Why,The UGLY robot heads on Media TF toys.

Shadowpanther

Alice was a nice idea, probably could have been executed a little better.

Yeah... the thing I dislike about Alice is her robot mode. It does NOT look like a Transformer because there's NO alt mode kibble on her. The alt mode just flips inside out and transforms into this H.R. Geiger-esque metal monster. She effectively morphs into her robot mode, not 'transform' (as a Transformer does by displacing alt mode parts to reveal the robot inside, but the robot still carries alt mode parts on the robot). In the DVD commentary for TF1 Aaron Archer explained how he insisted that all the Transformers have identifiable alt mode parts in the robot mode, e.g. doors on Bumblebee's back, and he said, and I quote, "Transformers do not morph, okay? They transform." Of course... Archer was the genius who gave us Beast Machines where all the Maximals morphed from beast to robot and back. (@_@) I was hoping that he'd seen the light after that... but evidently not with Alice (I know that Hasbro didn't design Alice, but they would have approved her design as _everything_ in Transformers requires Hasbro's approval. They didn't send the design back telling Dreamworks to fix the robot so that it would have alt mode kibble). I think it would've been cool to see Alice walk around in robot mode with parts of her human form dangling from various parts of her body -- like that scene in A.I. where that robot secretary opens her face to reveal her robot face, but the human face is sitting on the top of her head.

I don't disagree, I'm just explaining the writer's intent.

Yeah, I know. S'cool. :) :)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah... the thing I dislike about Alice is her robot mode. It does NOT look like a Transformer because there's NO alt mode kibble on her. The alt mode just flips inside out and transforms into this H.R. Geiger-esque metal monster. She effectively morphs into her robot mode, not 'transform' (as a Transformer does by displacing alt mode parts to reveal the robot inside, but the robot still carries alt mode parts on the robot). In the DVD commentary for TF1 Aaron Archer explained how he insisted that all the Transformers have identifiable alt mode parts in the robot mode, e.g. doors on Bumblebee's back, and he said, and I quote, "Transformers do not morph, okay? They transform." Of course... Archer was the genius who gave us Beast Machines where all the Maximals morphed from beast to robot and back. (@_@) I was hoping that he'd seen the light after that... but evidently not with Alice (I know that Hasbro didn't design Alice, but they would have approved her design as _everything_ in Transformers requires Hasbro's approval. They didn't send the design back telling Dreamworks to fix the robot so that it would have alt mode kibble). I think it would've been cool to see Alice walk around in robot mode with parts of her human form dangling from various parts of her body -- like that scene in A.I. where that robot secretary opens her face to reveal her robot face, but the human face is sitting on the top of her head.

I agree. It's like her skin started to get hot and cracked open and melted (morphed), and then the endo skeleton did look like Geiger stuff. The robot could have looked more like Frenzy in style with some human parts hanging on. Of course Bay had to leave the human looking tongue on her. Dude is too obsessed with dogs humping and innuendo. It's kind of like he still is in 3rd grade!!! LOL!! I like your A.I. reference. That would have been cool if that's how they did.

Of course Bay had to leave the human looking tongue on her. Dude is too obsessed with dogs humping and innuendo. It's kind of like he still is in 3rd grade!!! LOL!!

So true!

Speaking of ugly heads, this Transformer would have to have one of the f'ugliest heads amongst all Transformers.

Lol, I knew it was gonna be a link to him!

Oh and Goki, that Ironhide head in your avatar is ugly as sin by the way.

Of course Bay had to leave the human looking tongue on her. Dude is too obsessed with dogs humping and innuendo. It's kind of like he still is in 3rd grade!!! LOL!!

So true!

Speaking of ugly heads, this Transformer would have to have one of the f'ugliest heads amongst all Transformers.

WTF was that!!!!!!!!!!!? I've never seen that guy!!! LOL!!!

Lol, I knew it was gonna be a link to him!

LOL!!!! But I think it's Ratchet.

It's beautifully toy accurate! :D :D It's also illustrated by Ichikawa Hirofumi (from the BotCon Japan comic "Cybertron Chronicles"). ;)

WTF was that!!!!!!!!!!!? I've never seen that guy!!! LOL!!!

Really? He peg-warmed for years around here! (not surprisingly) His prototype name was Aquasting (as was seen in

), but the final product was called Injector. Oh yeah... that totally makes it better. :P

LOL!!!! But I think it's Ratchet.

trolol, it's Ironhide. ;)

It's beautifully toy accurate! :D :D It's also illustrated by Ichikawa Hirofumi (from the BotCon Japan comic "Cybertron Chronicles"). ;)

It is still uglier then Injector

Archived