How do you feel about paying $40 extra for MP Optimus Trailer?

Shadowpanther

Yeah, people who dont get why fans want the trailer with it, yet preach they want everything G1 make me laugh. The trailer is pure nostalgia to me and I so can't wait to have this toy in my frikking hands

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering that Rodimus was by himself and cost $70. The trailer would only be about $30. Plus I don't mind paying a little more for the trailer

When TRU first released Rodimus on their web site,it only cost $59.99. When TRU.com restocked the final shipment then they riased the price by $10 more making it cost $69.99. TRU.com is famous for doing price hikes on restocked items.

As far as the brick & mortar TRU stores in america went. TRU Stores don't have nationwide set prices. depending on how rich/poor,depending on the traffic,income,race,job status & The taxes,real eastate space in the Area TRU stores adjust it's prices to reflect all of this. most TRU stores charged $59.99 for MP Rodimus. Some TRU stores that were located in rich cities like manhattan's times Square store charged $69.99. the Two TRU stores in brooklyn both charged $69.99 since they were close to manhattan. All the new Jersey & PA TRU stores charged $59.99.

I don't like Optimus without a trailer. A small deluxe figure is one thing, but for the larger figures, I want one. While I would have liked to have seen more neat gizmos packed into it, I'm just glad to be getting one without paying that insane Takara price.

From what I hear from people who own it, $100 is a steal and a price I don't feel bad at all for paying.

The original poster is certainly entitled to his opinions on this, and if he doesn't like the trailer, and he wishes the toy was cheeper... that's his right. No one is forcing him to like it... and no one is forcing him to buy it, nor does Hasbro have an obligation to sell this at a price he would be more comfortable with.

That being said, it certainly seems like every other poster on this thread is very happy to be getting a full MP-10, and thinks that the price is quite reasonable (especially when compared to Takara's version). I agree with that myself. Heck, I was quite close to reluctantly going for the Takara version, as I was pretty sure (based on past U.S. Masterpiece releases where a trailer could have been an option) that if he was released here he'd be without his trailer, that when the news of the U.S. release broke I was thrilled! That almost unanimous agreement on this subject indicates to me that Hasbro's done right on this one.

The original poster is certainly entitled to his opinions on this, and if he doesn't like the trailer, and he wishes the toy was cheeper... that's his right. No one is forcing him to like it... and no one is forcing him to buy it, nor does Hasbro have an obligation to sell this at a price he would be more comfortable with.

That being said, it certainly seems like every other poster on this thread is very happy to be getting a full MP-10, and thinks that the price is quite reasonable (especially when compared to Takara's version). I agree with that myself. Heck, I was quite close to reluctantly going for the Takara version, as I was pretty sure (based on past U.S. Masterpiece releases where a trailer could have been an option) that if he was released here he'd be without his trailer, that when the news of the U.S. release broke I was thrilled! That almost unanimous agreement on this subject indicates to me that Hasbro's done right on this one.

:agree

Hey, was't the first MP1 Optimus Prime in 2005/6 sold at $100 anyway?

Hasbro's MP-01 that got sold in America on it's firt release at Walmart stores for $64.99. at target & TRU stores it was $69.99.

Honestly the Hasbro TRU MP-01 was well worth $64.99 because it was 12 inches tall in robot mode. most importantly the toy used a whole bunch of diecast metal. had strong plastic. the engineering,high sculpt & poseabilty are way over the charts.

Last week I cleaned my masterpiece TF toy shelf. I held Hasbro MP-01 in my hand & the toy felt like it easily weighed over 10 pounds.

Hasbro released the MP-01 optimus toy a second time & gave it cartoon accurate colors. it was called the "20th anniversary edition". this second release with newer colors sold for a bit more than the first release. most USA stores sold it for around $79.99. Walmart sold it for $69.99. the toy quickly went on clearance sale & the price got dropped by $15 to $20 dollars.

Takara MP-10 Convoy just can't compare to the awesomeness of Takara MP-01 Convoy. because the Takara MP-10 Convoy is only 9 inches tall in robot mode,has very little diecast metal on the toy,has feet showing in alt mode & uses inferior plastic quality/engineering & so forth.

About the only thing TF MP-10 Convoy has going for it is more accurate size scale in relation to TF toys on display. This MP-10 convoy is 9 inches tall in robot mode & can at the very least fit in with other leader sized TF toys from Rid,AEC,Animated,Movie-verse & TF Prime.

Meh, if you want just an MP Prime cab/robot, that's what MP01 was for. If they released MP10 without the trailer then I would have no incentive to buy it because I already have MP01. Then they released MP04 here as a Target exclusive for $200 - trailer, same cab/robot, no Roller. Pass. Then TakaraTOMY released MP10 - new cab/robot, trailer, Roller (and Spike)... but for such an expensive price, I passed. Seeing Hasbro release their version (which will sell here for $150) - with trailer, roller and Spike. Yeah, I'll pay that! :D My only complaint is the colours look really cheap on the Hasbro version, especially the awful Hasbro Grey. :( The colours on the TakTOM version look much nicer, but not nice enough for me to pay nearly double the price for one!

But yeah, if you only want a MP Optimus Prime cab/robot with no trailer... then go play with your MP01. :)

Archived