Transformers Generations Leader Getting Generation 1 Style Repaints of Dark of the Moon Ironhide, Starscream

Peter_Van

transformers-generations-leader-generation-1-g1-ironhide-starscream__scaled_100.jpg
Hasbro will be releasing Generation 1 repaints of Transformers 3 Dark of the Moon leader class Ironhide and Starscream under the Transformers Generations line in July, according to a retailer sheet from Thailand retailer Toys2Mail Station. These figures were first introduced to the world at Transformers Cybertron Con 2012 in Singapore this past March in Transformers Dark of the Moon packaging. Continue reading...
Read the Full News Story Here

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

blech...easy pass for me. Shouldve given hellscream a new head too...Then I might've bought him

FAIL and Easy Pass.

Well with these we are getting closer to 40 figures in total for Generations 2.0. So it is easy to say that this line is basically a FOC line with repaints thrown in just so Hasblo can get more use out of the molds. What was potentially a great line is starting to flatline.

I'm just wondering how much Ironhide is going to cost, me, I would get Starscream, also, but they screwed up with his head.

I thought these were listed as exclusive asian market toys. if they are,then they don't count towards the 40 generations 2013 being released in America.

I agree,they should have given HFTD Leader starscream a new seeker styled robot head. especially considering they gave almost all the asian exclusive repaints new head sculpts.

Personally,I'd rather have 2 new mold leader sized TF toys be released in the 2013 generations toy line.

I can easily predict that if Hasbro tries to release HFTD Starscream & DOTM Red leader sized ironhide in USA stores. then they won't sell well & they'll be major shelf warmers. because most buyers know these toys are almost over three years old. These might "slightly" work at store exclusives but not mass release items in america.

Personally,If Hasbro wants to give us any asian market 2012/2013 TF exclusive getting sold in american stores. I'll take the G-2 voyager megatron. that uses the bludgeon toy mold.

YOu're right, Shadow. Actually, I got my brain-crossed a little so these figures, American or Asian release, will come out this year, and will not count towards the 2013 number.

Also, it is a little unclear whether or not those figures are Asian exclusives, since the previous slides all had (Asia Exclusives) listed on it, but not the Leader class figures.

And since they have been reclassified as Generations figures (not DOTM, which were all cancelled here save one), might give it a new lease on life here.

Archived