Cassics DX set

Backfire

I can't find my Classics Deep Cover to complete the trio, but anyone put 1 & 1 & 1 together to make the classics Diaclone DX set yet?

I have my Powered Convoy

Kold Dia Commander

and the KO red mirage

can't locate my CHM Deep Cover of course.

2and 1/2 out of 3 ain't too bad...but it's annoying the crap out of me!

I say 2 and 1/2 because I have a custom dia commander wearing the armor and then the KOLD blue boy standing along side.

Don't you need Buggy?

Hmmm... I wonder if there is a minicon or something that would make a good buggy?

A minicon might be too small, but the one I can think of is Armada Starscream's partner.

I got the perfect bot. One of those keymaster energon dune buggies. Just picked one junker up, and it should be the right size and pose-ability is to my liking. Will have to redo the head completely, and it'd be nice if I could find a way to mount the tires to his knee caps. but I think this will work.

Good idea, thanks!

I am so glad I posted the idea here, and got some feed back that the set needs Roller/Buggy. The custom I started is coming out GREAT, I can't wait for it to dry so I can pose it and take some pictures to post...

This of course will make me NUTS because I still have yet to dig out Deep Cover.

KO Makers like CHMS might want to offer a reproduction of this one!

Also it seems odd to have both the blue... Convoy and Powered Convoy in the same shot. Hmmm... since there wasn't really a fiction for Diaclone, did the blue robot by itself even have a name? I can't recall if it was even rendered without the armor on, even in the case of Camion Convoy Portauto (Trasformer) version.

Also it seems odd to have both the blue... Convoy and Powered Convoy in the same shot. Hmmm... since there wasn't really a fiction for Diaclone, did the blue robot by itself even have a name? I can't recall if it was even rendered without the armor on, even in the case of Camion Convoy Portauto (Trasformer) version.

Technically, no the Diaclone Magnus doesn't have an official name, as far as I know.

It was Powered Convoy in the Diaclone series, fan names borrow from the Micromaster Overload, which I am told even though it was released in Japan in the reversed blue and red colors, was still called Convoy. There is also 'Night Watch' after the blue Movie Prime that came out a few years ago. Could also possibly be the first Sentenal. Personally I like Overload, with the nick name, the Night Watch DX.

Sanding the head sculpt for roller and then painting tonight. Should post picts soon. Still needs touch up work, but I do like it.

Oh, before KOLD came out with a Powered Convoy colored prime, I made a custom. I have 2 customs actually, I think... One was made from a black KO, the other from a junker Optimus. Simple paint jobs and parts swaps, wrong shade of blue though. I swapped the KO magnus with blue chest with a black one, and painted the black bits blue. Made a all black and white Prime + armor and gave it to my friend for Xmas last year. The other one is just a Prime painted, but ALL my armor sets have a bot wearing the gear, and one standing with out. I used junkers and KO's to wear the armor, while the original or KO Originals stand at their side.

I do have the Hasbro Nemesis, Magnus and Prime, with the KOLD PC and Shattered. I am seriouly considering swapping the clear windshield from the real nemesis, with the red windshield from KO PC. But I think there is a slight size difference and that would probably make a even swap impossible. Well enough alone is better than none at all.

Still waiting for them to make the Shining Magnus, hope they make the armor solid yellow and clear.

I am not touching the green one, if it's ever made.

Archived