do some G-1 TF toys need re-designs for newer homage toys?

Shadowpanther

Some of these ideas have been done and the rest are pretty dumb, in my fan opinion

For example,

Hotrod with a trailer that becomes armour... FP's Protector armour

Still would love to see where Hasbro would have taken this. Not everyone has the FP Armor. I know I'd buy a Hasbro version of the armor for Hot Rod and Magnus even though I have the Fansproject version in a heartbeat.

How about "Dino-Might" :argh :P

WIN!!

But Wxtintion or Rapture I ...might be able to live with. :tflaugh

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12- You left out the part of my reply,where I wanted this leader sized trypticon to transform into a city/attack back mode,a mechanical t-rex & robot mode. this idea isn't,Grimlock because he never transformed in a city/attack base mode.

Grimlock was never a gestalt member either, yo.

12- You left out the part of my reply,where I wanted this leader sized trypticon to transform into a city/attack back mode,a mechanical t-rex & robot mode. this idea isn't,Grimlock because he never transformed in a city/attack base mode.

He was in RID!

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Grimlock_%28RID%29

:D

He was in RID!

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Grimlock_%28RID%29

:D

Only in name :P

do some G-1 TF toys need re-designs for newer homage toys?

to sell better for todays kids/time era.

No not drastic redesigns. just slight tweaks but trying to keep the essence of the robot & alt mode designs.

Examples below:

3- How about giving fort max,a actual vechicle alt mode. instead of the city mode turned backward & called a space ship alt mode like takara's headmasters called it.

How about giving fort max a space ship alt mode that looks similar to the star wars star destroyer. the toy can still transform into what look like the 1987 fort max robot mode. city mode & attach base mode. colors can be the same. it can still be a double headmaster.

That's not a bad idea, although I'd ditch the base mode, as it was the ship mode in Headmasters.

5- How about giving 1986 Metroplex a water baser aircarft carrier alt mode. or a huge navy Battleship alt mode. instead of that ground based wheeled aircraft carrier alt mode. the toy could still transform into a similar looking metrople robot mode,a city/attack base mode & water based aircraft carrier alt mode.

Why an aircraft carrier? That has nothing to do with Metroplex. His third mode was a rolling battle platform, not a "wheeled aircraft carrier". Just make the original concept more posable and call it a day.

6- 1986 hotrod sports car that attaches to a trailer. the trailer can form armor pieces/suit of armor to turn the hotrod robot into a Leader sized super robot called Rodimus Prime.

In other words Classics Rodimus + Protector. :tfgrin Might be interesting to see what Hasbro could accomplish and still achieve a standard retail price point.

7- Release 4 deluxe sized G-1 dinobots & one voyager sized grimlock. That can combine to form a gestalt combiner.

No thank you. The Dinobots are badass enough; they don't need to combine.

8- Masterforce overlord. One Voyager sized tank that transforms into a lion. one voyager sized black stealth long jet that transforms into a dragon with wings. both the jet & tank combine to form a super robot called Overlord. maybe the beast modes can combine to form something that looks like 1986 skylyn's super beast mode. maybe repaint this into skylynx colors/persona.

Why add beast modes? I'd rather have a more stable version of the original Overlord's command base mode.

9- PMOP,instead of optimus folding up into a rubiks cube to fit into a suit of armor/trailer for the super robot mode. how about a stand up MP-10 Convoy. that comes with a PMOP styled trailer that breaks up into armor pieces like boots,forearms,back pack,chest & waist plate. maybe newer head. fold down shoulder canons. newer added weapons. similar in fashion to takara's Car robot Fireconvoy super sized toy.

This I could get behind.

11- How about making all duo-cons as tripple changers. or how about giving each duo con alt mode a animal mode that they can transform into. then having two vechicles combine to form a robot mode. the toys could be two basics or two deluxes that combine to form a deluxe or voyager sized robot mode.

Again, why add beast modes? The divide and conquer element of the Duocons, redone with modern engineering, would be enough of a selling point.

12- how about doing a leader sized trypticon toy with a added robot mode. it would transfotm from a mechanical T-rex,then into a robot mode. then plit in half like the 1986 toy to form a city/base mode. those who don't want a robot mode,can pretend it doesn't exist by not transforming it into robot mode. the robot mode can have beastial elements like claws under the robot fist & feet. a dinosaur skeleton outer helmet with a inner robot face inside. meelee weapons like a ball & chain,a huge sword.

No. Trypticon already has a robot mode - his T-Rex mode is his robot mode. Give him his original 3 modes - the T-Rex, city and battle platform were more interesting than another big humanoid robot. Adding a humanoid robot mode just makes him Grimlock with a city mode.

Archived