Dealing with KO City Commander - Quick Fixes

Vigadeath

So when I got the City KOmmander kit I was a bit gutted at the shoulders and hands/forearms. They were practically useless. Yes it's a KO and it's supporting terrorists but I'm still waiting for FP to make another run of the kit and retail it for £40.

First of all, besides these problems the kit is great.

Oh I also made a video going over all of this.

The main problem areas were solved by just super gluing some plasticard in suitable and effective locations to give more flush joins.

For the shoulders, a thin piece of plasticard on the forward, inside surface was enough to reduce the gap and give a snug fit. Pictures a bit washed out but hopefully they get the point across

fix3.jpg

fix2.jpg

Second problem was the fists. Finding the best place to put some plasticard took a moment but in the end the best place was a small groove which runs over the top of Magnus' foreams.

While this is slightly visible in robot mode the white on white isn't bad and not immediately obvious.

fix1.jpg

fix4.jpg

So easy, simple and a great fix for the kit.

• 1 month later...

Archived