Why,The UGLY robot heads on Media TF toys.

Shadowpanther

Goktimus hit the nail pretty much on the head, except that all the other things the Bayverse mechs are doing that would ordinarily fall under the trappings of an organic, carbon-based life form (you know, The Spitting, The Bleeding & The Flatulence) tend to undercut the "realism" of the Bayverse mechs.

Not really, if anything the Spitting, Bleeding, and Flatulance (Grandfather Jetfire) add to the realism of the mechs, since they also have organics inside of them and was part of their evolution

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMHO,The TF 2008 Animated starscream & TF Prime,starscream robot faces are awful,because their ugly,monstrous. the strectched out inner robot face looks like that "SCREAM" movie villian who had that white skeleton stretched out face mask on. to make matters worse for TF Prime,Hasbro added a beanie cap with a horn attached to that starscream "scream movie villiaN" styled robot head. might as well just call it by a newer TF name if it looks next to nothing like ther 1980's TF media/toy version character.

Personally their is nothing wrong with the 1980's TF G-1 Beautifully designed Robot faces. this still works today for classics,generation,RTS,Masterpieces,Alternators,Titanium 6 inch,AEC.

Micheal bay didn't re-invent the wheel nor add something that we never got before in the form of ugly robot heads. we already had this a decade ago for the TM1,TM2 & Beastmachines TF toy lines. Hasbro experienced bad TF toy sales during the 1998 thru 2000 years due to ugly robot heads,ugly mangled/misproprtioned robot bodies & alt modes. causing hasbro to re-vamp everything & make the TF toys more beautiful,properly proportioned for the AEC TF toy lines.

The Beastmachines toy designs were so ugly,mangled & mis-proprtioned. that takara in Japan refused to air the cartoon & not sell the toy line to their japanese market of customers. years & years ater takara finally decided to sell bm toys & air the cartoon in japan.

IMHO,The TF 2008 Animated starscream & TF Prime,starscream robot faces are awful,because their ugly,monstrous. the strectched out inner robot face looks like that "SCREAM" movie villian who had that white skeleton stretched out face mask on. to make matters worse for TF Prime,Hasbro added a beanie cap with a horn attached to that starscream "scream movie villiaN" styled robot head. might as well just call it by a newer TF name if it looks next to nothing like ther 1980's TF media/toy version character.

Personally their is nothing wrong with the 1980's TF G-1 Beautifully designed Robot faces. this still works today for classics,generation,RTS,Masterpieces,Alternators,Titanium 6 inch,AEC.

Micheal bay didn't re-invent the wheel nor add something that we never got before in the form of ugly robot heads. we already had this a decade ago for the TM1,TM2 & Beastmachines TF toy lines. Hasbro experienced bad TF toy sales during the 1998 thru 2000 years due to ugly robot heads,ugly mangled/misproprtioned robot bodies & alt modes. causing hasbro to re-vamp everything & make the TF toys more beautiful,properly proportioned for the AEC TF toy lines.

The Beastmachines toy designs were so ugly,mangled & mis-proprtioned. that takara in Japan refused to air the cartoon & not sell the toy line to their japanese market of customers. years & years ater takara finally decided to sell bm toys & air the cartoon in japan.

Hasbro experienced bad TF sales back then because Beast Machines was horrible and had nothing to do with the heads, it was the stupid show and pathetic figures. And if your getting all bent out of shape over this, then maybe you should have kept all your brickformers and not sold them off like you said you did. I will tell you this, the heads from the MovieVerse will always be superior to the crap coming out now, because they are more realistic, and if you have problem with heads that are not from the 80's, then stop buying them

I will tell you this, the heads from the MovieVerse will always be superior to the crap coming out now,

My honest fan opinion below:

IMHO,the DOTM toy line failed in store sales. because people were sick & tired of buying ugly robot heads attached to mangled/misproptioned robot bodies.

Beastmachines toys failed in store sales due to the same exact reasons the DOTM toys failed in store sales.

I'd estimate that if hasbro has classics/generations/FOC styled CGI designs in the TF4 movie & TF4 toy line. everyone will love it better. it'll look realistic enough in the movie. the toys will sell out quicker than hot cakes.

You, my friend, are so far off base even a GPS can't pick your location up.

DOTM failed because (A) the overall design of the figures were lacking, (B) the oversized MechTech was ill-conceived and worked like crap and © the distribution schedule sucked big time. Blaming it solely on the head designs, which has basically been around since 2007, makes no sense.

DOTM failed because (A) the overall design of the figures were lacking, (B) the oversized MechTech was ill-conceived and worked like crap and © the distribution schedule sucked big time. Blaming it solely on the head designs, which has basically been around since 2007, makes no sense.

:agree This. ROTF toys were flying off of the shelves. There should be no reason i can walk into a toy store now and see DOTM toys from 1 year ago. NO REASON. They over produced the first waves and paid for it. the line died since they were trying to shove crap down my throat from ROTF with new paint and calling it NEW. The first wave of Human Alliance were Black repaints of ROTF instead of Roadbuster or Soundwave or Mirage or Leadfoot or Topspin or Wheeljack or even Jolt.... COME ON!!!

I said in my reply above it was a combination of the DOTM ugly robot heads combined with the ugly mangled/misproprtioned robot bodies.

IMHO,The DOTM toys had more uglier robot heads & uglier mangled robot bodies than the 2007 movie & ROTF toy line. buyers had enough & refused to buy the DOTM toys.

I said in my reply above it was a combination of the DOTM ugly robot heads combined with the ugly mangled/misproprtioned robot bodies.

IMHO,The DOTM toys had more uglier robot heads & uglier mangled robot bodies than the 2007 movie & ROTF toy line. buyers had enough & refused to buy the DOTM toys.

like who?

Goktimus hit the nail pretty much on the head, except that all the other things the Bayverse mechs are doing that would ordinarily fall under the trappings of an organic, carbon-based life form (you know, The Spitting, The Bleeding & The Flatulence) tend to undercut the "realism" of the Bayverse mechs.

Not really, if anything the Spitting, Bleeding, and Flatulance (Grandfather Jetfire) add to the realism of the mechs, since they also have organics inside of them and was part of their evolution

Do they really have organic material? I just thought of it as being all inorganic and mechanical/electrical, but just on a size level comparable with organic cells...

Think Transorganics a mixer of both. It was mentioned by Optimus in the first movie. They also age. which explains Jetfire in ROTF. If you red the comic when Jetfire worked for the Fallen he was young at first then he aged and was the grandpa we saw it ROTF.

Archived