Confrontations over a toy

SuperSaiyanGoku

Heavyassult, Dave is a good freind of mine whom I have known since we were kids attending the same church. So I am not related to him, nor was I there with him when it happened. After our church service is over we have fellowship time in which we just sit around and talk while eating various snacks and goodies. I heard this story from Dave this past Sunday, just letting you know.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but I have been tailed through the store by security

When I use to live in another state & this one TRU was within walking distance. I use to get tailed by security because they thought I was trying to steal the toy from inside the box. Because when I buy a new mold TF toy,i'm a perfectionist. I look inside the box to look for scratches,sloppy paint decals,broken parts,the best C-10 box or blister card. apparenty the security at this one TRU store thought my perfectionist behavior was stealing behavior traits.

How is that for irony? and I highly doubt that Heavyassault360 was the one. I'm sure he is just messing with you LOL

But by opening the box you ruin the MISB perfection of it

Whenever I buy a TF toy I like that's out in stores. I buy two of them.

I buy one to keep in MISB sealed condition

the other one,I buy to open & put it on a diaplay shelf.

generally when I first see a TF toy & the package is in bad condition. this automatically gets destinated as a open up & display TF toy.

If I only see one TF toy at a store & the package is in C-10 condition. this toy stays in MISB condition.

When I worked at K-Mart I was constantly on the look out for the Flash Freeze Assault HA Sideswipe exclusive. Well one day so was a customer. I could already tell this guy was a scalper because of the way he was stocking up on multiples so I casually told him, "What a coincidence! I'm looking for that set too!" and over casual conversation brought up how hard it was to find some figures to which he agreed. Then I cleverly blamed it on scalpers and how much they suck. When the manager brought out just 2 of those sets, I walked out with one with no comments from the guy. But I could see he was feeling incredibly irked and awkward. Probably because I called him out as a scalping douche without actually calling him out as a scalping douche.

but I have been tailed through the store by security

When I use to live in another state & this one TRU was within walking distance. I use to get tailed by security because they thought I was trying to steal the toy from inside the box. Because when I buy a new mold TF toy,i'm a perfectionist. I look inside the box to look for scratches,sloppy paint decals,broken parts,the best C-10 box or blister card. apparenty the security at this one TRU store thought my perfectionist behavior was stealing behavior traits.

Traits of a thief are typically opening packages in the store that have yet to be paid for. Thus security following you.

MISB is hard for me to do. My mom gave me some great advice in that: "If you can't play with it and enjoy it then whats the point?" So just about everything gets opened, displayed and occasionally played with. There are some exceptions though. If it's something hard to find, a packaging variant or if I just really like the packaging I'll leave it unopened. Thats why I buy older toys loose, so I don't have to agonize over ruining a box that will never exist again.

I worked in a TRU in England for 3 years. And boy did I see some crazy shit. Hell I even had death threats when working the tills

1) Seen 2 mothers, literally trying to beat several shades of shit out of each other over a Thunderbirds tracy Island playset. Was the last one in stock at Xmas time, and one of the managers thought it'd be a good idea to announce the fact there was one left on the shel over the tannoy system

2) Had a distraught lady tell me someone had just snatched a "12 inch talking woody" off her... Try keeping a straight face when someone tells that to you, seriously

3) before I worked at said TRU I was majorly into Star Wars toys, and it was the opening night for EP1 figures. Doors opened at midnight, and I was nearly trampled to death by a horde of people. best bit was, everyone was fighting over the mace Windu figures, and I mean FIGHTING. Me , I noticed one actually sitting on the floor where someone had bviously knocked it off the peg without realising. So i walked outta there with 2 figures, one of them being Mr Windu :tfdance

Honesty, if you guys really want to see some conflict, just wait untill Black Friday. ( Ever seen two grown men fight over a GI Joe figure. :P )

Archived