Tracking down Pre-Transformers series on DVD

Backfire

SO recently I started thinking outside the box when it came to tracking down some Pre Transformers animated series. Long story short, I snagged the whole Dorvak series, in Spanish, which is where G1 Whirl and Roadbuster came from.

I believe that this is the closest to what an Animated Diaclone series would have been like. Think, Star Blazers on Earth with robo suits and transforming Hum-V's. Right down to the Gamalon invasion force, ships and troopers.

The interesting thing is that the alien troopers are blue people in suits that remind me of the Diaclone Alien Drivers.

So. What else am I missing?

Was there a Beetras series? Does anyone have that on VHS or DVD? Beetras gave us the Deluxe Insecticons if you did not know.

I think I recall seeing a snipit of footage from a weird Microman LIKE show where they had the huge combo robot where a Micronaut could fit inside, it's the biggest combiner of takara looking robots that merge into one big robot. Something about it shrinking, I'd have to really dig to find the footage I remember on VHS.

I'm also looking for better versions of the second Machine Robo BM series. I have it on crappyvision VHS, and would like to watch it on DVD. Maybe someday I will convert ALL of it but for now it's burried on tapes hidden in my locker.

Does anyone have more info on any Pre Transformers related series and can trade or sell copies?

The Dorvak series, aka Commando Dolbuck, is dated 1983, pre-dating Transformers by a year.

More and more interesting.

Almost a decade ago,maybe longer. Walmart stores in America were selling a cheaply priced DVD of Inferno. inferno was not his himself,he belonged to some other lisecense. it was a extremly short cartoon episode that was aimed at kids under the ages of three. I bought/saw it once but no longer own it.

Was there a Beetras series?

Nope. Although I don't blame you for thinking so, as the Beetras toys' box and catalogues have animation style artwork that looks like screen shots. :) Takatoku went bankrupt shortly after releasing Beetras -- in fact, they didn't even release the whole line. The fifth Beetras, Beet Papil, was never released.

I think I recall seeing a snipit of footage from a weird Microman LIKE show where they had the huge combo robot where a Micronaut could fit inside, it's the biggest combiner of takara looking robots that merge into one big robot. Something about it shrinking, I'd have to really dig to find the footage I remember on VHS.

There have been several Microman shows, but AFAIK none of them feature Micro Change, which is the Microman subline where some of the Transformers came from.

Does anyone have more info on any Pre Transformers related series and can trade or sell copies?

The Dorvak series, aka Commando Dolbuck, is dated 1983, pre-dating Transformers by a year.

I think Macross and Dorvack are pretty much it. The other pre-Transformers were based off "pure" transforming toy franchises, and not toys based off an animation.

Yep I have the cheapie KO wal mart DVD's and OTHER versions of the same dang cartoons.

I will some day go through the freaking 100 VHS tapes I bought/traded with Kabunkle umpteen years ago and find the footage of the Micrman robot I'm thinking of.

I swear the snip I remember seeing in the clips that this guy used to put on individual tapes and to end a VHS tape showed a 7-2-1 changer iddy biddy and then growing with it's arms up. I'm not confusing this for the diatron 5 flick where they take Battle Buffalo and go inside the smart girl's mind or what ever.

I'd love toget a hold of the knock off TRON cartoon, full length too.

I've seen some Diaclone and Beetras comics/manga before. It is a shame they did not produce the lady bug toy. I wonder if prototypes exist.

Archived