Classics Blitzwing

Backfire

I do not like Broadside, I think that it was a really stupid idea to have a transformer that changed from the size of an air craft carrier, to a funky jet. An ACC is the size of a small city, and should be up there with Metroplex. I think maybe they should make a current version something smaller like a destroyer, or attack boat, something smaller that gets away from the old school size differential shrinkage trick.

Friend of mine and I have been discussing a custom Air Craft Carrier TF that's more on par with FT Max or Metroplex. I'm tinkering with some ideas now, Unicron armada toy Sized. Iddy Biddy carrier just doesn't work. Was a lousy toy to boot. I think they passed on making Switchblade into a TF because the jet mode was ugly, Broadside not only makes no sense but is just plain horrible! Carrier is a brick, jet is a brick with wings and a bubble canopy, and robot is a brick with arms.

Need a bitzwing that's on scale with astrotrain. Larger would be fine later. I have seen some customs that were not bad.

Animated Blitz is no where near as cool as the original. I find the character to be pretty cool, but it's got no place in the classics collection.

IF they decide to make one in TF Prime, I'd have to see if it's more Classics than Movie inspired.

I'm more of a fan of the latest update to the movie Bludgeon little toy to the ATV than I am the large Tank toy, simply because the ATV with the tank turrent and head swap custom upgrade is more on scale with the classics and just plain looks better.

Sooooo Assaulter is Broadside? $100+ fan made toy of a air craft carrier that can't carry anything? PASS! Sorry FP, I love your stuff but sorry, money is tight and that's just not something I want.

Springer was never that great a toy either. The Alt modes are too close, funky car, slide the rear back a bit and put on the blades and now it's a funky chopper. Blitzwing first please. While you are at it, make a Switchblade!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'd think G1 Blitz would be the next logical step in completing the Con triple-changers. They gave us Galvatron, Cyclonus and Scourge. It's time they finish off the Con triple changer cycle. Or for Fansproject to FINALLY make one damnit!

Scourge and especially Cyclonus were epic, but I have disowned Universe/Classics Galvatron. That toy is so ridiculously fail-ridden that I can't even begin to articulate it. The arm falls off. The cannon falls off. Back kibble just floats around, just like his chicken chest. The legs and feet have failed me endlessly on countless occassions. Even his face looks like he's suffering from the tell-tale symptoms of Taco Bell-induced diarrhea.

I'd love a Blitzwing in the Generations/Classics/Universe vein. I just don't think that we are going to see one for a very long time, so I've just made do with the Animated version. I also don't want to see HasTak cheat and throw in a "futuristic" tank or jet (or both) mode. I'd like to see 2 recognizable, modern-day vehicle modes squeezed in there, even if one mode (like Astrotrains' bullet train mode) must fail.

I actually want someone to make a new Astrotrain figure that is a locomotivein train mode. It's not a must have, but would be real nice

Maybe we should have pelted the Hasbro panel at Botcon and future events with Blitzwing requests. Worst case scenario, it get's made, they cancel it and it becomes a Takara exclusive we have to pay through the nose to get.

I actually want someone to make a new Astrotrain figure that is a locomotivein train mode. It's not a must have, but would be real nice

I'd like that too. Or, if it must be modern, a freight train diesel locomotive.

On another board,Mine & others TF Wish list. was for Takara/Hasbro,to create MP Leader sized toys out of Astrotrain & Blitzwing.

we'd thought this would be epic awesome.

Broadside's always been a silly toy concept -- he's always either gonna be a puny aircraft carrier, or a massively oversized jet! :P Unless you suspend disbelief and pretend that he mass shifts between those moulds. ;) But either way, he's an iconic G1 character and deserves a toy IMHO. Also, his character is awesome because his only alt modes are a jet and boat, and he suffers from the Cybertronian equivalent of airsickness and seasickness! So he's screwed whenever he transforms into either mode! :D :D Aaah man, that's something I really miss about G1 -- when they made the tech specs profiles INTERESTING!

What I reckon Hasbro should do is release a Generations Broadside with a regular G1 toy-accurate head (also same as he appeared in the cartoon), but then retool it with a G1-comic accurate head and repaint it; even as a BotCon exclusive. Call it "Wreckers Broadside" or something. That'd be sweet. :D

I'd like that too. Or, if it must be modern, a freight train diesel locomotive.

They did modernise Astrotrain for the Classics mould - he's a bullet train and space shuttle. Sure, the space shuttle suffers from carrying train kibble - but it's acceptable considering the challenges of engineering multiple alt-moded TFs (after all, even G1 Astrotrain had shuttle jets at the back of his locomotive mode, which was really the shuttle flipped outside down and covered in panels :P (although quite cleverly done for its time)). Not fond of the Classics colours - Henkei Astrotrain looks nicer IMO (ended up selling my Classics Astrotrain after getting Henkei ;)).

Broadside's always been a silly toy concept -- he's always either gonna be a puny aircraft carrier, or a massively oversized jet! :P Unless you suspend disbelief and pretend that he mass shifts between those moulds. ;) But either way, he's an iconic G1 character and deserves a toy IMHO.

Iconic? Springer, blitzwing and Astrotrain I would say could be rather iconic, one of my favorite movie lines of all time was Springers from the movie "I got better things to do tonight than DIE"

But Broadside was in maybe 2 episodes of the show, and both had him with different heads. I don't remember anything special about the character at all.

The toy embodies the horrible 'brick-former' badly constructed transformers of the later G1 series. I think Soundwave makes a better tripple changer than Broadside with the cybertronian street light mode.

The charcters initials is BS, and that's exactly what the toy was, BS. A brick with wings, arms and a ships tower and it's a transformers?

I'm not paying $100 for a custom made brick with wings.

I would pay for a cooler version of say 6 shot, with ball-n-socket joints and stream lined modes.

Or Sandstorm, which might be the eath mode of springer if they decided to swap heads and repaint.

Dinogeist would be awesome, I'm actually working on a custom that's coming out pretty good AND is classics standard sized, but that's the wrong series.

Switchblade would be a dream come true. I love that diaclone, despide the ugly jet mode, the thing is just cool. A modern version would ROCK! It's almost as good as the blitzwing idea, tank vs jet for assault power. Make the chopper blades come off and become double swords, missile launchers for chopper mode reconnect to his arms like classics seekers for his guns. Keep the kick arse face plate.

I agree, astro train in more retro train mode would be cool.

Did FP ask Hasbro for permission to make another tripple changer and they shot everything else out, leaving only BS?

I'd rather keep Tidalwave, alt mode as the super space ship is just plain cool. Now that is multi changer.

Archived