First looks at Asian Market Transformers Generations exclusives

ExVee

Having just started collecting again in late 2007 I'm very aware of what the prices were/are doing. It used to be

simple.

Legends-$3

Scout-$5

Deluxe-$10

Voyager-$20

The price hikes in the past year are bigger than they used to be, but the frequency hasn't really increased

Considering that's basically what the prices for TFs were since the mid-90s, I don't think the increase is that unreasonable. It might have been easier to take if the cost had gone up .50 or $1 every couple of years, but it's probably less of an increase overall than most other things since the 90s.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, the increase to $14.99 is to prevent having to make the toys even smaller than they already are in the face of increasing production costs.

Exactly, they increased the price to keep from making them smaller, which means Generations in 2012 will be the same size as Generations in 2011 was and 2013 will be. The Fall of Cybertron figures will be the same size as the War for Cybertron figures from two years ago. That also means the Asia exclusive figures will be the same complexity and size as the FoC figures. I guarantee we'll see previous Generations molds get reused again next year.

Emerje

I really want these. But getting them might be costlier than I wish to pay.

As for the price change, it's been coming. As have changes on everything else. Part of that whole rising cost of living in the end. Course I could argue with that, but that would be arguing for the sake of arguing. WHAT DO YOU MEAN WATER IS WET?!?!?!?!?!?! DAMMIT HASBLO!

The pricing keeps fluctuating because retailers keep fighting back against Hasbro to hold costs. I wish I could keep pointing to the report that says $9.99 is a magic number that parents will pay for a toy. Anything double-digit is suddenly off limits. At the same time, the cost of plastics and shipping has risen substantially. Therefore, either we pay what we've paid and get a smaller figure (DOTM anyone?) or we take a hit on the wallet and have consistent scaling.

Prices have increased the last 6 mos because Hasbro likely is pushing back on the retailers to not cut the pricing. I also suspect that Hasbro has hit the retailers with a commodity increase as well, forcing them to market the higher price. All the same, should be interested to see what happens this fall when FOC/Gen lands on shelves.

Also, prices just keep going up.

I mean dude, that .99 cents 16oz bottle of coke is now like 1.29.

DAMMIT HASBLO

Hasbro refuses to lower its profit margin that is another reason right there. I still see no justification for the increase in price with the smaller scale deluxe.or Voyager.especially the Voyager.

They also hate puppies and kittens.

Well reading reviews of the new gi joe figures it seems that they removed articulation from the figures that come with the vehicles....great example is the new hiss tank from retaliation vs. hiss tank from poc. I find it ironic that the repaints aren't going to make it to the states....just glad to see that in all of them there are NO BB molds....

Well reading reviews of the new gi joe figures it seems that they removed articulation from the figures that come with the vehicles....great example is the new hiss tank from retaliation vs. hiss tank from poc.

Yeah, it's one thing to raise prices in response to the economy, but another to raise the price and drop the quality at the same time. Guess they've decided Mattel is on to something with their over priced Happy Meal toys.

Emerje

Archived