Powercore Combiners - Like, hate or indifferent?

Smokescreened

Make drones with more solid legs/feet and have elbows and HANDS.,but the arms were atrocious on all of them.

It's not just the PCC combiners that have no elbow joints in gestalt mode arms. From 1984 thru 2012 none of the "5 man" TF gestalt combiners have elbow joints.

My guess is the budget money can't afford to add elbow joints on the "5 Man" combiner gestalts. Hasbro probably feels kids don't even notice the elbow joints are missing.

Personally,if missing elbow joints is the only major joints missing then it's no big deal. as long as the new mold "5 Man" combiner gestalt has the following than i'm satisfied: hip walking & spreading universal joints,bending kneee joints,rotate 360 swivel joints in the legs. some type of ankle joint. universal up/down/out to the sides shoulder joints. head joint of some kind.

a wrist rotate 360 degree swivel joint of fingers joints.

I don't understand the complaints about the energon 5-in-1 combiners not having enough joints. from my count they have the following moving articulated joints: walking/spreading hip legs joints,knee joints,360 degree swivel legs joints,toes/feet joints,universal up/down/spreading to the sides shoulder joints,head joints,some might have a 360 degrees swivel rotate waist joint. articulated fingers. yes I realize some don't like the energon weapons that form combiner fingers/hands & toes/feet but this doesn't take away the fact that their articulated joints in those toes & fingers.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kinda dig them. The concept is interesting, though the drones really shouldn't have been spring loaded. Execution was...hit and miss. The last new molds in that line were really cool. And Sledge. Doubleclutch's drones may be worth getting the set for, but Doubleclutch himself should be buried in a drawer, never to see the light of day again. The copters (Searchlight and his repaint, Windburn) should be avoided. I'm almost contemplating on TFC Toys' WWII vehicle PCC limb bot sets.

Well my advice to Hasbro would be to simply try a little harder next time. These were close and could have been have been much better if they had designed the limb drones to be more like Energon Optimus's. Though we'd still like to see better.

The combination system would have most definitely been more solid if not for the springs in the drones, but not worth doing again unless the leaders connection ports can be better concealed when not combined. Those were the 2 biggest problems on that front. Made good stand alone figures look goofy with light blue ports all over.

I'm not really sure what Hasbro's point was with these. They know fans want combiners so they HAD to know that this isn't what the fans wanted to see. These discussions can be easily found all over the fandom so it's no big secret what people want to see in a good combiner. Hasbro has to quit thinking they know better than everyone else does, or that they can pound any piece of crap design they want down peoples throats and they'll still buy it and want more. Some may buy them, but even more will end up wanting them less.

In general, just show us that the design team is actually taking notice more, not just the corporate stooges who lurk and take notes. Stop making the same design flaws over and over again. Know enough to look at a prototype and pick out and fix the easier to fix problem areas before it's too late. I can't tell how many times a figure could have been a thousand times better with the simple addition of a hinge or better locking mechanism...something small that would have made big differences.

My solid guess is the PCC drones had spring loaded activated transformations for combiner mode. to make them easier for much-much younger kids to play with. had the PCC drones had to be transformed by hand/manually for combiner mode,then the kid buying age would have been a bit higher.

My solid guess is the PCC drones had spring loaded activated transformations for combiner mode. to make them easier for much-much younger kids to play with. had the PCC drones had to be transformed by hand/manually for combiner mode,then the kid buying age would have been a bit higher.

That has nothing to do with it. Someone at Hasbro just thinks it's a cool gimmick to not have to transform anything.

It doesn't take a child prodigy to figure out how to turn a vehicle into a rather simple arm or leg and then attach it.

That has nothing to do with it. Someone at Hasbro just thinks it's a cool gimmick to not have to transform anything.

It doesn't take a child prodigy to figure out how to turn a vehicle into a rather simple arm or leg and then attach it.

The easier a TF toy is to transform,then the lower the kid age it takes to play with the TF toys.

Seriously though, I really want to know, we're the PCC a stand alone toy line or are they supposed to go with another line?

Stand alone for the most part. Salvage's (a blue Autobot repaint of the monster truck Mudslinger) bio seems to hint at being a new body for Allspark Power Salvage, DOTM Icepick's bio suggests he was once PCC Icepick, and I think it may have been mentioned that PCC Huffer is meant to be the same guy as G1 Huffer. Other than these, which the toys don't really reflect at all, the entire line was pretty well stand alone.

@Shadowpanther The springs are entirely unnecessary. The drones still function without the springs inside, since everything is connected inside them and will still automatically unfold when attached. The only thing the springs do is automatically collapse the drones into their alternate modes when removed, but it's still super easy to just push one part back to move everything else without the springs.

I like the Idea of PCC Huffer being G1 Huffer. However dont like the look of hm.

It'd fit him though.

Optimus: "Huffer you're a good man and an excellent soldier, however since you do nothing but bitch, the only Autobots that I can get to work along side you are these mindless drones. Now you can bitch all day"

Archived