

Are there 3rd party tapes coming out?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thought that "MP" Soundwave got cancelled?

And i would always rather buy an official product over a third party product, anyway. no matter the cost....

Me too. The only time I buy a third party product is when Hasbro/Takara don't make it or the third party's looks better, ie. Knight Morpher Commander.

MP Soundwave is a great example of how we will always choose an official product over a 3rd party product.

:agree

I only buy 3rd party when Hasbro and Takara ignore the fans, which is why I own Warbot Defender, Knight Morpher, and the Protector and City Commander upgrades. IGear has the MP Faith Leader, but with my MP's I see no point in buying anything from their PP series. which are just bootleg MP's . Now their minivehicles I might start buying because Hasbro and Takara are not bothering with them.

I cant remember what that third party SW looked like. Can you ost pics again, backfire?

This is the first proto type of 3rd party Soundwave. Later on,Fan Toys redesigned the proto type

http://www.seibertron.com/images/toys/uploads/1311174662_DSC08119.jpg

This page shows the redesigned 3rd party Fan Toys Soudwave next to the first proto type soundwave. http://bkbn.net/profiles/blog/show?id=6417052%3ABlogPost%3A319645&commentId=6417052%3AComment%3A320018&xg_source=activity

Now I remember that 3rd party Soundwave, the only question is, will Fan Toys decide to continue on with Soundwave and take the chance of a huge flop or stop right now and look at some other figure to work on.?

Honestly, I think 3rd Parties need to start looking at later G1 Transformers, Sine most of the season 1 is being redone by Takara and Hasbro or has already been done.

I think they need to start looking at some of the following

Headmasters, Targetmasters, or the ultimate test. Pretenders, that should be the next focus, bring the shelf back and find a way to get the shell to pose with the Transformer inside.

Or work on other figures that could be MP but stand a less chance of being made by Hasbro or Takara, like the rest of the Dinobots, Special Teams Leaders.

Archived