How do you feel about paying $40 extra for MP Optimus Trailer?

Shadowpanther

Jeez Shadowpanther, how cheap are you that don't like the fact that Hasbro is doing something right for once? Besides, spending $100 is a lot better than $250 for the whole MP Optimus Prime.

I would have rather paid $60 times Two for Two Hasbro's TRU MP-10 Optimus minus the trailer. Having to pay $40 for a useless trailer that does nothing but split in half just seems like a waste of money/plastic. Granted I can understand the trailer bumping up the $60 prime by $10. but bumping up the price by $40 is a 80% price increase.

I don't mind optimus toys with trailers. as long as the trailers do something useful like form armor bits or a suit of armor like the following: Rid super sized optimus,Armada,energon & cybertron Leader sized Optimus. DOTM Ultimate sized optimus.

As it stands,a optimus trailer that does nothing but splits in half. is considered a useless accessory piece to me.

No offense, but for a guy who complains about how Hasbro takes a lot of shortcuts and isn't 100% G1 accurate it is almost hypocrite to hear you becry about paying an extra $40 for a 'useless' trailer that makes Prime more show accurate.

Irony anyone?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeez Shadowpanther, how cheap are you that don't like the fact that Hasbro is doing something right for once? Besides, spending $100 is a lot better than $250 for the whole MP Optimus Prime.

I would have rather paid $60 times Two for Two Hasbro's TRU MP-10 Optimus minus the trailer. Having to pay $40 for a useless trailer that does nothing but split in half just seems like a waste of money/plastic. Granted I can understand the trailer bumping up the $60 prime by $10. but bumping up the price by $40 is a 80% price increase.

I don't mind optimus toys with trailers. as long as the trailers do something useful like form armor bits or a suit of armor like the following: Rid super sized optimus,Armada,energon & cybertron Leader sized Optimus. DOTM Ultimate sized optimus.

As it stands,a optimus trailer that does nothing but splits in half. is considered a useless accessory piece to me.

No offense, but for a guy who complains about how Hasbro takes a lot of shortcuts and isn't 100% G1 accurate it is almost hypocrite to hear you becry about paying an extra $40 for a 'useless' trailer that makes Prime more show accurate.

Irony anyone?

Very Ironic,

Pretty much.

Hey, was't the first MP1 Optimus Prime in 2005/6 sold at $100 anyway?

Hasbro's MP-01 that got sold in America on it's firt release at Walmart stores for $64.99. at target & TRU stores it was $69.99.

Honestly the Hasbro TRU MP-01 was well worth $64.99 because it was 12 inches tall in robot mode. most importantly the toy used a whole bunch of diecast metal. had strong plastic. the engineering,high sculpt & poseabilty are way over the charts.

Last week I cleaned my masterpiece TF toy shelf. I held Hasbro MP-01 in my hand & the toy felt like it easily weighed over 10 pounds.

Hasbro released the MP-01 optimus toy a second time & gave it cartoon accurate colors. it was called the "20th anniversary edition". this second release with newer colors sold for a bit more than the first release. most USA stores sold it for around $79.99. Walmart sold it for $69.99. the toy quickly went on clearance sale & the price got dropped by $15 to $20 dollars.

Takara MP-10 Convoy just can't compare to the awesomeness of Takara MP-01 Convoy. because the Takara MP-10 Convoy is only 9 inches tall in robot mode,has very little diecast metal on the toy,has feet showing in alt mode & uses inferior plastic quality/engineering & so forth.

About the only thing TF MP-10 Convoy has going for it is more accurate size scale in relation to TF toys on display. This MP-10 convoy is 9 inches tall in robot mode & can at the very least fit in with other leader sized TF toys from Rid,AEC,Animated,Movie-verse & TF Prime.

...As opposed to MP-01's blatantly halfassed truck mode, being so die-cast laden that much of his poseability is rendered just about moot, paint chipping somewhat easily on the metal parts, (especially the chest panels) and can only barely hold his own rifle? I love MP-01/04 as much as the next guy, but MP-10 fixes many of the small problems that MP-01 suffers from.

And Masterpiece Optimus was called 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime on it's initial run. The cartoon colored version released in 2006 was called 20th Anniversary DVD Edition Optimus Prime, to commemorate the twentieth anniversary of The Transformers the Movie and it's availability on DVD. (the DVD came with the US release of this, I believe.)

Irony anyone?

Irony anyone?

Very Ironic,

yup.

G-1 Optimus doesn't need his trailer to be 100% complete. as he has a fully functional liscensed truck cab mode that looks convinicing without the trailer hooked up to it. in the 1980's marvel comics,optimus didn't use his trailer that much. so i'm use to seeing marvel comics optimus without a trailer.

Most who will be buying Hasbro TRU MP-10 Optimus have said the following: "the trailer will stay in the box,i'm only going to be displaying the optimus in robot mode on a display shelf."

I only like optimus toys with trailers,if the trailer forms robot armor bits or a suit of armor for the robot mode to wear Via a super robot mode.

Irony anyone?

Irony anyone?

Very Ironic,

yup.

G-1 Optimus doesn't need his trailer to be 100% complete. as he has a fully functional liscensed truck cab mode that looks convinicing without the trailer hooked up to it. in the 1980's marvel comics,optimus didn't use his trailer that much. so i'm use to seeing marvel comics optimus without a trailer.

Most who will be buying Hasbro TRU MP-10 Optimus have said the following: "the trailer will stay in the box,i'm only going to be displaying the optimus in robot mode on a display shelf."

I only like optimus toys with trailers,if the trailer forms robot armor bits or a suit of armor for the robot mode to wear Via a super robot mode.

Yeah but no, but then again yeah, but no, but....Oh I can't make my mind up, I just like arguing black is white and right is wrong. Then again maybe I don't, changing your mind is the right of all sentient beings :win

Actually yes Optimus does need his trailer to be 100% complete. As Optimus does not look right without his trailer, that is why Optimus finally got a trailer for Dark Of The Moon, He has used his trailer in the G-1 Cartoon. As a matter of fact when you saw Optimus in his Alt mode he always had his trailer, whether it was in the Cartoon, or any of the G-1 comics, no matter what he always had his trailer. So it is needed. Your just trying to be cheap by saying it is not needed when it is. What Takara and Hasbro have done is finally give the fans a true G-1 MP Optimus that is complete. If you don't like the price then do not buy it.

Actually yes Optimus does need his trailer to be 100% complete. As Optimus does not look right without his trailer, that is why Optimus finally got a trailer for Dark Of The Moon, He has used his trailer in the G-1 Cartoon. As a matter of fact when you saw Optimus in his Alt mode he always had his trailer, whether it was in the Cartoon, or any of the G-1 comics, no matter what he always had his trailer. So it is needed. Your just trying to be cheap by saying it is not needed when it is. What Takara and Hasbro have done is finally give the fans a true G-1 MP Optimus that is complete. If you don't like the price then do not buy it.

In a perfect world,Takara would have also created a MP-10A Ultra Magnus repaint but it comes with the car carrier trailer that splits into armor parts the robot mode wears for a super robot mode. <------this is what I want. not useless trailer for optimus that just splits open to the sides.

everyone is saying they want a complete optimus with trailer. but the trailer won't be on TF fans display shelves. the hasbro MP TRU trailer will get left in the box while the optimus robot mode is on a display shelf.

Rumors have it that the MP 10 mold is gonna be re released down the line as UM with trailer. He's smaller so it's more doable with him thatn the MP 01 mold

Rumors have it that the MP 10 mold is gonna be re released down the line as UM with trailer. He's smaller so it's more doable with him thatn the MP 01 mold

it's more feasible with this mold since it's smaller but there's no guarantee. Not even 3rd parties have tried to make an UM add on for the MP's which is surprising....

In a perfect world,Takara would have also created a MP-10A Ultra Magnus repaint but it comes with the car carrier trailer that splits into armor parts the robot mode wears for a super robot mode. <------this is what I want. not useless trailer for optimus that just splits open to the sides.

everyone is saying they want a complete optimus with trailer. but the trailer won't be on TF fans display shelves. the hasbro MP TRU trailer will get left in the box while the optimus robot mode is on a display shelf.

My trailer will be on the shelf with all of the other trailers i own. because Optimus is not complete with out the trailer. Even in real life, 98% of trailer cabs have trailers attached. The ones that don't are at the warehouse/shipping yards swapping empty trailers for a full one!

Archived