do some G-1 TF toys need re-designs for newer homage toys?

Shadowpanther

do some G-1 TF toys need re-designs for newer homage toys?

to sell better for todays kids/time era.

No not drastic redesigns. just slight tweaks but trying to keep the essence of the robot & alt mode designs.

Examples below:

1- How about a leader sized MP/Generations tripple changer G-1 styled galvatron toy. A extremly accurate G-1 1986 Galvatron animation/toy robot mode. with a realistic tank mode. then a added 3rd mode where the tank transforms into a laser canon alt mode. similar to those BW TM1 vechicle modes. similar to BW 2ND Galvatron's tripple changer toy.

2- How about a leader sized MP/Generations G-1 styled season 1 & 2 Megatron robot mode that transforms into a realitic white+black tank. then transforms into a gun mode that looks similar to 1987 sixshot's gun mode or 1986 Galvatron's toy gun mode.

3- How about giving fort max,a actual vechicle alt mode. instead of the city mode turned backward & called a space ship alt mode like takara's headmasters called it.

How about giving fort max a space ship alt mode that looks similar to the star wars star destroyer. the toy can still transform into what look like the 1987 fort max robot mode. city mode & attach base mode. colors can be the same. it can still be a double headmaster.

4- How about giving 1986 Tripple changer broadside a battleship alt mode instead of a aircraft carrier alt mode. it can still be a tripple changer & transform from a military jet to a navy battle ship then into a robot mode. this way we don't get the jokes anymore that broadside transforms into his own aircraft carrier for his jet mode to land/dock on.

5- How about giving 1986 Metroplex a water baser aircarft carrier alt mode. or a huge navy Battleship alt mode. instead of that ground based wheeled aircraft carrier alt mode. the toy could still transform into a similar looking metrople robot mode,a city/attack base mode & water based aircraft carrier alt mode.

6- 1986 hotrod sports car that attaches to a trailer. the trailer can form armor pieces/suit of armor to turn the hotrod robot into a Leader sized super robot called Rodimus Prime.

7- Release 4 deluxe sized G-1 dinobots & one voyager sized grimlock. That can combine to form a gestalt combiner.

8- Masterforce overlord. One Voyager sized tank that transforms into a lion. one voyager sized black stealth long jet that transforms into a dragon with wings. both the jet & tank combine to form a super robot called Overlord. maybe the beast modes can combine to form something that looks like 1986 skylyn's super beast mode. maybe repaint this into skylynx colors/persona.

9- PMOP,instead of optimus folding up into a rubiks cube to fit into a suit of armor/trailer for the super robot mode. how about a stand up MP-10 Convoy. that comes with a PMOP styled trailer that breaks up into armor pieces like boots,forearms,back pack,chest & waist plate. maybe newer head. fold down shoulder canons. newer added weapons. similar in fashion to takara's Car robot Fireconvoy super sized toy.

10- 1985 Omega supreme becomming a supreme or leader sized tripple changer. where he transform into a rocket,a tank & a robot mode. instead of the puzzle put together/take apart parts that was the 1985 omega supreme toy.

11- How about making all duo-cons as tripple changers. or how about giving each duo con alt mode a animal mode that they can transform into. then having two vechicles combine to form a robot mode. the toys could be two basics or two deluxes that combine to form a deluxe or voyager sized robot mode.

12- how about doing a leader sized trypticon toy with a added robot mode. it would transfotm from a mechanical T-rex,then into a robot mode. then plit in half like the 1986 toy to form a city/base mode. those who don't want a robot mode,can pretend it doesn't exist by not transforming it into robot mode. the robot mode can have beastial elements like claws under the robot fist & feet. a dinosaur skeleton outer helmet with a inner robot face inside. meelee weapons like a ball & chain,a huge sword.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of these ideas have been done and the rest are pretty dumb, in my fan opinion

For example, two figures that can combine into a larger robot...ENERGON series

Hotrod with a trailer that becomes armour... FP's Protector armour

You do realise you don't have to post every bit of drivel that pops into your head, right? And if it's necissary, can the mods give shadowpanther his own version of INH so incan at least avoid and filter shadowpanther topics?????

any sort of G1 homage/remake is to appease adults who can't let go of their childhood. Kids these days don't care who Springer or Galvatron are.

i'm getting tired of reading the same things over and over and over again in these threads. I'm about to take a break from the board and come back later so i can feel like there's something new to read.

Whee, another thread of banality! (@_@)

3- How about giving fort max,a actual vechicle alt mode. instead of the city mode turned backward & called a space ship alt mode like takara's headmasters called it.

How about giving fort max a space ship alt mode that looks similar to the star wars star destroyer. the toy can still transform into what look like the 1987 fort max robot mode. city mode & attach base mode. colors can be the same. it can still be a double headmaster.

I'd go for a Fort Max tank, similar to what he looks like in the current IDW comics. That could work pretty well as a Deluxe/Voyager/Ultra.

4- How about giving 1986 Tripple changer broadside a battleship alt mode instead of a aircraft carrier alt mode. it can still be a tripple changer & transform from a military jet to a navy battle ship then into a robot mode. this way we don't get the jokes anymore that broadside transforms into his own aircraft carrier for his jet mode to land/dock on.

(O_o) Just as an example, a Type 45 Destroyer is 152.4m long, 21.2m wide and 7.4m tall. An F22 Raptor is 18.9m long with a wingspan of about 13.6m and a height of 5.1m (standing on deployed landing gears). Oh yeah, that's FAR more believable now!!

th_facepalm_primeratchet.jpg

6- 1986 hotrod sports car that attaches to a trailer. the trailer can form armor pieces/suit of armor to turn the hotrod robot into a Leader sized super robot called Rodimus Prime.

Kids wouldn't care about this. MP Rodimus transforms from Hot Rod to Rodimus Prime because that's marketed at adults, but for kids... you either just go for Hot Rod (e.g. Classics Rodimus), or Rodimus Prime (e.g. Titanium Series Rodimus Prime - which incorporated the trailer as part of the robot... I'm not a big fan of Ti Series, but I gotta admit, that's a neat idea (if what questionable execution) - they did the same thing w/ Ti Series Ultra Magnus too).

7- Release 4 deluxe sized G-1 dinobots & one voyager sized grimlock. That can combine to form a gestalt combiner.

Yeah, cos the Dinobots were an awesome gestalt team in G1. Oh wait, no they weren't! (@_@) Remember that combining TFs always have some compromise to their design/engineering. I'd rather have 5 non-combining well designed Dinobots than 5 that do combine but are not as good. I don't see ANY need for the Dinobots to combine -- it doesn't make them more G1 accurate (if anything it lessens the G1 accuracy), and kids won't care.

8- Masterforce overlord. One Voyager sized tank that transforms into a lion. one voyager sized black stealth long jet that transforms into a dragon with wings. both the jet & tank combine to form a super robot called Overlord. maybe the beast modes can combine to form something that looks like 1986 skylyn's super beast mode. maybe repaint this into skylynx colors/persona.

Cos blah blah blah, oh wait, no they didn't!

th_facepalm_primeprime.jpg

9- PMOP,instead of optimus folding up into a rubiks cube to fit into a suit of armor/trailer for the super robot mode. how about a stand up MP-10 Convoy. that comes with a PMOP styled trailer that breaks up into armor pieces like boots,forearms,back pack,chest & waist plate. maybe newer head. fold down shoulder canons. newer added weapons. similar in fashion to takara's Car robot Fireconvoy super sized toy.

Cos Super Fire Convoy is a really sturdy and solid super robot mode. Oh wait, no it's not! It was fine for 2000 standards, but by today's standards I'm not sure if it'd hold. Also... using the MP10 Convoy cab mould... how EXPENSIVE is this toy gonna be?!? (o_O) Yes... that will definitely appeal to kids and their parents...

10- 1985 Omega supreme becomming a supreme or leader sized tripple changer. where he transform into a rocket,a tank & a robot mode. instead of the puzzle put together/take apart parts that was the 1985 omega supreme toy.

Not a bad idea, but I'd make it a rocket/tank triple changer, and make it Deluxe size. Or Voyager at the most. I don't trust Hasbro to make anything much larger than that without loading it with some stupid electronic sound gimmick and simplifying the engineering/design. :(

The idea of combining dinobots is crap

If you want combining dinosaurs buy power rangers or the failtastic PCC dinopope

A Dinobot combiner is something that fans have been wanting since before I ventured into the TF online fandom. For what reasons? We may never know.

because there are 5 of them... but i don't approve of it.

A Dinobot combiner is something that fans have been wanting since before I ventured into the TF online fandom. For what reasons? We may never know.

1- The 1980's G-1 Dinobots were a team of five members. most 1980's TF USA Combiners were a team of 5 members.

2- The 1980's G-1 Dinobots fought devestator in the cartoon series & in the 1986 TF animated movie.

Based of 1 & 2,this is why some TF fans want the Five dinobots to combine to form a gestalt combiner.

The idea of combining dinobots is crap

If you want combining dinosaurs buy power rangers or the failtastic PCC dinopope

I prefer the Supertrain Megazord from Power Rangers Light Speed Rescue :P

Though it would be cool to have a Dinobot combiner, the main problem I see is none of the original 5 Dinobots combined into a gestalt.

So if a Dinobot combiner did get released it needs to be new Dinobots, It would serve 2 purposes

1) give the long wanted Dinobot combiner

2) Would not piss off the Geewhinners

Now if for some reason the Dinobots combined in FOC, to battle Bruticus. ok then I'll go that route for Rapture to be born

1- The 1980's G-1 Dinobots were a team of five members. most 1980's TF USA Combiners were a team of 5 members.

Except that Devestator was a 6-member team

2- The 1980's G-1 Dinobots fought devestator in the cartoon series & in the 1986 TF animated movie.

Based of 1 & 2,this is why some TF fans want the Five dinobots to combine to form a gestalt combiner.

I think people want a Dinobot combiner because A) they think Dinobots kick ass and B) they think combiners kick ass and therefore C)a Dinobot combiner would kick twice as much ass. Fighting Devestator has nothing to do with it IMO

Archived