Show of hands who's gonna be buying HOS Shockwave

Shadowpanther

Show of hands who's gonna be buying HOS Shockwave.

please list reason behind decision.

This is a easy pass for me. because I want a 3rd party G-1 Shockwave that looks like the 1985 toy/cartoon design. with a alt mode that's a space laser gun. I'm sick & tired of all these Shockwave toys with different alt modes & with robot modes that barely look like the 1985 Shockwave toy/cartoon designs.

Honestly $150+ is way too much to pay for a shockwave toy that barely looks like the 1985 G-1 shockwave toy/cartoon designs.

Had this 3rd party Shockwave toy been based off the 1985 Shockwave toy/cartoon dsigns. been ultra or leader sized. the I would have had no problem paying $115 for a ultra size or $150 for a leader sized toy.

Had Hasbro released this HOS Shockwave for $45,then I would have bought it. because it is leader sized & it is the best Shockwave toy design from this decade. I just don't think it's worth 3rd party tripple prices plus another $12 inn shipping fees.

Maybe if BBTS.com clearances this to around $100. I might be tempted to buy it. If BBTS.com keeps clearancing this to $80 then for sure i'll buy it.

So you don't like it because it's not a G1 Shockwave homage. You do know that it's based off of the heart's of steel Shockwave comic book design. Personally I never read the heart's of steel comic book series, but I have seen the character designs and think that they are pretty cool and would like to see more of them get turned into figures

I like this figure alot and may even get him and the price seems pretty reasonable, at least it's better priced then say all the figures to make the entire Hercules figure, or the giant set. But yet you have to whine about it because it's not G1 homage that turns into a space gun. You know maybe a third party company should make one to make you happy, better yet how about I make you one so you can SHUT THE HELL UP.

There's just no making you happy is there?

So you don't like it because it's not a G1 Shockwave homage. You do know that it's based off of the heart's of steel Shockwave comic book design. Personally I never read the heart's of steel comic book series, but I have seen the character designs and think that they are pretty cool and would like to see more of them get turned into figures

I like this figure alot and may even get him and the price seems pretty reasonable, at least it's better priced then say all the figures to make the entire Hercules figure, or the giant set. But yet you have to whine about it because it's not G1 homage that turns into a space gun. You know maybe a third party company should make one to make you happy, better yet how about I make you one so you can SHUT THE HELL UP.

There's just no making you happy is there?

I said in my Thread starter,that this HOS Shockwave was the best looking new mold shockwave toy made this decade. I just didn't think it was worth $159.

I like plenty of stuff,just read thru all 1000 of my profile replies/threads to see what I like. I don't need to like everything & I highly doubt other internet TF fans like everything either.

Nobody likes everything. everyone here is entitled to their opinion. I always state my honest opinion in a polite & respecful manner

I agree, for the size of this guy he is very reasonably priced. Its actually not that far off from hasbro pricing given that it is supreme class and all.

As far as getting him... I might later on, because steamboat-formers are awesome. XD

Title: HoS Shockwave

sub-title: Anyone getting him?

Post: Is anyone planning on getting HoS Shockwave? If you are can you explain why? Me personally, I'm not getting it because its not enough like G1 Shockwave whom modern representation on my toy shelf is sorely missed.

Fixed.

Dude, you always state your opinions honestly and respectfully but your terribly long winded. Keep things a bit toward the point. Anything more then 2 normal sized paragraphs is too much. Same goes for the full sentence topic titles. Seriously, if a post is a wall-o-text I just don't read it anymore as it's not worth my time.

On topic: Yeah I love this Shockwave but I'm broke as always. The price isn't unreasonable and seeing it in person totally justifies it for me. The thing is big and impressive. But I just don't have that kind of money laying around for toys. As for G1 Shockwave representation I'll take FoC. He's awesome. And really dude? Your sick and tired of one character who doesnt have the same alt mode consistently since the mid-80's? Get over it! This toy has NOTHING to do with G1 Shockwave and to temper it with such expectations is dumb. Massively dumb. I don't see this particular item going on clearance like Sonicron. And Hasbro would have NEVER made this toy. They couldn't give two shits about a 4 issue comic series (6 if you include Infestation which you should).

I agree, for the size of this guy he is very reasonably priced. Its actually not that far off from hasbro pricing given that it is supreme class and all.

Various on-line sites with comparisions pics. list HOS Shockwave having a 10.5 inch tall leader sized robot mode.

Most Leader sized TF toys range in height from 8 inches up to 11 inches in height. most Supreme sized TF toys range in height from 13 inches to 18 inches in height.

Hasbro charges $44.99 for a leader sized toy. Hasbro charges under $60 for a Supreme sized toy.

This HOS Shockwave cost $159.99 at BBTS.com with $12+ in shipping fees. this is over Three times the price hasbro charges for a Leader or supreme sized TF toy.

Various on-line sites with comparisions pics. list HOS Shockwave having a 10.5 inch tall leader sized robot mode.

Most Leader sized TF toys range in height from 8 inches up to 11 inches in height. most Supreme sized TF toys range in height from 13 inches to 18 inches in height.

Hasbro charges $44.99 for a leader sized toy. Hasbro charges under $60 for a Supreme sized toy.

This HOS Shockwave cost $159.99 at BBTS.com with $12+ in shipping fees. this is over Three times the price hasbro charges for a Leader or supreme sized TF toy.

we've gone over this how many times??!?!

Hasbro will make thousands and thousands of one toy to get the price break. This third party company i'm pretty sure doesn't have the financial backing as Hasbro does to make the quantities to bring the price down to a number YOU like! Considering the size of this figure, i don't think the price is too off.

I don't plan on getting him since i didn't get the first figures in the series.

Be happy that third party companies are giving us toys that Hasbro would never dream of giving us. This toy is designed from the Hearts of Steel storyline, which is an alternate reality of G1 continuity. Why complain that he doesn't turn into a cannon? He turned into a river steamship in the HoS storyline. Did you complain that Knight Morpher Commander (Hearts of Steel Optimus Prime) turned into a train instead of a semi truck? I'm looking forward to this Shockwave, and looking even more forward to the Wright Brother's esque seekers!!!!

The wheels on the bus go round and round.

SP, your themes are running together like bad mascara. Let's give the whole 3rd party/G1 comparison/pricing thing a rest, shall we?

Archived