do some G-1 TF toys need re-designs for newer homage toys?

Shadowpanther

I suspose the G-1 1980'S solution to a 5 man dinobot combiner newer homage toys. would be to maybe do the 1989 TF Victory Dinoforce members that combine to form dinoking.

Honestly,As long as I get 5 mechanical dinosaurs/bots that combine to form a gestalt. I could care less what their names/persona's are

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suspose the G-1 1980'S solution to a 5 man dinobot combiner newer homage toys. would be to maybe do the 1989 TF Victory Dinoforce members that combine to form dinoking.

Honestly,As long as I get 5 mechanical dinosaurs/bots that combine to form a gestalt. I could care less what their names/persona's are

I just want one I can call Rapture,cause a Dinobot combiner would be more powerful than Predaking, who is the most powerful gestalt IMO.

The Beast just woud not fit, nor Frenzy Rumble's name for their combiner Extinction.

How about "Dave"?

Man... the reasons I'm hearing for wanting a Dinobot gestalt team are so lame, if they were any lamer this board would need to install accessibility ramps and a lift.

How about "Dave"?

Man... the reasons I'm hearing for wanting a Dinobot gestalt team are so lame, if they were any lamer this board would need to install accessibility ramps and a lift.

Then go buy the PCC Dinobots and call him Dave, or even better call him Bob

How about "Dave"?

Then go buy the PCC Dinobots and call him Dave, or even better call him Bob

:agree

Damn SP, when do you sleep and if you do, do you think of anything outside the TF universe?

That said, I've gotten over 97% of my geewun angst. I like the homages, actually enjoy them, don't necessarily need them anymore since I've got most of the current stuff from the past 8-10 years. Some of those others are better left to antiquity, Especially Broadside! Brick transformer is bricked.

do some G-1 TF toys need re-designs for newer homage toys?

to sell better for todays kids/time era.

No not drastic redesigns. just slight tweaks but trying to keep the essence of the robot & alt mode designs.

Examples below:

1- How about a leader sized MP/Generations tripple changer G-1 styled galvatron toy.

NO

2- How about a leader sized MP/Generations G-1 styled season 1 & 2 Megatron robot mode that transforms into a realitic white+black tank. then transforms into a gun mode that looks similar to 1987 sixshot's gun mode or 1986 Galvatron's toy gun mode.

NO

3- How about giving fort max,a actual vechicle alt mode. instead of the city mode turned backward & called a space ship alt mode like takara's headmasters called it.

Sounds cool. Anything is better than the Energon Metroplex.

4- How about giving 1986 Tripple changer broadside a battleship alt mode instead of a aircraft carrier alt mode

NO. Battle Ship is still HUGE, and there are NO battleships any more, it's a dead line. Something the size of a air craft carrier needs to change into something as big, and besides a building what else is there?

5- How about giving 1986 Metroplex a water baser aircarft carrier alt mode. or a huge navy Battleship alt mode.

What is with you and the same idea, different character. NO!

6- 1986 hotrod sports car that attaches to a trailer. the trailer can form armor pieces/suit of armor to turn the hotrod robot into a Leader sized super robot called Rodimus Prime.

Its been done. MP and Classics/Protector Hotrod. Buy one, it's awesome!

7- Release 4 deluxe sized G-1 dinobots & one voyager sized grimlock. That can combine to form a gestalt combiner.

See NOW you are talking!

8- Masterforce overlord. One Voyager sized tank that transforms into a lion.

Had me up to the Lion part. What does Overload have to do with a Lion mode? Why not a Lion mode for Hotrod, go buy a King XKaizer and paint it red! NO NO NO! Stealth jet and tank = overlord!

9- PMOP,instead of optimus folding up into a rubiks cube to fit into a suit of armor/trailer for the super robot mode. how about a stand up MP-10 Convoy.

Didn't they just come out with a fan made PM Prime trailer for the classics prime??? GO buy that.

10- 1985 Omega supreme becomming a supreme or leader sized tripple changer. where he transform into a rocket,a tank & a robot mode. instead of the puzzle put together/take apart parts that was the 1985 omega supreme toy.

OK

11- How about making all duo-cons as tripple changers.

Because then they would not be duo's any more they'd be tri-cons...

12- how about doing a leader sized trypticon toy with a added robot mode. it would transfotm from a mechanical T-rex,then into a robot mode.

Um, no. That'd be grimlock.

3- How about giving fort max,a actual vechicle alt mode. instead of the city mode turned backward & called a space ship alt mode like takara's headmasters called it.

Sounds cool.

6- 1986 hotrod sports car that attaches to a trailer. the trailer can form armor pieces/suit of armor to turn the hotrod robot into a Leader sized super robot called Rodimus Prime.

9- PMOP,instead of optimus folding up into a rubiks cube to fit into a suit of armor/trailer for the super robot mode. how about a stand up MP-10 Convoy.

12- how about doing a leader sized trypticon toy with a added robot mode. it would transform from a mechanical T-rex,then into a robot mode.

3- Sounds cool. Anything is better than the Energon Metroplex.

6- Its been done. MP and Classics/Protector Hotrod. Buy one, it's awesome!

9- Didn't they just come out with a fan made PM Prime trailer for the classics prime??? GO buy that.

12- Um, no. That'd be grimlock.

My fan opinion below.

3- It's cybertron metroplex not energon Metroplex. I actually think Cybertron Metroplex is a good example of a homage redesign done properly.

6- I already own Takara MP Rodimus Convoy,Protector & Titanium 6 inch Rodimus Prime. I don't see the harm in giving rodimus prime more newer super modes like optimus gets in the over excessive amounts year after year for the past 12 years.

9-I'm not a fan of that 3rd party PMOP Trailer/suit of armor. it looks awful in all modes. I want a stand up robot that wear PMOP armor pieces. I never liked the smaller cab for PMOP transforming into a rubicks cube & be put into the chest area of the pmop suit of armor/trailer.

12- You left out the part of my reply,where I wanted this leader sized trypticon to transform into a city/attack back mode,a mechanical t-rex & robot mode. this idea isn't,Grimlock because he never transformed in a city/attack base mode.

Archived