Sunstreaker? using MP-Lambor mold? I say no.

Shadowpanther

I don't think it's possible for Takara/Hasbro. to turn the MP-12 Lambor mold into a repainted/remolded Sunstreaker.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11477&mode=retail&picture=aux2

I've been studying this BBTS.com pic of MP-12 Lambor's robot back view & here's some sunstreaker conversion problems I see:

1- it looks like the lambor robot back part that would become sunstreakers's front robot chest. is sticking out a few inches from the waist plate & the legs.

2- it appears the robot arms,take some of the lambor back/sunstreaker chest sides/doors with it. making the chest have hollow gaps that can be seen thru on the sides.

3- the back robot legs are inches away from the lambor back/sunstreaker chest.

4- The lambor back/sunstreaker's chest is too long & extends over the robot back waist plate. this will have restricted range of movement in the hip joints for Sunstreaker's sitting poses.

5- I don't see any detail on MP Lambor's robot back arms & upper back legs/thighs. to make the sunstreaker robot mode look decent.

6- Since the lambor arms appear to take the sides of sunstreakers chest with it. I don't see how these can be swapped from left to right for the sunstreaker conversion toy.

7- I noticed the Robot back part of lambor's back head isn't close enough to sunstreaker's chest.

8- Lambor's robot back,which would become sunstreaker's robot chest. appears to have to many hollow gaps in it. similar to DOTM $29.99 Human alliance Leadfoot's Robot chest,with all the hollow gaps under/in it.

I don't think you even need to think that far into it. There are only 2 things to consider here:

1. The guy running Masterpeice for Tomy says the new thing is to make things as accurate as possible. This is one reason why they are making the toys in scale.

2. Directly related to point 1, Sunstreaker looks different than Lambor and has a different transformation.

Now, is it possible that Sunstreaker would be made by retooling Lambor? Sure. I'd expect some common parts between the two.

I don't think you even need to think that far into it. There are only 2 things to consider here:

1. The guy running Masterpeice for Tomy says the new thing is to make things as accurate as possible. This is one reason why they are making the toys in scale.

2. Directly related to point 1, Sunstreaker looks different than Lambor and has a different transformation.

Now, is it possible that Sunstreaker would be made by retooling Lambor? Sure. I'd expect some common parts between the two.

Interesting points.

They can already get all 5 variations of this mold, Sun could give us 3 or 4. I think they can make enough money off us with these 5 to warrant another mold for sun.

Sideswipe

Red Alert

Clamp Down

G2 Sideswipe

Tiger Tracks

Sun would grant us

Sunstreaker

Red Sun

Police Sun

Black Sun

In the classics universe line, I have all the Sideswipe variants listed, still working on the red sunstreaker, you'd think it would be easy, but where do I get a decent sideswipe and the head to swap??? I have 4 junker Sun's and only 1 has a head. SOB!!!!

They can already get all 5 variations of this mold, Sun could give us 3 or 4. I think they can make enough money off us with these 5 to warrant another mold for sun.

Sideswipe

Red Alert

Clamp Down

G2 Sideswipe

Tiger Tracks

Sun would grant us

Sunstreaker

Red Sun

Police Sun

Black Sun

In the classics universe line, I have all the Sideswipe variants listed, still working on the red sunstreaker, you'd think it would be easy, but where do I get a decent sideswipe and the head to swap??? I have 4 junker Sun's and only 1 has a head. SOB!!!!

If Takara creates a new MP TF mold for Sunsteaker. they can give us a wheeljack repaint/remold using the MP Sunstreaker toy mold. as both of them have the lamborgini car roof as their robot chest

They could re-tool/use molds... and make wheeljack out of sunstreaker. BUT I would prefer they get the clearance to use 30 year old dead car designs and make ALL the old school G1 car's as they were.

WE have the classics line to reuse and cleaverly slightly reverse the toys to get different characters.

This is probably THE LAST shot at the PERFECT Transformers collection. I highly doubt they will ever make a better version of the original Sideswipe.

No movie influences

no cheap short cuts, the repaints they can get out of each mold is enough already

no substitutions of different car models

No dumming down the pose-ability

no skipping the details

and don't skimp on the extras, like a tow line and speakers for jazz, rocket pack for side swipe, things like that!

As for the use of die-cast parts. I don't care. I have a TON of the Binaltech/Alternators toys, and it really does not make any difference to me what they are made of. If it keeps the cost down, plastic all the way! (Besides it's a Lambor, they are fiberglass bodies anyway)

I REALLY was not going to even consider getting Sideswipe, or Soundwave, but after seeing them with the new MP prime, and the fact that Prime is coming out in the US, I'm looking forward to seeing these in person.

And one last thing. One word. One important word. A word that I want to see for the next MP mold to come around, besides MP Blaster...

PROWL!

Not a nison, honda, subaru, accura or anything in the likes.

Datsun Fairlady Z!

And dare I even ask for a Blue one????

If Takara creates a new MP TF mold for Sunsteaker. they can give us a wheeljack repaint/remold using the MP Sunstreaker toy mold. as both of them have the lamborgini car roof as their robot chest

That could be possible for them to have similar transformation sequences, but you must know that Wheeljack is a Lancia.

Sideswipe

Red Alert

Clamp Down

G2 Sideswipe

Tiger Tracks

Sun would grant us

Sunstreaker

Red Sun

Police Sun

Black Sun

...but those characters (Wheeljack/Sunstreaker/Sideswipe) did not share molds insofar as their G1 toys are concerned. MP is all about making the figures bear the closest possible resemblance to their overall G1 appearance. Doing that would likely compromise the whole deal.

But, concerning characters who did share molds:

@Backfire: I feel you. That would all but ensure a MP Smokescreen, which would make me very happy...but not as happy as the prospect--however likely or unlikely--that MP will render The Treatment to at least everyone from G1:S1. With Megs, Soundwave, Laserbeak and the MP Seekers, the Decepticons knocked out a big chunk of the S1 roll. All they'd really have to do produce Reflector (pLEEEEEAASE?!?), Rumble, Ravage, Frenzy and Buzzsaw. I'm wondering also if they plan on scrapping the original MP Megatron mold and starting from scratch?

I might be the only one wishing it, but Trailbreaker was (*officially) my first ever TF, and I am dearly hoping the Toy Gods smile upon us all so that one day soon, a MP Trailbreaker will be produced.

It's enough to make me gamble on forgoing any efforts to rebuild my existing G1 collection and just making damn certain that I get every MP figure.

I'm already dreaming about the a G1 MP collection. Since Wheeljack is my favorite Autobot, hence my name, it's either a Lancia Stratus Trubo or nothing at all. The same mechanics and transformation will do between Sunstreaker and Wheeljack until you get to the head and arms and of course Sunstreaker's exposed engine.

Maybe we'll get lucky and get a Prowl that comes with a Chip Chase, a Bluestreak with Auggie and Smokescreen with a slot machine.

Archived