Regarding fan rumors of Hub networks cancellation/removale.

Shadowpanther

Regarding fan rumors of Hub networks cancellation/removale.

I Personally don't see this ever happening for the following top 10 reasons below:

(1)When was the last time anyone ever saw a cable network do so badly that it ceased operations,cancelled itself. got removed by force or thru itself?

(2)Networks don't make their money thru viewership rattings. networks make the bulk share of their money thru sponsors & money they get from cable/satelite/dish/etc membership plans. most networks even go as far as grabbing money at night time from 3 am to 6am thru those infomercials companies.

(3)the first year of any new network is always the hardest,roughest & least profits.

(4)network's that are doing badly don't shut down & cease to function. they do mergers to stay alive & keep themselves on the air

(5)The hub network has decent viewrship rattings. their are plenty of newer shows & cartoons getting added every passing month.

(6)Some TF internet fans think that because the TF Prime cartoon series is rushing season 2's episodes & showing 14 brand new episodes back to back to back. this is a sign that the hub network is closing down soon & hasbro wants to air all the newer TFP cartoon episodes before the hub network shuts down.

Personally,I suspect the reasons were getting so many newer TFP cartoon episodes aired all at once back to back. is as follows: (1)Takara When they air the TFP cartoon episopdes in Japan,Takara needs a brand new episode each week. that's 52 episodes per year takara needs to air. perhaps hasbro is rushing production of newer TFP episodes to cater to takara's needs. (2)Maybe Hasbro wants to stay ahead of the TFP newer episodes & air them on the hub before takara airs newer TFP episodes in japan. with takara airing a brand new episode each week. takara is bound to catch up & run newer episodes before hasbro if hasbro takes a hiatus break & starts airing repeats on the hub. (3)maybe hasbro feels the TF Prime cartoon newer episodes is what brings in the viewers & this will make more newer comers viewers watch the hub network. (4)It's possible Hasbro wants to release newer TF Prime toys this year & their rushing the TFP cartoon episodes. because the TFP cartoon episodes are behind the newer TFP toy releases. like newer characters like shockwave.

(7)Shows/cartoons get cancelled,networks don't get cancelled.

(8)Hasbro now has a major venue/network to advertise all their products they sell in stores via their hub network. hasbro is adding more of their products on the hub via live shows or newer cartoons. theirs a newer care bears cartoon set to air on the hub in june 2012. as long as the hub network complete it's goal of drawing in viewers to advertise the toys & kids/parents buy the hasbro products. this is hasbro's main goal for the hub network.

(9)If their are any Hub network quartly/yearly profits loses. Hasbro will gain all this back thru exclusive rights to sell DVD cartoons seasons/series in stores. video games,party supplies,selling more toys in stores because of the hub network advertising the live shows/cartoons via a half hour episode that airs on the hub. if the hub network can make hasbro gain 1 BIllion more in toys/dvds products sales. then who cares about the hub network losing a few meager thousands worth of dollars each year.

(10)These are nothing but fan rumors,started by fans who can't watch the hub network. due to it not being on their current cable/dish/satelite membership payment plans.

Clearly fans who don't have the hub network on their current payment plan. have other options to watch the TF Prime cartoon series episodes like as follows: You-Tube,When it gets released in stores thru DVD cartoons seasons. thru other fans making bootleg copies. maybe if the Hub web site airs newer eposodes on their site for free for all to view.

Well it certainly would help if you didn't have to have the highest priced dish network plan to watch the hub.

Personally I think the Hub should expand their digital options for watching their shows.

Well it certainly would help if you didn't have to have the highest priced dish network plan to watch the hub.

Personally I think the Hub should expand their digital options for watching their shows.

I've bought this exact Thread discussion to the other top 5 TF sites that have forums. Some of those members claim the hub network's tiers payment plans varies by state,by cable provider & if you have cable/dish or satelite. Some members claim hasbro doesn't set the cable newtork tiers nor payment plans,this is the sole responsibilty of the cable providers/dish/satelite & they decide the fate/prices of the tiers/payment packages. some members claim the hub network is on tier one & others claim it's on tier 2,while others say it's on tier 3 or 4.

My idea was for hasbro to syndicate their newer cartoons & newer live shows to other network like Fox & nick does. sure doing this will make the hub lose viewers. but if hasbro is creating the hub network for the sole purpose of creating shows to air their toys to rake in toy profits at stores,then syndicattion will achieve this goal for hasbro. hasbro can always chose to have a week/month exclusive rights to newer aired episodes then give them to other network like fox does with family guy. a family guy newer episode airs on fox a week before it airs on the cartoon network.

I've bought this exact Thread discussion to the other top 5 TF sites that have forums. Some of those members claim the hub network's tiers payment plans varies by state,by cable provider & if you have cable/dish or satelite. Some members claim hasbro doesn't set the cable newtork tiers nor payment plans,this is the sole responsibilty of the cable providers/dish/satelite & they decide the fate/prices of the tiers/payment packages. some members claim the hub network is on tier one & others claim it's on tier 2,while others say it's on tier 3 or 4.

My idea was for hasbro to syndicate their newer cartoons & newer live shows to other network like Fox & nick does. sure doing this will make the hub lose viewers. but if hasbro is creating the hub network for the sole purpose of creating shows to air their toys to rake in toy profits at stores,then syndicattion will achieve this goal for hasbro. hasbro can always chose to have a week/month exclusive rights to newer aired episodes then give them to other network like fox does with family guy. a family guy newer episode airs on fox a week before it airs on the cartoon network.

Well they basically do that with the hub web site. The Thursday after a new show airs they place it on the hub site.

But as you said, the main goal of the prime show is the sell toys, so you would had thought they would had made the HUB tv channel more accessible somehow. I see no reason they could not pair up with hulu plus or netflix or some other online streaming service that could air the episode the night, or day after, it airs on tv.

I would say I could just buy the season pass on itunes, but Hasbro has not made season 2 available this way, besides its so absurdly priced given what you get, you would be better off just waiting and watching it on the hub website. If they video's were not so laced with DRM it would be alright, since you essentially end up with the season set, but you can only really watch it on your apple devices without major hackery.

Anyways, I just do not see the HUB going away any time soon. If it was going anywhere it would had already left by now...

There are way more reasons as to why they would or would not cancel a network.

Networks don't get cancelled, they get reassigned. See Discovery Kids = HUB and Discovery Health = OWN.

I understand that they are fan rumors and that's essentially all they are.

The Hub is most likely doing okay being its first year. News has not been coming out of Discovery that the network is bleeding cash. Again, see OWN all over the news that it is losing money very quickly and cannot get any traction.

Meanwhile, MLP and Prime are doing okay ratings-wise and a third season of Prime shows that it is doing well enough to continue the show.

Also, I really don't see how new week-to-week episodes is an indication of collapsing networks. Most shows air new episodes back-to-back, especially cable. Prime, being a cartoon and also not being serialized, can play well even if it is in reruns.

I really like your last point there, Shadow: we are just fans who do not have any insight into the business. As I stated above, there hasn't been a lot of news about The Hub being in trouble, and most would pounce on it if there were those kinds of issues.

Some members claim hasbro doesn't set the cable newtork tiers nor payment plans,this is the sole responsibilty of the cable providers/dish/satelite & they decide the fate/prices of the tiers/payment packages.

Pure rubbish. It is a mutual agreement between the carrier and the network. The carrier assigned a minimum value that they think the station is worth based on programming and demographics. The network can then either accept that minimum value or increase the tier. Hasbro is trying to inflate the value and revenues of the Hub by having it as a higher tier in some markets. As far as the differing tiers? That's easy. Not all markets are priced the same. The San Francisco market is more lucrative than, say, the Fargo ND market. Therefore, the SF market will charge more for it's minimum tier than Fargo would. This is why The Hub might be on a standard or basic expanded tier in Fargo but be considered a premium tier in San Fran. In short, Hasbro expects a specific revenue regardless of market and they will elevate their channel to a premium tier to capture that revenue.

The only way they will succeed at doing this is to make The Hub a standard tier channel. Personally, I don't see it happening.

The Hub is most likely doing okay being its first year. News has not been coming out of Discovery that the network is bleeding cash. Again, see OWN all over the news that it is losing money very quickly and cannot get any traction.

:agree I think OWN can't get any traction, every time I see it on the channel guide, it's like a marathon of non-stop Dr. Phil reruns. :tflaugh

Just for that reason alone, I think the Hub is doing fine. There's a much more varied programming line up, and the fact they're producing new seasons and series (Pound Puppies Season 2 is getting advertising, as is a new Care Bears series) is a good sign as well.

I wouldn't see running TF Prime without a break as a sign of the network failing, either. Just a sign that the production schedule is running pretty well on track.

The Hub's not getting cancelled. They may cut back on some shows and bust out some new ones, but I don't think they're going anywhere.

The Oprah Channel stands a better chance of going off the air. then the Hub. and being a higher tiered channel, they don't have to have huge ratings. As long as people continue to buy the higher tier. It doesn't matter if people watch the Hub as it is based off of a different rating system anyway. Now if the Hub were to go lower tier which it wont then it stands a chance of being replaced. With that being said. We also do not know how much say Discovery has for the Hub. For all we know Hasbro bought Discovery Kids's outright. So who is to say Hasbro wont go into another partner ship and start showing other shows from other networks?

The Hub has one iconic brand the rest are nonsense and reruns so until they get serious which I doubt since it is higher tier. The Hub will be around until Hasbro sells it to someone else.

Archived