Takara Tomy Tease Masterpiece MP-12 Lambor Sideswipe - MP-13 and MP-14 News and Updates at Tokyo Toy Fair

BaCon

Takara%20Tomy%20Teaser%20Masterpiece%20MP-12%20Lambor%20Sideswipe__scaled_100.jpg
Thanks to Takara Tomy's designer Shogo Hasui who has tweeted a teaser image of just announced Transformers Masterpiece MP-12 Lambor / Sideswipe action figure along with some news that the figure will be officially displayed at Tokyo Toy Fair in Japan the morning of June 16, 2012. Additionally, Takara Tomy will be announced details for the Masterpiece MP-13 Soundwave and the to be named MP-14 releases as well. Check out the image after the jump for more details and to share your comments on the Masterpiece MP-12 Sideswipe teaser image. Read the Full News Story Here

Crosses fingers,here's hoping MP-14 is Galvatron or someone else I like/is on my top 5 MP TF toy list.

my top 5 MP TF toy list is as follows:

1- Galvatron

2- Masterforce Overlord.

3-Blitzwing

4- Deathsauras

5- 1986 G-1 Cyclonus

On a random side note: Is Takara actually gonna be releasing MP-12 Lambor,MP-12 Redalert & MP-13 Soundwave all at the same release date? it sure seems like it. I thought MP-13 Lambor was set for a September 2012 release date. while MP-13 Soundwave was set for a december 2012 release date. I havenen't seen any release date info for MP-12 Redalert.

Crosses fingers,here's hoping MP-14 is Galvatron or someone else I like/is on my top 5 MP TF toy list.

1- Galvatron

2- Masterforce Overlord.

3-Blitzwing

4- Deathsauras

5-Victorysabre

On a random side note: Is Takara actually gonna be releasing MP-12 Lambor,MP-12 Redalert & MP-13 Soundwave all at the same release date? it sure seems like it. I thought MP-13 Lambor was set for a September 2012 release date. while MP-13 Soundwave was set for a december 2012 release date. I havenen't seen any release date info for MP-12 Redalert.

Not that its set in stone but all three BBTS preorders say December. That would turn out to be an expensive month!

seeing as we haven't seen pics of either one, i would imagine the December date is a hold just so they can start taking preorders. I'd imagine we'll see Alert before seeing Soundwave. I think we'll see these last 2 early next year. But if they're already going to announce MP-14 as early as next week, i very well could be wrong.

This is EXCITING. The more of the little bit I see of Sideswipe, the more I like it.

December may be an expensive month, I might just wait and see what Captured Prey does, I might pay off one per month so when December comes I will have plenty of money

1- Galvatron

2- Masterforce Overlord.

3-Blitzwing

4- Deathsauras

5- 1986 G-1 Cyclonus

Might as well release an MP Cyclonus with both a 1986 style gun and Nebulan (much like say Hasbro's MP Rodimus).

Ah man, remember the old days when Takara TFs came with a self-addressed survey card that let you nominate/request 3 characters that you'd like to see? That totally rocked during the TFC reissues and Binaltech! They stopped doing that after merging with TOMY. :(

The more I see of sideswipe the more I think it is just going to be a glorified deluxe. Don't get me wrong I am still going to buy, but with the increase is engineering quality of transformers to date masterpiece may have just beome dumbed down slightly and become the standard for all transformers production. Masterpiece will still keep it's high price tag because it will basically be the collector line because there will be no direct media support for these G1 incarnations who really only appeal to us... the children of the 1980's. So far I am not seeing anything articulation-wise that we did not get with generations Sideswipe. It even appears to take many of the transformation queues from that generations version. One thing that was glaring is that it appears that this masterpiece has the familiar peg hole hand instead of articulated hands that we have been used to in masterpieces previous. However I will say I will be very impressed if they designed a way to hide/carry the gun and launcher while in lambo mode.

1- Galvatron

2- Masterforce Overlord.

3-Blitzwing

4- Deathsauras

5- 1986 G-1 Cyclonus

Might as well release an MP Cyclonus with both a 1986 style gun and Nebulan (much like say Hasbro's MP Rodimus).

Ah man, remember the old days when Takara TFs came with a self-addressed survey card that let you nominate/request 3 characters that you'd like to see? That totally rocked during the TFC reissues and Binaltech! They stopped doing that after merging with TOMY. :(

Nope. It has to be one or the other to be G1 release accurate.

The more I see of sideswipe the more I think it is just going to be a glorified deluxe. Don't get me wrong I am still going to buy, but with the increase is engineering quality of transformers to date masterpiece may have just beome dumbed down slightly and become the standard for all transformers production. Masterpiece will still keep it's high price tag because it will basically be the collector line because there will be no direct media support for these G1 incarnations who really only appeal to us... the children of the 1980's. So far I am not seeing anything articulation-wise that we did not get with generations Sideswipe. It even appears to take many of the transformation queues from that generations version. One thing that was glaring is that it appears that this masterpiece has the familiar peg hole hand instead of articulated hands that we have been used to in masterpieces previous. However I will say I will be very impressed if they designed a way to hide/carry the gun and launcher while in lambo mode.

MP Grimlock's right fist only had a peg hole...

Oh boy a nearly blacked out image. I wonder what color Sideswipe will be? I wonder what he'll look like? /sarcasm

Archived