FansProjectCore Subscription Service

Operation VaccuSuk

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

huh?

Basically, Fans Project Core is going to set up a subscription service and through it you will be able to get exclusives and deals.

Here is a little more information

The big news however, is our forthcoming VIP PACKAGE which will be a paid subscription service offering member access to Priority on Exclusive FPC Products, FansProject Freebie Items, Contests and more. (Details to be announced at a later date).

Included in all levels of membership is access to items ONLY available on the Fans Project Core site. This is not a theoretical item that may happen in the future, the first item has been selected and produced, and is a FULL SIZE FIGURE. In addition to this, there will be a complimentary item available as a free gift with the registration of a VIP membership. Both of these items are limited and will not be offered outside of the Fans Project Core website.

Lastly, Influence. How often have you wanted to have a say on what toys get made, which characters designers focus on, what accessories are produced, and what the Exclusives might be? Here we welcome and invite that by using a polling system, voted on by the members, which will determine what items may be produced and where the designers should place their focus.

Membership with FPC is free rightnow so I'm sure the paid subscription is completely seperate

Sounds like this 3rd party TF toy company,expects people to pay a subscription fee for the right to buy their 3rd party TF toys.

I'm wondering if fanprojects is connected/part of fan projects core. if not,then I don't like the newer FPC company using another 3rd party companies name. it'll confuse buyers & it's company name stealing at it's lowest. geez,how hard can it be to create a 3rd party company name instead of stealing one.

Sounds like this 3rd party TF toy company,expects people to pay a subscription fee for the right to buy their 3rd party TF toys.

I'm wondering if fanprojects is connected/part of fan projects core. if not,then I don't like the newer FPC company using another 3rd party companies name. it'll confuse buyers & it's company name stealing at it's lowest. geez,how hard can it be to create a 3rd party company name instead of stealing one.

Hardly SP

FPC is the face the medium between Fansproject and the Fans. You will still be able to buy Fansproject product from BBTS, Captured Prey, Toy Arena, and all the rest.

Yes Fansproject Core is a part of Fansproject. The site allows more freedom then Fansproject's main website. As Core is more meant for the real fans of Fansproject, along with its layout. Where as Fansproject.com is meant to be strictly manufacturing updates

Thanks Lord Onslaught.

I was wrong to not post the specifics. As you can see, I am really excited about this new direction FansProject and it's fan interface FansProjectCore have taken. I understand that this sentiment will not be shared by everyone in the Transformers fandom, and I apologize for my lack of OP clarity.

Hardly SP

FPC is the face the medium between Fansproject and the Fans. You will still be able to buy Fansproject product from BBTS, Captured Prey, Toy Arena, and all the rest.

Yes Fansproject Core is a part of Fansproject. The site allows more freedom then Fansproject's main website. As Core is more meant for the real fans of Fansproject, along with its layout. Where as Fansproject.com is meant to be strictly manufacturing updates

So if individual members don't pay a subscription fee service,we can no longer buy from Fan projects directly as individual buyers? non-subscription have to now buying from middlemen like BBTS,TFsource,captured prey & ebay?. will bbts,tfsource & captured prey have to pay for prescription service memberships in order to be able to buy & stock the items on their web site? So instead of ordering directly from the site for a slightly cheaper price. we now have to order from middle-men for a slightly higher price. since bbts,tfsource & captured prey might have to pay a subscription service to buy the FPC figures,will the buyers have to pay for these companies FPC subscription fees? If buyers who aren't subscription paid members can't buy directly from fan projects anymore,will sites like BBTS,captured prey & TF source raise prices on FP items because their the only way now to get FP items for buyers to buy them without paid subscriptions?

what exactly does one get with a paid subscription membership at fan projects core? will it be like TFCC,where only paid members have access to the message board/formum? will fan projects core paid subscription members have to pay $40,then FPC turns around & say's their giving away a yearly freebie toy. when most adult fans know the $40 subscription members dues paid for that free toy.

Will fan projects core actually take advice & produce TF toys that fans make suggesstions for? This i'm skeptical about because usually these 3rd party companies have a huge staff full of ideas they want to create into toys. why make what an outsider wants,when theirs so many fans on the inside employed by the company who are the staff.

Either way this paid subscription service seems like a bad idea for all the reasons I mentioned about. This idea was clearly taken from TFCC.

Hardly SP

So if individual members don't pay a subscription fee service,we can no longer buy from Fan projects directly as individual buyers? non-subscription have to now buying from middlemen like BBTS,TFsource,captured prey & ebay?. will bbts,tfsource & captured prey have to pay for prescription service memberships in order to be able to buy & stock the items on their web site? So instead of ordering directly from the site for a slightly cheaper price. we now have to order from middle-men for a slightly higher price. since bbts,tfsource & captured prey might have to pay a subscription service to buy the FPC figures,will the buyers have to pay for these companies FPC subscription fees? If buyers who aren't subscription paid members can't buy directly from fan projects anymore,will sites like BBTS,captured prey & TF source raise prices on FP items because their the only way now to get FP items for buyers to buy them without paid subscriptions?

what exactly does one get with a paid subscription membership at fan projects core? will it be like TFCC,where only paid members have access to the message board/formum? will fan projects core paid subscription members have to pay $40,then FPC turns around & say's their giving away a yearly freebie toy. when most adult fans know the $40 subscription members dues paid for that free toy.

Will fan projects core actually take advice & produce TF toys that fans make suggesstions for? This i'm skeptical about because usually these 3rd party companies have a huge staff full of ideas they want to create into toys. why make what an outsider wants,when theirs so many fans on the inside employed by the company who are the staff.

Either way this paid subscription service seems like a bad idea for all the reasons I mentioned about. This idea was clearly taken from TFCC.

There is a free membership, which is what the status of everyone who buys direct is at now, it will not grant access to VIP exclusives and discounts, it does not in any way sound like FPC is going to throw anyone to the wolves on this one, and while yes it is in fact going to be just like TFCC, this is essentially going to be what TFCC should be. With the fans in control. When was the last time TFCC asked you to vote for the next exclusive?

That sound you hear is a million crickets trying to cover deafening silence...

I'm not saying this is going to be the best thing that's ever happened, it does have a lot of potential, it could easily go wrong, I'm taking this with enthusiasm, and a necessary skepticism. I am leaning towards joining up with FPC in this gamble though.

The one thing no one seems to be discussing here is how much is this VIP membership going to cost?

Of course without specifics, fans of the toys and comics that FansProject has released thus far are left to speculate costs and specifics about change that is bound to come from current e-tailers. Up until now, FansProject has been a toy manufacturer with direct ties to online retailers - set price at initial offering, set initial product run, and a sprinkling of outlet exclusives. Not to mention one successful charity drive that included a direct to customer (small parcel) exclusive figure.

VIP membership is probably a way to raise funds for the foundation of the FansProjectCore website - security, server fees, maintenance, workforce pay, etc. Keep in mind that up until now, this has been a side "job" for these fans. They have other endeavors and a completely different (although perhaps related) career.

Speculation:

Until FansProjectCore is able to design and maintain a secure online store (perhaps utilizing paypal), the current model of product sale will remain unchanged. BBTS/CapturedPrey/TFsource/et al. will be able to negotiate and secure orders of non exclusive product (allowing collectors to utilize previous and or future store credit with said retailer). Yet, I would speculate the best deal will come from a FansProjectCore store where purchases will grant the user some form of currency within the frame of the ongoing story - in the form of Crystals (digression).

I think the most important gimmick will be user generated content. There's a lot to play with here for the amateur science fiction world creator. Causality, Warbots, Parallax, StormCrow, the factions, Protector/Scythe, Project Berserker (Flameblast bio), and a slew of other nods to early FansProject releases to tie together into a cohesive epic. The risk is the how invested their audience is in participation. Given the age bracket of their clientele, I would guesstimate participation would be limited to an every other weekend affair - which would be fitting considering the rate of release of product.

In terms of community, I think that coverage of other "3rd party" items will keep the website quite active. From big chip manufacturers like TFC and Master Mind Creations - to small one man start ups like Renderform and Dr Wu, this will be the place for the hobbyists to share, compete, and inspire.

Botcon was not only a convention, but a statement. FansProjectCore and my participation with them is my personal non verbal response.

In any case, I hope to make new acquaintances on the new site and at T.F.con in Toronto, where I'm sure there will be advertisements/flyers for FPC. I understand this is really a huge gamble on the part of FansProject - hence respect the intentions and goal of the Project of the Fans to make this truly by the fans for the fans forever.

Hope to see a few of you around.

I've been a member of Fans Project Core since it first came online. And even with this subscription service people will still be able to buy FP product from BBTS, Toy Arena and the rest.

Think of this member subscription thing as like OTCC except without all the BS. Will there be FPC exclusives? probably all this does is give all of us another place to buy from that will hopefully be cheaper then BBTS

Archived