Confrontations over a toy

SuperSaiyanGoku

Sorry, there's no possible way I could ever agree that scalpers are a "necessary" anything. I pick up figures for you, you pick up figures for me, and we do it for cost+shipping. We could do this alot more often without scalpers picking the shelves clean.

The TF collecting community can work together just fine to close the ridiculous distribution gaps Hasbro generates without the "help" of scalpers.

I totally agree. I also often help other collectors to get toys and vice versa just for the basic cost of toy and shipping if need be, but not more than that. I've never purchased a toy off a scalper and don't ever intend too. Buying off scalpers just encourages them to keep on scalping - the best way to make them stop is to not buy from them. Sometimes I see people complain about how difficult it is to find a toy and how expensive people are selling them online... yeah well, don't pay those stupidly inflated prices then! I'd rather go WITHOUT a toy than buy it at some stupid scalper price.

I don't mind people buying multiples of the same toy for non-scalper reasons, with the possible exception of where that toy is uncommon or rare -- in that case I'm not fond of the idea of a single person buying multiples of that uncommon/rare toy solely for themselves (fair enough if they want to buy it for friends, that's different).

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For some reason I have a hard time believing gok would do that LOL.

Scalpers are a necessary evil, needed to get the product out to the masses while their practices are not needed

Sorry, there's no possible way I could ever agree that scalpers are a "necessary" anything. I pick up figures for you, you pick up figures for me, and we do it for cost+shipping. We could do this alot more often without scalpers picking the shelves clean.

The TF collecting community can work together just fine to close the ridiculous distribution gaps Hasbro generates without the "help" of scalpers.

As for buying multiples of figures for non-scalping purposes, what I spend my hard earned cash on is my business. Don't like it? That's entirely your business. Get in my face about it? Well...just don't get in my face about it.

I walked out of TRU with 4 Animated Arcees once. 1 for me, 1 for my son, and 2 for fellow collectors. No scalping involved whatsoever. Didn't get any hassle either. People have no business making assumptions.

I'm not going to get into an actual scalper discussion. We all know how those end. I'm not even worried about Scalpers as most of the time I hit the stores before the scalpers show up, I can;t wait until Vehicon shows up around here as I will be buying all that I find that first hunt. Three will be displayed in loose, one will be on the wall MISB with FE Arcee, Ratchet, and Soundwave. the rest will be offered up here at Cost plus shipping. Though I don't remember if I have to send one to Sparkless with RiD Ironhide when he shows up.

Now with you asking that the entire Transformers Community work together? That is a nice goal, but realistically it will never happen, I will use myself as an example here. I will help the majority of the people on this board, but there are a few, I would not help. There is a certain site out there that regardless of who posts there or how it is now. I will never help any person who goes there.. My reasons are my own, though the poster here that I wont help in anyway. Everybody already knows so no names are needed.

But I will get in your face if you buy every single Vehicon while I am there at the store LOL :tflaugh

Another debate about scalpers would be pointless. I just don't want any of them that may be reading this thread to think they're doing us a favor.

It would be cool if we could get the whole community to work together, but it isn't necessary. I have about 5-6 people on just this one site I can rely on to help me find what I'm looking for, and most of the time Onslaught is the only help I need. If a person can't find at least 1-2 other collectors to help them hunt, well, that makes me kind of sad actually.

And if I'm in the store buying up all the Vehicons there's a really good chance some of them are headed your way buddy! :P

I'd be up for that Jason, except I hate you. :lol :P

I don't really hate you. Luvvers to you and your helpful ways :win

And the child's T shirt that actually fit me. LMAO it was a large, but still, lol that it fit me

Another debate about scalpers would be pointless. I just don't want any of them that may be reading this thread to think they're doing us a favor.

It would be cool if we could get the whole community to work together, but it isn't necessary. I have about 5-6 people on just this one site I can rely on to help me find what I'm looking for, and most of the time Onslaught is the only help I need. If a person can't find at least 1-2 other collectors to help them hunt, well, that makes me kind of sad actually.

And if I'm in the store buying up all the Vehicons there's a really good chance some of them are headed your way buddy! :P

I'm sure they will be headed my way or your and Sparkless's way along with a few others here. I'm heading out around noon today have to go buy some milk and hot dogs at Walmart so I might as well check to see what I can find

I'd be up for that Jason, except I hate you. :lol :P

I don't really hate you. Luvvers to you and your helpful ways :win

And the child's T shirt that actually fit me. LMAO it was a large, but still, lol that it fit me

Ha! Any time dude! It is pretty cool it fit, but not too surprising. You European guys are tiny! :P

I'm sure they will be headed my way or your and Sparkless's way along with a few others here. I'm heading out around noon today have to go buy some milk and hot dogs at Walmart so I might as well check to see what I can find

Good luck in your hunt my friend! May your hot dogs always be more full of snout than anus (it's an old Irish blessing. I swear!).

Not everyone can look like Bane ya know? :P

Wow! You give me waaaay too much credit! If I look like Bane then it's a version of him that's been retired from the supervillain game for a couple decades. :P

Good luck in your hunt my friend! May your hot dogs always be more full of snout than anus (it's an old Irish blessing. I swear!).

Yeah I know, I'm just waiting on a guy to call me about some gear, that way I can knock out all 3 at the same time. If he buys all my gear. I will definitely be buying all the Vehicons. So hopefully they will have 5 Vehicons for my to grab.

Out of the 5 I'm only keeping 3, you would get one, and Jason X would get the other. I can wait for the 6th one that will go on my wall MISB

Archived