Your Bottom 10!

Goktimus Prime

I'm going to try and do this by memory just so i can join in on the fun!

7) Universe Galvatron- what a hot mess here. falls apart and can't even stand up.

Oh wow, how could I forget Universe Galvatron? I guess that's how bad he is, I forgot that I had him.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:agree worst thing is, I uave TWO versions of uni Galvatron, and still forgot to list him

Me too, the single carded version and the one from that set that has Cyclonus and Hot Rod. :tflaugh

Tough list for me to make seeing that I tend to find something worth liking in just about every figure.

In no particular order here...

Armada Scavenger- A really good character done completely wrong in toy form. This would be IMO a good candidate for a new mold someday. A big block of green plastic with limited arms and head just didn't cut it. The minicon was better!

Armada Sideswipe- What can I add that hasn't already been said to death about this figure. All the repaints it got just made it that much more infuriating.

Cybertron Menasor- I don't know, I guess I just didn't get this one. I thought there were some awesome figures in this line and we all had much higher hopes when we first heard there would be a Menasor, so the actual figure failed to meet anything close to what most had hoped for.

Cybertron Thundercracker- Could have been a terrific figure had the design been made a little better. The big gun arm sucked and the arms in general could have been a lot better. If the figure were to be redesigned with better arms/shoulders and the BFG is hand held instead being the arm, then it would be a sure winner.

Titanium Megatron (ver. 1)- Just a sloppy mess. Didn't look horrible, but good luck getting the parts to stay on.

Movie 1 Voyager Megatron- Just not a very good design.

PCC Double Clutch- Just pure crap! I don't say that a whole lot, but that is one horrid turd.

MP Rodimus Prime- I don't think the trailer would have saved it for Hasbro, it was just a really lousy design. There just isn't a whole lot good to say other than the targetmaster was pretty good.

Human Alliance Sideswipe- What really irks me here is that this gets a couple of repaints while we never got any Mudflap that hit mass retail and which I never found at discount chains either. Articulation sucked, kibble sucked, and gimmicks were lame. This should have been a much better figure.

Universe Galvatron- I transformed him once, and NEVER again!

I'm going to try and do this by memory just so i can join in on the fun!

7) Universe Galvatron- what a hot mess here. falls apart and can't even stand up.

Oh wow, how could I forget Universe Galvatron? I guess that's how bad he is, I forgot that I had him.

He was going to go on my list, but at the last moment I put Prime RID Bumblebee on there. I should have though. He's a piece of crap and not worthy of the Galvatron name.

IMO Universe Galvatron was a bad execution of a reasonably good idea. It was too ambitious for its size -- should've either been a Voyager, or they should've simplified it as a Deluxe.

I just checked ebay,Amazon.com & Ioffer.com,I didn't see any mega sized Tobias hawk animorphs toys listed on these sites. I saw a few deluxe tobias hawk fgures & other figures but no mega sized tobias hawk.

usually low volume stuff always sells decent regardless if the entire toy line is selling poorly on the secondary maket.

Their is no animorphs mega sized tobias currently on ebay. becaus their aren't that many to go around. some are hording them. others might have bought them for kids & their long destroyed.

Or possibly (probably) because so few people bought them while they were shelfwarming (for YEARS) that there's now a limited supply on the secondary market. This often happens with less popular figures. Look at say G1's Autobot Rescue Force. They're quite tricky to find now on the secondary market, but if you do, they're not expensive. I passed them all up when they were in stores, but I've managed to collect 3/4 of them on the secondary market, just because I happened to stumble upon them for fairly cheap prices. I still need "Leozak" which I've yet to find, but if I did I'm not prepared to pay more than a few dollars for it.

And sometimes you come across toys that are in low supply on the secondary market and there may not be a high demand for them, but some stupid sellers will jack the prices up anyway, because there's little competition in terms of sellers. And we often see them in the later G1 toys like Rescue Force. Or look at the Action Master Elites (I've seen and handled them IRL, they are both crap _and_ f'ugly) or G2 Power Masters (*shudder*) -- these toys pegwarmed when they were out (I remember still finding G2 Power Masters at TRU as late as 1998/99!) but might fetch exaggerated prices on the secondary market simply because there's a limited supply of them because so few people bought them. Also, some of the later G1 toys were also produced in smaller production runs (as Transformers sales were dwindling at the time).

Their is a demand for this animorphs mega sized tobias hawk figure.

Just because a toy is hard to find and can go for high prices doesn't necessarily mean that there's high demand for it per se. For example, someone could put Omega Spreem on eBay and maybe a small number of people might place large bids on it and it sells for a big price. Doesn't mean it's a high demand figure per se, it just means that the few people who would want this POS toy were willing to pay a lot for it.

I don't have Mega Tobias/Hawk, but I have the Deluxe. Deluxe Tobias/Hawk is my favourite (or least hated ;)) of the Animorphs -- judging from pictures of the Mega, the Deluxe looks way better. Deluxe Tobias is the best engineered because the human mode actually looks the most human - his head, body, arms, hands, legs and feet all look human! - and he has a reasonably solid hawk mode. Sure, you can see the wings folded on his back in human mode, but at least it's tucked away at the back -- one can suspend disbelief enough to believe he's human. It's LOADS better than any other Animorph Transformer toy that are more like mutant were-people, including Mega Tobias! Aside from being grossly unpopular, even amongst the few kids that might have been interested in buying Animorph toys... imagine you have a choice of two Tobias toys. Both transform into hawks. The cheaper Deluxe looks better and is cheaper. Which are you gonna buy? :roll Jake's also special as a Deluxe Animorph TF because all of his parts are self-contained. Other Deluxe Animorphs have detachable accessories that are part of their transformation and have nowhere to go in human form (and are thus easily lost). Boxed Animorph toys have self-contained parts too, but Deluxe Tobias/Hawk is one of the few (if only) toy to feature this level of engineering as a cheaper and smaller Deluxe toy. Totally ordinary by normal Transformers standards, but exemplary by Animorphs standards (or lack thereof ;)).

4) BW Retrax- what do i do with the arms?!!?

Have a hug? :P Yeah, Retrax is one of the thankfully few examples of Beast Wars toys whose engineering has been hampered by an over-dominating gimmick. The gimmick does work really nicely in beast mode though, but it sucks in robot mode.

1) Universe Ironhide- vehicle mode looks horrible and her can't even look his buddies in the eye!

I don't mind the vehicle mode. Universe Ironhide/Ratchet was a very ambitious idea, because they're trying to mimic the G1 cartoon model into a toy... and remember that the G1 cartoon model CHEATS by completely ignoring the laws of physics and reality! Essentially the cartoon model is the core robot but tweaked with a more humanoid body shape and defined heads. But the rest of the vehicle which becomes the mobile gun emplacement/battle platform just disappears into thin air! In fact, the only time we see it is for a brief second in "More Than Meets The Eye, Part 1" ...other than that, we NEVER see that thing again! And Ironhide's never makes an appearance at all - the closest we saw was in "More Than Meets The Eye, Part 2," when Bumblebee used Ironhide's missile launcher (portrayed as a powerful laser drill), then again in "More Than Meets The Eye, Part 3," when Ironhide and Bluestreak chased the Decepticons. Other than that, we never see any hint that these combat decks exist! Ratchet and Ironhide just transform from Nissan Cherry vanettes into robots, with really the front portion of the vehicle transforming -- and the majority of the vehicle just vanishes into thin air!

While you might be able to get away with this in animation, you can't with a toy. All that vehicle components has to go somewhere, and there's only two ways to do this. You can either only have the front section detach and transform into a robot while the rest becomes a combat deck, like Energon Tow-Line (which was retooled/repainted as BotCon Ironhide and Ratchet), or if you don't want to have the combat deck, then it all needs to be incorporated into the robot. And HasTak chose to latter option with Universe/Henkei Ironhide and Ratchet in an attempt to make them more like the cartoon, since the cartoon essentially has the robot "absorb" the rest of the vehicle as they transform. So naturally they have to break up the rest of the vehicle in an attempt to incorporate it into the robot mode and minimise without making it a massive shellformer like say Cybertron Thunderblast. So when you take that into consideration and look at it in context of what they were trying to do with this toy... to make a toy represent a show model that defied reality when they very can't do so themselves, I find Universe/Henkei Ironhide and Ratchet to be impressively well engineered -- especially for toys of their size/price point. They're essentially like small and cheap Masterpieces but as Deluxes. I find them more satisfying than say MP Rodimus. My main gripe about those toys is, as you and others have said, the downward facing heads. That is annoying and there's absolutely no reason for it. But the rest of the toy I find quite awesome. :D

That Animorphs Mega sized Tobias figure is extremly in demand & highly desirable. because it was made in low volume units & super hard to find at usa based Retail stores.

yeah $20 and no one buying or $9 or even $7 and no one is buying that is high demand alright :P

You sure your the not the only one that wants that POS? I honestly do not see how anything animorphs would even be considered high demand

36 results on eBay in the transformers section and only 1 has a bid of $4.64 and that is that stupid tri-rex, I see nothing about animoprhs to be considered high demand or even worth 1 cent. They are worse then Animated and BM IMO.

Plus they are not even transformers, the only reason Hasbro put that one the box was brand recognition that failed and Hasbro has even stated they are not Transformers, and regrets the whole mess it created.

I just checked ebay,Amazon.com & Ioffer.com,I didn't see any mega sized Tobias hawk animorphs toys listed on these sites. I saw a few deluxe tobias hawk fgures & other figures but no mega sized tobias hawk.

usually low volume stuff always sells decent regardless if the entire toy line is selling poorly on the secondary maket.

Their is no animorphs mega sized tobias currently on ebay. becaus their aren't that many to go around. some are hording them. others might have bought them for kids & their long destroyed.

Their is a demand for this animorphs mega sized tobias hawk figure.

No,I don't own any animorph toys & I dis-like the animorph toys.

Well they have no place in my collection, as they are not Transformers, and I have never seen one sell for a high price. What someone is charging compared to what someone is willing to pay is completely different. And I really wish sites like TFWiki, Transformerland, would drop them. While sites like BBTS, would keep them separate from the Transformers.

There's a Leader Class DotM Megatron toy???

No, that's my fault. Although I wish they had made one, and his design was worthy of a LC toy, I meant to say RotF LC Megatron.

I think G1 Megatron's a really nice toy. The robot mode is a bit gangly, but that's because he transforms from such a thin gun mode, and it's a damn awesome gun mode! G1 Megatron was excellent by 1984 standards - the Battlechargers were crap even by 1986 standards. IMO the main advantage that the Battlechargers have over the Jumpstarters is their alt modes. In terms of design and engineering I find the Jumpstarters to be more ambitious and satisfying. The robot modes are solid, stand well and the arms can at least move up and down. The Battlechargers have shoulder-mounted guns because their arms can't freakin' move, and the issue of slumping down after a few years, whereas the Jumpstarters can still stand well.

Characterwise... the Jumpstarters were members of the Wreckers, an elite Autobot commando/black-ops team. The Battlechargers were the Decepticon equivalent of Beavis and Butthead! What did they do when they came to Earth? They went on a national graffiti spree! :roll I like the Battlechargers as characters though -- they're such loveable goofballs... but I find the Jumpstarters to be more interesting. But anyway, this thread is meant to be looking at the Transformers as toys rather than characters -- and purely in that regard I personally find the Jumpstarters to be better made than Battlechargers.

G1 Megatron was my first Transformer given to me by my parents. I loved him then, and still love him now. I just feel he looks dorky. His facial features are too small on the canvas that is his face. For '80s status, yes he was a good toy. His alt mode is great and made my parents actually monitor me playing with him since they felt he was too realistic looking.

As for the battle chargers, they can be summed up in two ways. The first, is they look like modern day R2-D2s or second, they look like larger versions of the G1 mini bots. The designs are terrible, but they grew on me, and their alt modes are nice looking. As far as the standing up, all my G1 battle chargers stand straight up. The two Jumpstarters I got recently, one of them, the spring is weak. I do like that they have actual arms, unlike the battle chargers. TFCC remedies the battle charger situation by giving us decent Wheeljack repaints/retools.

As for the battle chargers, they can be summed up in two ways. The first, is they look like modern day R2-D2s

...that's lame of a Decepticon. :P May be fine for an Astromech droid who keeps falling over on set. ;)

As far as the standing up, all my G1 battle chargers stand straight up.

You're lucky. Mine were quite slumped by 1993 (possibly even earlier than that - especially Runamuck which I got before Runabout).

The two Jumpstarters I got recently, one of them, the spring is weak. I do like that they have actual arms, unlike the battle chargers.

The springs on my Jumpstarters are fine - what I have more of a problem with is the locking mechanism which doesn't release as well as they used to; I have to use excessive force the transform Topspin back to robot mode now. But back in 1985 they worked pretty well in terms of rolling and springing out to robot mode. The only thing that's always sucked about the Battlechargers is that they never landed on their feet; always toppled. The same would happen when I played with my friends' Battlechargers too... we could never get them to stop in a standing position.

Having said that, they seem to have improved on that gimmick. Armada Happy Meal Starscream uses the same gimmick, and he lands on his feet almost every time! I've noticed that they have these Jumpstarter like toys for Hasbro's Marvel figures too... I don't collect Marvel toys, but I'd be interested to hear how well the gimmick works on these toys.

TFCC remedies the battle charger situation by giving us decent Wheeljack repaints/retools.

...only that they're limited and expensive (-_-) I wish they could've been regular store toys -- they did Cybertron Runamuck as a regular store toy, why not for Generations?? I can understand really obscure characters like Stepper and Artfire being limited exclusive figures... but come on... Runabout and Runamuck appeared in the Anglophone G1 cartoon series!

You're lucky. Mine were quite slumped by 1993 (possibly even earlier than that - especially Runamuck which I got before Runabout).

I must have picked mine up from someone who didn't play with them that much.

...only that they're limited and expensive (-_-) I wish they could've been regular store toys -- they did Cybertron Runamuck as a regular store toy, why not for Generations?? I can understand really obscure characters like Stepper and Artfire being limited exclusive figures... but come on... Runabout and Runamuck appeared in the Anglophone G1 cartoon series!

If only they knew how much they were helping the profiteers by releasing these exclusives. I paid waaaaaaay too much for mine, but I justify it by the fact that I have only roughly a little over 300 transformers in my collection (used to have about 600). I'm at the point where I stopped buying G1s and don't even complete series. I just get the ones that interest me. So if I pay $150 for two that I REALLY like, that's how I justify it. Still, that's a lot for two toys worth $12 a piece!!!! These guys could have been sold in stores. I agree, they should make rare characters. I hadn't even heard of Artfire until that exclusive was announced.

Archived