Please check out my helped Custom Rodimus toy.

Shadowpanther

This is my Custom/kitbased Leader sized Classics Rodimus Prime toy that I helped create. this custom used the year 2005 Cybertron toy line Megatron & Galvatron toy molds.

Here is is a link with pics of my custom helped rodimus prime toy.

http://forums.TFormers.com/talk/index.php?app=gallery&album=1481

I say helped create. because I bought this custom from a ebay seller Five plus years ago. I didn't like 75% of the way the guy did this toy. So I gave it a major 75% over-haul.

Here are the pics of what this toy once looked like from the Ebay seller who customized this toy. before I gave it a 75% revamp.

http://www.figurerealm.com/viewcustomfigure.php?FID=9270 . as you can plainly see this guy used way too much ugly yellow paint. he painted parts he didn't need to. he chose to paint megatron's lower legs dark dull ugly grey when he could have merly swpped parts & used the galvatron silver lower legs instead. he chose to paint over the megatron yellow robot arms when it was not needed at all. honestly this guy's painting style & skill was so sloppy & amateurish then their were literraly layers upon layers of messy,clutterd & dried paint all over this toy. The toy I got looked like a rush job & completly different than the nice clean one featured in these pics in this link. i'm thinking the ebay seller either photo shopped the pics to make the actual custom toy look hundreds of times better. or I'm thinking this ebay seller kept the custom in this pics link & quickly created a another one extremly fast & more super messy/amateur looking. As you can see in the car mode,the grey & yellow paint look awful on this toy.

the ebay seller that originally created this used too much light bannana yellow paints & painted stuff he didn't need to. the first/original paint job was not professional,it was in the league of a amatuer,sloppy & looked rushed.

I chose to get rid of the hand painted arms & used the regular factory painted megatron toy arms with galvatron's red elbow joints & red tabs. I chose to get rid of the horribly painted legs & replace them with the factory painted galvatron legs.

I put a lot of parts swapping into this custom instead of choosing the options of using paint or rit coloring dye. parts borrowed from 2005 leader megatron & parts borrowed from 2005 leader galvatron that didn't get painted nor dyed was as follows: the lower legs & feet were taken from galvatron. the arms were taken from megatron. the robot fist & rubber black forearm parts were taken from galvatron. the silver abdomen/jet cockpit part was taken from galvatron. the missle launchers/rockets were taken from galvatron.

I chose to get rid of most of the hand painted parts. I chose to use RIT powder color dye & to professional dye the parts in dark tangerine colors. The parts I used RIT color dye on to professional change the toys original plastic color to Dark tangerine orange is as follows: The megatron waist piece,the upper megatron robot legs. the Two car fenders that hang off the robots arms. the back half of the robot head.

I got rid of the rodimus prime kitbashed head sculpt that originally came with the custom. I chose to RIT factory dye the head parts in dark red.

I then went to a auto parts store & I bought the really espensive gold chrome spray paint. I basically spray painted the wings & spikes gold chrome on this toy. it looks much better than the bannana yellow hand paint that the first custom guy applied to this custom.

I used a few hobby paints to paint in a few high lights here & their.

I chose to merely throw out 75% of this toys parts & limbs & replace them with brand new ones. that I got off a few 2005 leader sized megatron & galvatron toys.

In the end the only thing I kept in tact from this guys first custom. was the torso pieces that is the front & back piece. I thought the original guy did a beyond decent job by sculpting out that autobot symbol & creating that cool hand paint yellow flame decal on the robot chest.

Lastly I added the 1986 Rodimus Prime riffle gun for the robot fist to hold.

Side note: I wish I kept the custom sculpted rodimus prime head this first custom guy created for this toy. he basically redesigned the upper helmet half of the megatron head sculpt this toy originally came with, he gave it a rodimus styled forehead,top head pieces & those round circle rodimus ears on his head. I damaged the head by accident. So I had to use another megatron head that has no remolded parts. I chose to go the energon rodimus route by painting the horns gold & painting/dying the head halves dark red.

I have the option of swapping out the black robot fist with the orange & black robot fist that megatron's original toy came with. to give the toy a more 1986 rodimus orange robot fist classics look. currently i'm keeping the black fist in because I think it looks better.

Please let me know what you guys think of this helped custom that I & some else hepled create.

Archived