Powercore Combiners - Like, hate or indifferent?

Smokescreened

I know that the Powercore Combiners line wasn't well accepted by many, however all I mostly saw and heard was a fair bit of hate towards the line while that hate made me wonder if anyone found any of the really good parts of the line.

I liked the line, it had it's flaws, but it also had it's good points. I've got all but Salvage and Over-Run of the line, I can't find Salvage and Over-Run so it looks like I won't be able to find those no matter what.

My favourites of the line are:

Huffer

Smolder

Searchlight.

Windburn.

Heavytread

Icepick

Skyhammer

Sledgehammer set - The drones were decent and held together.

Grimstone - The drones are decent enough, a little awkward but they hold well enough.

Stakeout - Not the drones though, just the main bot.

Crankcase - Just the main bot, the drones needed more work.

Leadfoot.

Undertow.

My least favourites would be everything else due to quality control issues and poor design choices. They could have been a lot better, they aren't terrible, but they are lacking.

I do feel that the line could have been handled a lot better with much better quality control and it's a shame that the drones didn't have their own robot modes, that would have made a lot of difference for the line if they had done that.

So what's the view from others on the line? Is it just hate, or like or indifference? Did anyone like any particular parts of the line or did they simply hate it and never bothered with the good parts of the line?

I must resist a battle between Smolder and Stakeout.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a decent idea, but the execution was horrible. I think it partially had to do with the color schemes that made the combined robot look gaudy and partially the spring loaded limbs that didn't connect very well.

The two packs were fine. Its those shitty drones that made for shitty gestalts. I still want Heavytread and Undertow but I want nothing to do with the combiner aspect. Dinopope looked ok from an atheistic standpoint (but Im sure it was just as crappy of a gestalt). PCC was pretty much garbage to me.

It was a decent idea, but the execution was horrible. I think it partially had to do with the color schemes that made the combined robot look gaudy and partially the spring loaded limbs that didn't connect very well.

:agree

I liked the concept of an accomplished warrior getting a team of drones, but I agree the execution was lacking. It's a shame the line started off weak because by the end it was starting to get really good.

Incidentally Breaker, the "Dinopope" wound up holding together really well, and the fact that the drones were in beast form somehow eased the sting of them not having individual robot modes.

I'm mostly eh on them the only standouts are Bombshock when combined. Huffer, Heavytread and Undertow.

Skyhammer is soso, and stay away from Double Clutch and the Rallybots they are loos as hell when combined and falls apart easily. I have him leaning up against Cranckcase who would have been better if his drones were more like the Stunticons

I love combiners & I love voyagers & bigger sized TF toys. So naturally I love the PCC combiners.

I Love the PCC combiners because the gestalt mode is over 7.5 inches tall & their voyager sized.

I'm a huge fan of the scramble city type mix & match limbs combiners TF toys. the energon 5-in-1 combiners were homages to the scramble city G-1 combiners. I feel that The PCC Combiners are a mild-homage to the scramble city G-1 combiners due to the mix & match limbs thing.

It never really bothered me that the PCC Limbs drones can't transform into tiny robots. because I display these in gestalt modes & I hate tiny TF toys.

I didn't go super crazy buying the PCC toys. I just made sure to get one of each mold & not bother buying repaints. I got all the new mold PCC 5 packs. then I bought all the new mold PCC 2 Packs with the new molds I didn't have in the 5 packs.

My favorite PCC 5 pack was the dinbots. My favorite PCC 2 pack was the orange indy sports car that looked like the stunticons dragstrip. I loved the powermaster engine minicon that the orange indy car had.

I even mixed & matched PCC toys to create my very own unique Stunticons Menasor. I used the black truck basic which was a repaint of huffer as my menasor. I then used the 4 drones rally bots as the stunticons. I even put decepticons symbols stickers on them compliments of repro labels.

Currently I'm debatting if I want to spend $60 or $80 for the 3rd party drones that transforms into tiny robots. I might play the waiting game & see if bbts clearances them. I use to love it when Ko toys.com would copy 3rd party toys & sell them for cheaper.

They really should had did without the spring loaded gimmick and done the limbs more like Energon Prime.

Case and point Maketoys fallen, he is a PCC and is 100x's more appealing because you can actually do something with him after combination. Luckily 3p's see the potential of PCC and are slowly remedying it.

I guess I feel like most. Liked the individual leaders but the drones were just every kind of crappy imaginable. I'm not even against the idea of using the drones, but really, was that the best Hasbro could do? I mean jeez, they didn't even have to worry about designing them with bot modes, so in that case they should have been twice as good as any other combiner limb that had a bot mode. But no, the designs were simply horrible.

Make drones with more solid legs/feet and have elbows and HANDS. My god you think Hasbro would have learned SOMETHING after the problems people had with the Energon combiners...but nooooo. The legs and feet weren't terribly bad, still could have been improved, but the arms were atrocious on all of them.

I have no doubt that Hasbro will continue on in such a way. I think the more fans complain about the same lousy design flaws the more Hasbro is intent on designing the next one to be just as bad if not worse.

Archived